FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   xONEx ex MRU (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/548509-xonex-ex-mru.html)

virtualtroy Apr 16, 2006 9:26 am

xONEx ex MRU

Looking at Mauritius prices, this looks tempting, however I can't get my chosen itin to validate (must be getting rusty on the rules).

Thinking of something along the lines of:

MRU-LHR-THR-LHR-IST-LHR-GRU-SCL-IPC-xSCL-EZE-xLHR-CPT-xLHR-MRU.

As far as I can work out, I come unstuck on passing through LON too many times - even though there's no way to get back to Africa from South America without first passing through London.

Any suggestions for how to fine tune this?

Viajero Apr 16, 2006 10:11 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
...As far as I can work out, I come unstuck on passing through LON too many times...

You do not appear to go around the world. ¿Wouldn't that be a bigger issue?

Gardyloo Apr 16, 2006 11:58 am

Looking at Mauritius prices, this looks tempting, however I can't get my chosen itin to validate (must be getting rusty on the rules).

Thinking of something along the lines of:

MRU-LHR-THR-LHR-IST-LHR-GRU-SCL-IPC-xSCL-EZE-xLHR-CPT-xLHR-MRU.

As far as I can work out, I come unstuck on passing through LON too many times - even though there's no way to get back to Africa from South America without first passing through London.

You're not crossing the Pacific, and you're entering Africa twice (i.e not at an approved "free" second entry point - Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya.)

Put in a transpac segment and wait till Comair launches JNB-MRU in the next few weeks - things will be easier.

mrboh Apr 16, 2006 9:52 pm

As the rules currently stand, you can't both start and end an xONEx in MRU, you have to open jaw it somewhere. However, as Gardyloo mentions, Comair are starting a service from South Africa to MRU in July (presumably ex-JNB). When that happens you could potentially do something like:

MRU-LHR-THR-LHR-IST-LHR-GRU-SCL-IPC-SCL-AKL-SYD-JNB-CPT-JNB-MRU

which would fit nicely into an xONE4.

virtualtroy Apr 17, 2006 1:06 am

Originally Posted by mrboh
As the rules currently stand, you can't both start and end an xONEx in MRU, you have to open jaw it somewhere. However, as Gardyloo mentions, Comair are starting a service from South Africa to MRU in July (presumably ex-JNB). When that happens you could potentially do something like:

Thanks. How bizarre not to be able to return to the point of origin???

I wasn't aware of the new Comair service, so useful to know about. Thanks alot.

JohnAx May 2, 2006 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mrboh

Unfortunately neither the Cathay trip planner nor the BA on-line booking engine offer either CPT-MRU or JNB-MRU (for early August) except via LHR. Afaik Comair flights should be visible on the BA site.

Gardyloo May 2, 2006 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by JohnAx
Unfortunately neither the Cathay trip planner nor the BA on-line booking engine offer either CPT-MRU or JNB-MRU (for early August) except via LHR. Afaik Comair flights should be visible on the BA site.

Obviously they're not in the systems yet. According to the MRU airport website there are slots for a Comair plane (733) on Saturdays "April and 6th May," but no flight nos. listed, so I'm guessing Comair is still working on ground handling, overwater training, etc. Or, the idea's been scrubbed. Comair's website is currently inop, so nothing from the mouth of the horse.

hauteboy May 2, 2006 6:36 pm

You don't have to end the OWE in MRU; you can end your RTW anywhere in Africa. So just getting back to NBO (via LHR) or JNB (via HKG/SYD) would be sufficient.