Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO
Reload this Page >

Does Citi Prestige or Chase Saphire Rsv protect you at all if AirBnB host cancels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Citi Prestige or Chase Saphire Rsv protect you at all if AirBnB host cancels?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime

I've had two good stays at AirBnB's over the last few years, but am now considered a nice looking place where there aren't any reviews. Host seems to have been a guest at other places, with solid reviews.

So my concern is that if they cancel for any reason (trip is 6 weeks out) would the credit card insurance provide any protection? Anyone ever tried that?

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Anyone able to confirm?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I've had two good stays at AirBnB's over the last few years, but am now considered a nice looking place where there aren't any reviews. Host seems to have been a guest at other places, with solid reviews.

So my concern is that if they cancel for any reason (trip is 6 weeks out) would the credit card insurance provide any protection? Anyone ever tried that?

Thanks
no and very few specific trip insurances will either. Airbnb will help you
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:10 pm

In my experience, Airbnb is of limited help. When faced with a late cancellation for a trip last month, was offered a refund or credit. At 48 hours to outbound flight, there were not many alternatives available, other than to book with one of Airbnb's "super hosts" at a cost of $450 more. After back and forth with Airbnb customer service, they offered nothing to compensate for the higher cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.