Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Paid Upgrades on NW flying to/from Hawaiʻi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid Upgrades on NW flying to/from Hawaiʻi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by slippahs
Reports here indicate that a Plat flying to/from the West Coast pays $175. The non-elite rate is $250, IIRC. Probably not worth it, but that's very subjective. Doesn't earn EQM bonus from the upgrade so not worth it to me.
They're discounting DoD for plats? I've only done it once, HNL-MSP, and paid the full $350 (at the HNL WC, ~4 hours before flight time)... should I have haggled?

(Yeah, they most certainly will offer DoD upgrades MSP-HNL and vice versa. And they seem to have no problem finding people to buy them!)
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:56 pm

first class option msp-hnl

This is my first post and looking for help. I am looking to travel to hawaii in November and looking for the best way to find a first class seat, either upgrading or finding a discount place.

Given that I am a silver elite on NWA, does that help me find special rate to upgrade from, etc... Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:06 pm

Basically, the only benefit you'll get with SE is the ability to upgrade from T fares (if they are available), that will save you some. In theory a SE has greater view of upgrades, in practice you really need to be a Gold or Plat.

Search on "HNL" and "Hawaii". Also see this thread for paid upgrades:

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700326 (Hard to find thread for newbies)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.