Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access in Berlin and Venice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Lounge Access in Berlin and Venice

We are flying Air Berlin: Venice-Berlin, Berlin-Frankfurt, and AA: Frankfurt-DFW. The AA portion is in J and the first 2 segments are in economy as that's all Air Berlin has. We will overnight in Frankfurt, but will be there for less than 24 hours. My understanding is that we are allowed to use the OW lounges in Venice and Berlin since we are connecting to an overseas flight in J, but the OW agent says no, not allowed?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
From http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/:
Customers flying in Economy class on the domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling the longhaul segment.
You are definately entitled to access the lounge in BER (print a copy of this rule from OW website to be safe). However, VCE might be a bit more difficult, as you are not connecting to a longhaul flight directly, AB has no lounge in VCE, and the lounges other OW carriers used are operated by 3rd parties. BTW, who is the "OW" agent you are referring to? There really is not such person to be the "OW agent."

Last edited by ernestnywang; Apr 8, 2012 at 4:08 pm
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I spoke with a representative reached via the telephone number listed in the 'contact' link on the OW website.

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
From http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/:

You are definately entitled to access the lounge in BER (print a copy of this rule from OW website to be safe). However, VCE might be a bit more difficult, as you are not connecting to a longhaul flight directly, AB has no lounge in VCE, and the lounges other OW carriers used are operated by 3rd parties. BTW, who is the "OW" agent you are referring to? There really is not such person to be the "OW agent."
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:47 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by aceflyer2
Thanks. I spoke with a representative reached via the telephone number listed in the 'contact' link on the OW website.
I only see member airline logos that link you to the contact of respecitve airlines under the "contact" link on the OW website. Is there something that I miss?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:09 am
Original Poster

I thought it was a OW #, but maybe not.

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I only see member airline logos that link you to the contact of respecitve airlines under the "contact" link on the OW website. Is there something that I miss?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.