FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Is tripsta.com reliable? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1476919-tripsta-com-reliable.html)

pilote21 Jun 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Is tripsta.com reliable?

Hi there,

I have never booked a flight through an online travel agency but after a search on skyscanner.com I found a domestic flight in Philippines (TAC-MNL) with Philippines Airlines for 3€ if I book with Tripsta. So I wonder if it's reliable. Has anyone ever booked with them ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

irishguy28 Jun 18, 2013 1:28 am

Yes, I've used them a few times when they had the cheapest ticket out of all the sites I've checked, and I have not had any problems with them.

pilote21 Jun 18, 2013 12:33 pm

OK thanks for your help.

Frederik123 Jun 19, 2013 2:14 am

Just had a reservation on tripsta and no problems occured. You should be fine!

james247 Jun 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Ive used them before and never had any problems, sure it will be fine.

bestsoftinc Jun 28, 2013 12:57 am

Yes it is good.
Here you can get review-

trustpilot.gr/review/tripsta.com.tr

Alan Hung Jul 7, 2013 5:28 pm

Hmm, they seem ok. I used them in the past and it took a while for the payment to go through. I think I got a fraud alert, but it was a new credit card and a pretty expensive ticket

EmmaKingstown86 Mar 13, 2014 2:58 am

Has anybody else ever had a fraud alert with Tripsta? That sounds pretty worrying. I see that they are also listed on http://www.flipit.com/nz/tripsta and I think they are usually quite picky in what websites they publish. Am thinking about booking a flight to San Francisco to go hike the PCT and looking for the cheapest flight. Would you say Tripsta is the best bet? I hear a lot of chatter about Skyscanner.com, but Skyscanner must take some commission on the tickets you buy through them right? So how can they be cheaper than booking at the cheapest airline directly?

Lili789 Jun 26, 2014 12:17 pm

I have finally solved my problem regarding my refund from Tripsta after seven months.

dimsims Jan 21, 2015 5:50 am

Stole my money!

I had a terrible experience with TRIPSTA. After making a booking I realised I entered the wrong credit card details. My mistake I know. However I contacted them immediately to see if there was a chance of cancelling the booking. They informed me that this was no problem and I wouldn't be charged. I then booked the flight again with TRIPSTA, this time with the correct credit card details. All went to plan, I received all my documentation confirming the booking (something that didn't happen with the first booking). When I checked my bank account they had charged me for both bookings. They denied any responsibility, and charged me cancellation fees to the amount of almost $300 to cancel one of the double booked flights. It was a painful process of back and forth emails where I was passed around the customer service team like a hot potato. Ive learnt my lesson not to deal again with the cheaper travel agents out there. It will end up costing you more eventually.

hco Jan 24, 2015 12:54 am

Originally Posted by dimsims (Post 24206416)
I had a terrible experience with TRIPSTA. After making a booking I realised I entered the wrong credit card details. My mistake I know. However I contacted them immediately to see if there was a chance of cancelling the booking. They informed me that this was no problem and I wouldn't be charged. I then booked the flight again with TRIPSTA, this time with the correct credit card details. All went to plan, I received all my documentation confirming the booking (something that didn't happen with the first booking). When I checked my bank account they had charged me for both bookings. They denied any responsibility, and charged me cancellation fees to the amount of almost $300 to cancel one of the double booked flights. It was a painful process of back and forth emails where I was passed around the customer service team like a hot potato. Ive learnt my lesson not to deal again with the cheaper travel agents out there. It will end up costing you more eventually.

Would be interesting to know what CC info was wrong? Certainly not the number since you did get charged? Maybe just name or address?

Have you talked to your credit card issuer about a charge back instead? May be easier.

achanggt Jun 25, 2015 11:59 am

STOLE MY MONEY AS WELL!!!

Bought a ticket at tripsta.com. As I was completing the order, the website showed that the transaction could not be completed. However, my credit card was charged.

I contacted tripsta representatives, who apologized and assured they would refund my money. Never happened. This is a company dedicated to scamming people. Just look them up in the intenet (as I should have done before) and you will see they use this same modus operandi with everyone.

Beware!!!!

Capvermell Jul 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Tripsta Are Scammers - Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!

For anyone who wrongly thinks that Tripsta is a reputable online travel agent that they can trust and will have no problems with (which definitely is the case with Expedia, Opodo or Travelocity) I would strongly advise you to read the lengthy thread about the numerous disgraceful forms of behaviour of this company to be found in the thread at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...ir_Travel.html

For instance they sell tickets on long haul flights without making it clear that hold baggage is not included and also offer a supposed insurance guarantee against cancelling flights (due to sickness and bereavement) that they then try to wriggle out of honouring on almost every occasion (even if the cause of not being able to travel is the sudden death of a close family relative).

The only reason this bunch of repeat serial scamboys seem to stay in business is because they pay SkyScanner to show them as having the cheapest possible ticket to numerous destinations but they fund this slight extra cheapness of a pound or too per flight out of all the numerous outrageous scams that they then perpetrate on their customers.

Do not use Tripsta under any possible circumstances. In fact they should more accurately change their name to Tricksta as far as I am concerned.:mad:

smartgiri Oct 29, 2015 6:39 am

Guys, Do not use Tripsta. I done my payment and i have received the ticket via email. But when i reach the Airport while doing my checkin they told my flight ticket is not seen in the system and ask me to call Tripsta and ask, I was having only 45 mins left and i was trying to reach somebody after 20 mis of call waiting. At last i got one agent (Tripsta) and he told the flight ticket is seen on their systems and they told me its mistake of the system in checkin. I approached Direct Airlines counter and they pointed my to Tripsta. As a next option, Tripsa recommended for me to re-book same flights for next day. Then i asked them if its reliable and they says "Not sure and maybe it can happen tomorrow also " . But any way i have decided to re-book to the next day which cost 195 Euro ( I am still in the Airport and can check with Airlines). But they asked me to give my Credit Card number details via phone since they don't have online option for me to do that. I denied.

They told cancellation of the existing ticket will refund only around 50 Euros. But i paied 500 Euros for the flight ticket

Basically I lost my time and money. I booked another flights and Emirates ( which never had issue before )

It was only Mistake from Tripsta. THET DON'T WANT HELP. Check below links. There are lot of bad review from many users

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/tripsta.html

Guys, Never Trust this tripsta. They are real .......s. Once its booked they don't care about the customers. Its your money. Don't waste it. Pay some extra and book directly from the website.

Pupstar Nov 5, 2015 6:38 am

Another disappointed customer here. Booking cancelled didn't let us know.