Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

DJ: NW and FA's make tentative deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND

details to follow. What do ya know, finally^
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
met NWs demand for 195 mil in cuts, no details revealed. Has to be voted on by the rank and file, ut oh
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:00 am

Link:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...426029/0/ENT03
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:12 am

Programs: SkyMiles, NCR Emerald; Hilton Gold VIP
Official AFA release:
http://www.nwaafa.org/aefiles/042607...%20TA%20NR.pdf
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
NWAAFA needed to do this asap. They lost all court battles so far with no hope on that front for a while plus $182 million at stake.

The FAs still have to vote and we will soon find out how they feel about this new aggrement.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: NW WP (never an elite)
Why did they do it? Cause the legal system turned against them at every point, and they were in a corner with no other options. This way, FA's will get $15,000+ each in bankruptcy claims, vs. nothing if they wait any longer. While I empathize with an d support their position, everyone has given them a big fat "no" and this is the only way to salvage anything (that I see) in the current union-busting environment.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by shedwannabe
Why did they do it? Cause the legal system turned against them at every point, and they were in a corner with no other options. This way, FA's will get $15,000+ each in bankruptcy claims, vs. nothing if they wait any longer. While I empathize with an d support their position, everyone has given them a big fat "no" and this is the only way to salvage anything (that I see) in the current union-busting environment.
Since NWA is already in Chapter 11 I dont believe these would be considered claims, I believe the court would allow them to pay these new debts in full just like any other new debt incurred after the original filing
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by socrates
Since NWA is already in Chapter 11 I dont believe these would be considered claims, I believe the court would allow them to pay these new debts in full just like any other new debt incurred after the original filing
They are claims. Currently selling in the open market for around 70 cents on the dollar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.