FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nordic Region (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/nordic-region-482/)
-   -   Copenhagen recommendations (hotel, transport).. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/nordic-region/1690821-copenhagen-recommendations-hotel-transport.html)

brewdog11 Mar 3, 2016 10:00 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer (Post 26276600)
By April they should have the automated pasport control up and running - valid only for EU pasports. How that would affect the "personal" non-EU pasport control is an unknown. But I not be too worried. As stated above max 10min wait.

Where are you arriving from? If inside Schengen - you have already cleared immigration at your Schengen entry point and thus do not need to be concerned about this at CPH. The bottle neck is the bagage.

I am arriving from the UK, so I'm assuming that I'll have to clear passport control. Good to know they are quick!

stut Mar 3, 2016 10:34 am

Yeah, you go through immigration coming from London. Don't know which of the 5 airlines on this route you're flying with - easyJet and Ryanair use the low-cost F-pier, which can mean a bit of a wait if you're unlucky and at the back of the queue of a couple of flights coming in to the small checkpoint there. On the plus side, it's mainly A319s and 737s and few non-EU passengers. There is a very long walk to the arrivals hall!

BA, SAS and Norwegian use the more civilised C and D-piers. The biggest delay here is if you're in just after a long haul of mainly non-EU passengers.

Either way, you normally end up in the luggage hall as it still says "15 minutes to delivery" (which turns out to be 10). Try a Steff Houlberg pølse while you're waiting...

ksandness Mar 8, 2016 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by frankmu (Post 25251694)
All this talk of seediness in Scandinavian cities. How bad is it? I've been to Detroit, Michigan, is it that level of seediness?

Not even close!

I'm a budget traveler who stayed at Cabinn City, and I was at that point in my trip where the laundry situation was getting desperate. I headed for the nearest laundromat and soon realized that I was walking through a red light district. Well, it was daytime, and I saw no street activity, so I assume that all the ladies and gentlemen of the night were sleeping. The walk was amusing ("I guess I'm really in Denmark") rather than frightening.

I had trouble figuring out the machines, and a non-Danish voice behind me asked if I needed help. I turned to see a group of women who introduced themselves as the Zimbabwe Women's BMX Team, attending the World BMX Championships. They had brought their children along, so they had become regular customers at the laundromat.

One of those unexpected encounters that makes travel so much fun.

mandolino Mar 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Istedgade is quite trendy these days but still hosts scattered "red light district" activities.

Have been propositioned once or twice by working girls while walking along there but not too annoyingly.

To the person looking for somewhere to go after 9:30pm near the station, I recommend "Neighbourhood" organic pizza restaurant on Istedgade with "artisan" beer and all that guff.

Run by beard & bun hipster crowd but perfectly agreeable to solo 60-something me.

Neighbourhood

Nice atmosphere and food.