FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   All 13 oneworld CEOs in London on Friday (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1953944-all-13-oneworld-ceos-london-friday.html)

Raffles Jan 31, 2019 5:30 am

All 13 oneworld CEOs in London on Friday

Surprised no-one has picked this up.

Anyway, all 13 oneworld CEO's are in London tomorrow for 'something'. This includes Alex, Willie (not sure how he snuck in!), Luis Gallego from Iberia, Doug Parker from AA, Alan Joyce from Qantas, Akbar Al Baker from Qatar Airways (probably not sat next to Doug Parker) and Topi Manner from Finnair.

I will find out why at 9am when they are jointly announcing something in the City.

I suppose there is an outside chance that all 13 have flown in to launch the BA anniversary TV ad but I am not fully convinced :-)

BAEC Jan 31, 2019 5:35 am

Is the CEO of China Southern also in London?

pacenotes Jan 31, 2019 5:36 am

Where is the Aerlingus CEO at the moment?

Can they just join!

mikeyfly Jan 31, 2019 5:38 am

Wouldn't it be nice if they aligned the fees and surcharges on Avios ….

florens Jan 31, 2019 5:39 am

Does this have anything to do with the announcement from BA tomorrow? This new ad everyone is talking about?

South London Bon Viveur Jan 31, 2019 5:40 am

Shame the weather isn't playing ball :)

sxc Jan 31, 2019 6:05 am

Isn’t it just the 20th anniversary party?

Did QR turn up?

Qatar Air May Boycott Oneworld Jamboree Over Spat With Partners
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-with-partners

Tobias-UK Jan 31, 2019 6:07 am

Hopefully it will be the announcement that Qatar will leave oneworld :p

wb1969 Jan 31, 2019 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 30723056)

Out of curiosity, why? I flew on QR for the first time recently. 6 sectors, all in Y and on every one of them they beat the crap out of BA equivalent on every measure.

I admit to being a lowly leisure traveller and know nothing of the politics that goes on.

davem4 Jan 31, 2019 6:59 am

Originally Posted by wb1969 (Post 30723181)
Out of curiosity, why? I flew on QR for the first time recently. 6 sectors, all in Y and on every one of them they beat the crap out of BA equivalent on every measure.

I admit to being a lowly leisure traveller and know nothing of the politics that goes on.

Did you enjoy the "bare minimum" offering to onewold saphire and emerald's in terms of lounge access in DOH?

craigthemif Jan 31, 2019 7:03 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 30722978)

Why would you want to pay fees and surcharges on all Avios rewards? You know the alignment would only be one way...

Rowyourboat Jan 31, 2019 7:04 am

They'd probably make it worse across the board and call it an "enhancement" ;)

shimps1 Jan 31, 2019 8:10 am

Originally Posted by davem4 (Post 30723199)
Did you enjoy the "bare minimum" offering to onewold saphire and emerald's in terms of lounge access in DOH?

For most, the lounge is not the most important part of travel. I would much rather be comfortable on the plane with a poor lounge than have a great lounge and be uncomfortable.

zebranz Jan 31, 2019 8:15 am

Don't give them ideas- all will adopt the highest (is that still BA?).

subject2load Jan 31, 2019 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 30723056)

Originally Posted by wb1969 (Post 30723181)

You’re far from alone in showing such enthusiasm for Qatar Airways.

Politics aside, I struggle to see what benefit there would be for BAEC members in QR leaving OW. Those who prefer to avoid them will surely have little reason to care anyway ; but the reality is that for many, many, others, a QR split would mean a loss of opportunity to earn Avios whilst enjoying a product & onboard service of high quality, along with some very attractive fares across many popular routes. They have achieved a solid reputation even though they have been around for a lot less time than most other OW carriers, and they are, for a good number of regular travellers, one of the gems of the alliance.

QR can leave a lot to be desired where their ground services / customer support are concerned ; and they have a CEO who can be quite irrational, and who - safe to say - is not universally admired and respected. But then again ...... taking the OneWorld family as a whole, these negatives are hardly unique to Qatar.