Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney hotels (points stay) around NYE

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 12:09 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by cyclotron
For NYE I have booked 5 nights at the Sydney Harbour Marriott using points. Any reviews about this Hotel? Anything to watch out for?
It was built as a Renaissance so much nicer than a normal Marriott. Top 2 floors are fabulous (all suites), well worth getting. Some good views and sight lines despite being surrounded by tall buildings. Club is worth getting if you aren't on the top 2 floors.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:24 am

Question

Originally Posted by number_6
It was built as a Renaissance so much nicer than a normal Marriott. Top 2 floors are fabulous (all suites), well worth getting. Some good views and sight lines despite being surrounded by tall buildings. Club is worth getting if you aren't on the top 2 floors.
Reviving an old thread. I'm planning for Sydney on NYE 2014. I currently have three nights booked (including NYE) at the Westin Sydney, but I'm wondering about changing that reservation to the Sydney Harbor Marriott. Would the Marriott have views of the fireworks from some of the rooms? Rooftop?

-WT
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:30 am

I doubt there are any reasonable views from the hotel.
We stayed there for NYE and went to the Opera house for the fireworks.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:39 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
About 10% of the rooms at the Marriott have views (bridge in one direction and opera house in the other) but almost all of the suites on the top 2 floors have decent views. Not the best (that honour belongs to serviced apartments, ironically enough) but better than average. The remaining 90% of the rooms have little or no view and will disappoint. Kind of a sharp division at this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.