Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines lounge in SFO [Access for WC Member?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:41 am
Original Poster

I'm headed to NRT via SFO and back next week (connecting in SFO from MSP using Northwest tickets on Northwest flights). I'm a WorldClub member and I thought about visiting the Akaska Airlines lounge on the way back.

Northwest says this on their website about access to the SFO Alaska Airlines lounge: "Must present valid WorldClubs card and a ticket or boarding pass on a Alaska Airlines, Delta, or Northwest-operated flight. If you are traveling on a Delta or Northwest-operated flight, no guests are allowed."

I thought you had to be on an Alaska coded, Alaska, Northwest or Delta operated flight - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any ideas about this?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
I think you only need to be flying on AS metal, it doesn't matter who's code the ticket is under.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

I'm sure you can get in when flying AS metal and that if you are on AS metal it makes no difference what airline code is on it. The question is - what about if you are flying NW or Delta metal on a NW or Delta coded ticket? The NW web site seems to indicate that you'll be admitted, but I didn't think that was the case.

I think the NW web site forgot to mention that if you are flying Delta or NW metal, it must be an Alaska coded ticket.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
This is all irrelevant. The AS BR is behind a different security than NW.

You can use the DL CRC or the CO PC outside security tho.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by RobertH
I'm sure you can get in when flying AS metal and that if you are on AS metal it makes no difference what airline code is on it. The question is - what about if you are flying NW or Delta metal on a NW or Delta coded ticket? The NW web site seems to indicate that you'll be admitted, but I didn't think that was the case.

I think the NW web site forgot to mention that if you are flying Delta or NW metal, it must be an Alaska coded ticket.
This was a recent change implemented late last month... due to the marketing agreement between AS & DL... I am an AS BR member, so when I was flying AS this month, I was admitted to the SEA WC for the first time (no guests)

So if flying NW/DL metal one gains access to the AS BR (no guests) and if flying on AS metal, one gains access to the AS BR (with guests)...

And if you have a long enough layover and you want to visit the SFO Boardroom, you can probably call over there and arrange a pass thru security (I do like to visit multiple lounges in an airport visit too )
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
This was a recent change implemented late last month... due to the marketing agreement between AS & DL... I am an AS BR member, so when I was flying AS this month, I was admitted to the SEA WC for the first time (no guests)

So if flying NW/DL metal one gains access to the AS BR (no guests) and if flying on AS metal, one gains access to the AS BR (with guests)...

And if you have a long enough layover and you want to visit the SFO Boardroom, you can probably call over there and arrange a pass thru security (I do like to visit multiple lounges in an airport visit too )
Great! I have never been in any AS Boardroom - I'll try out the one in SFO as I've got about three hours to kill. In my experience TSA will let you through security to a different concourse than you are flying out of - as long as you've got a boarding pass out of that airport that day. Granted I'll to go through security twice - once on the way to the AS Boardroom and once on the way to my NWA flight.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
FWIW, for Delta Crown Room members, we've had access for a few years now to the BRs if on AS or DL metal. NW metal now counts as well. I'd assume it's the same for WC members now too.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by RobertH
Great! I have never been in any AS Boardroom - I'll try out the one in SFO as I've got about three hours to kill.
I used it once when going on an AC flight (the boardroom is across from the AC gate) The CRC before security is much better. Substantially larger, and more amenities.

(I was a priority pass member, which is how I got in.. just clarification
Old Apr 19, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta
Alaska BR admission, DL FF at Sea-Tac

Before I attempt to gain access the the AS BR in Sea-Tac, does anyone out there know the current "pass" rules, e.g., holding DL boarding pass, issued by Delta, not coded, etc.

I tried at SEA several months ago (inbound from ANC) and was in the middle of a mini uprising. Several (DL) FF's were denied admission as they did not hold AS boarding passes from AS flights. I, too, was denied. That was the rule: Hold an AS boarding pass and you are admitted, otherwise, sorry, Charlie!!

Atlanta-bound and thirsty

Last edited by GwinnettFF; Apr 19, 2009 at 11:39 am Reason: correct sentence structure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.