Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage allowance on BA+Finnair codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Baggage allowance on BA+Finnair codeshare

Already posted on another forum, but was advised to post here.

I am flying EBB-HEL through LHR (and back). The LHR-HEL leg is a codeshare operated by Finnair, EBB-LHR by BA. The baggage allowance is 1 piece of 23kgs. BA allows you to buy another bag for €43. Their website does not say, however, if this applies for the entire return journey, or just one-way. It also does not say, whether it entitles me to take the extra bag on the Finnair operated second leg. My gut would say that since it is all on the BA ticket, the BA allowance would apply also on the Finnair flight.

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Given that the EBB-LHR segment is intercontinental, the BA rule applies for the entire journey.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

That was most helpful, thanks. Would you also happen to know if the extra piece purchased applies only for the one-way journey or both ways?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The BA additional purchase only , iirc, applies to the BA flight . Is manage my booking actually allowing the purchase? istr that it didn't allow it if there was another carrier in the booking

The additional charge is one way

Dave
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Daedalion
That was most helpful, thanks. Would you also happen to know if the extra piece purchased applies only for the one-way journey or both ways?
Since the BA rule applies to the entire journey, so should extra bag charge. However, I was not able to confirm that via GDS. I would suggest you to call BA and double check.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
http://www.cxagentsusa.com/images/30...GE_RULES_1.pdf

The examples may assist ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.