FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Is tripsta.com reliable? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1476919-tripsta-com-reliable.html)

mdinadude333 Jan 5, 2016 3:25 pm

How bad is this company? Their deal is very good and I'm very interested in booking a flight with them. This forum seems to be half in favour and half against them.

Peterpack Jan 11, 2016 2:09 am

Sometimes trying to go too cheap isn't a good thing

mdinadude333 Jan 16, 2016 10:56 am

I guess I buck the trend -I booked the tickets via tripsta. My tickets were sent to me within minutes, there was no problem with the booking - I've confirmed with the airlines in question touch wood everything will go smoothly.

I presume they have a very bad reputation when it comes to changing flight details or getting a refund from them - a criticism I believe is valid of most OTAs - but I had no problem with them booking and confirming my flights. I hope everything goes well on the actual date of flying.

spacehunterdog Feb 21, 2016 11:59 am

@dimsims Exactly the same happened to me! The web service said my card is not working and I left the site and they had made the reservation anyway! I contact to airline company and credit card company but there was nothing to do. Tripsta's customer "service" said it's my fault because I should have be waiting 24 hours to see if the cards would have been worked EVEN the page said they didn't. I had to pay 300€ for calcellation! :td::td::td::mad:

MSPeconomist Feb 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by spacehunterdog (Post 26220895)
@dimsims Exactly the same happened to me! The web service said my card is not working and I left the site and they had made the reservation anyway! I contact to airline company and credit card company but there was nothing to do. Tripsta's customer "service" said it's my fault because I should have be waiting 24 hours to see if the cards would have been worked EVEN the page said they didn't. I had to pay 300€ for calcellation! :td::td::td::mad:

Can you dispute that with your credit card company *after* the trip? It would help if you have a printout of the page saying that the first booking didn't go through because your credit card wasn't working and you used the same credit card both times.

Gabriella Fulop Mar 1, 2016 3:52 am

Dear Guys,

I have booked a flight via Tripsta with a cancellation insurance as well. I really need to cancel the booking, but i cannot reach anybody by phone for almost a week now, and it is impossible to send them any e-mail, because i always get an alert that "only latin characters can be used". I have written it in english, so there are no other characters, only latin.... Please help me, if anybody knows any e-mail address where i can reach anybody, send me please!! It is a lot of money and i am not able to reach anybody to cancel the booking :(

Thank u in advance!

P. S. I made the booking through the hungarian tripsta site

Sebring3500 Mar 6, 2016 7:51 am

Don't trust them! Like others I booked a flight with them and when checking in the night before departure the airline site said my booking was cancelled! Calle Tripsta they said they didn't know and that BA had cancelled my flight. Called BAWho said that Tripsta cancelled my flight two days before. They refuse to answer e mails and I have lost 1700 sterling. Thieves and robbers all. Have reported then to European consumer office.

MSPeconomist Mar 6, 2016 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Sebring3500 (Post 26292187)
Don't trust them! Like others I booked a flight with them and when checking in the night before departure the airline site said my booking was cancelled! Calle Tripsta they said they didn't know and that BA had cancelled my flight. Called BAWho said that Tripsta cancelled my flight two days before. They refuse to answer e mails and I have lost 1700 sterling. Thieves and robbers all. Have reported then to European consumer office.

Can you do a chargeback on your credit card?

generikz May 8, 2016 9:31 pm

Trying to help a friend who booked a ticket on tripsta.tw while "customer support is only available in English". He submitted the correct name but they booked a Qantas flight with a typo in the name.

No reply to the customer help form. For "latin" all I could do was type a single line of characters without punctuation or numbers.

So far this company looks like a total joke.

Julien

Roman Hit May 11, 2016 7:33 am

After booking a flight from Tel Aviv to Odessa through tripsta agency i've recieved tickets without any option of baggage. It wasn't noted nowhere while the bookin proccess. I've sended a mail to their support, and i've recieved that is true that i cannot carry any baggage with me so i were needed to pay extra 45 USD to the flight company to take the baggage with me. I'vr sended another mail where i wanted an explanations why they didn't noted nowhere about the baggage, and i'm still waiting for the answer. So the bottom line is:that agency made me the worts ever flying expirience, so in one word DON'T book through them!

generikz May 19, 2016 1:42 am

Originally Posted by generikz (Post 26596466)
No reply to the customer help form. For "latin" all I could do was type a single line of characters without punctuation or numbers.

1. They never replied to the website form requests.
  2. Found a phone # in Singapore that had no extra charge to call
  3. Friend "found" them by using SkyScanner -> Tripsta App
  4. Name on Tripsta App was correct, name for payment was correct, name on e-Ticket was wrong.
  5. They charged us EUR 91 to "fix" it. Total rip-off when Qantas told us that changing up to 3 characters for a typo was free of charge.
  6. Their "best" price was actually 20% more expensive than Qantas current "sale" price.
  7. Quote initially didn't include any luggage (additional AUD 105/5Kg).
  8. The customer support on the phone is based in Greece and has never heard of "friendly" customer care.
  9. They setup global presence (www.tripsta.*) using translated webpages in all kind of languages but only English is available for support.
  10. The confirmation email sent in Chinese is garbled, they do not know how to encode Unicode properly.
  11. You're supposed to be able to leave a client feedback/review at the end of the call but she never hung up, I had to kill the call -- 3 times -- so that I could never leave a feedback.

STAY AWAY!
DO NOT USE THEM!
TELL SKYSCANNER TO REMOVE THEM FROM THE PROVIDER LIST!

Julien

kpietroszek Jun 6, 2016 4:38 pm

Tripsta's guarantee/cancelation is a scam

Tripsta guarantee/cancellation fee is a scam. I paid for "guaranteed refund", because my kids get sick sometime and I wanted to have a guarantee that I will get a refund in such case. The customer service told me, literally, that "they don't care" that I purchased this insurance and they won't refund the ticket. Don't ever use this scam.

dand99 Jun 15, 2016 2:21 pm

I have mulled over using them from time to time but have chickened out and paid the extra 10-20 euros for expedia or similar.

I keep wondering, however, if there is a real problem here - why do just about all major aggregators keep including tripsta in their results ?

I am guessing (just guessing) that while 5 out of every thousand Expedia customers might have an issue, the number with Tripsta might be 10 ? 20 ?

I am also wondering if in the cases described above, a simple chargeback would not have been a simple solution.

xbalboa Jun 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Tripsta just cost me over $1000 (US). They notified me of a flight cancellation on the day before departure, which was 3 months after the airline cancelled the flight. Literally, a new flight was issued with a 30 minute difference in departure time that Tripsta could have easily transferred my ticket over to. Instead of owning up to their mistake, the agents just lied to try to get us off the phone (e.g. call the airline to get a new flight, we're waiting for the airline to approve a new flight for you, we already processed a refund for you). My wife is working with the cc company on a chargeback and I purchased very expensive last-minute tickets (~$1400 more than our original ticket price).

Gurik Nov 9, 2016 10:27 am

Tripsta is a fraud!

Keep away from that site and company! Not only that their costumer service is a joke, but they also trick users into paying more for cheap flights without informing them at all that the cost doesnt include the baggage and that additional charges for that will apply. They simply hide that information so theres no way to know what kind of flight is that, that it doesnt include any baggage, adding which should cost additional 65 euro. They show no indication for that during the whole purchase process, while for the user it seems as if he's paying for a standart, regular flight. Not only that but when confronted on that matter and being shown direct evidence that the costumer is right - they simply disappear and stop responding, ignoring the costumer. As said - a fraud!