Search

Sunday Brunch Suggestions in New York

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2004, 6:27 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Sunday Brunch Suggestions in New York

Any ideas? Meeting some friends the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'm a Mon to Fri city person, so Sunday Brunch is not something I have a clue about. Probably midtown area.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:35 pm

Try Metropolitan Cafe
1st and 52nd

I was there a few months ago and the brunch was very good.

Heres a link with menu:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantd...taurantid=3331
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:44 pm

I hear Balthazar is good for brunch. Location is not what you are looking for though. Location is 80 Spring St.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:55 pm
Commander Catcop

Cordelli... one of your favorite restaurants in NYC. West Bank Cafe, also offers a Sunday brunch from 11:30a-3p. I have not had it but a few friends who've dined for brunch says it's creative and very good.

There is another place that is NOT in Midtown but it's an easy train ride on the #1 to the Village.

Sazarac House: http://www.sazerachouse.com/

Sazarac hosted the brunches for Catman DO TWO and Trois. It's very good

If you are looking for Tea: Tea and Sympathy. Great food there as well.

Last edited by Catman; Nov 16, 2004 at 8:00 pm
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Leave midtown and go to Jane!

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil...k_ny/jane.html

One of the best brunches in the city. Several of my friends who have brunched everywhere consider it to be the best. I highly recommend.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:11 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
It has been awhile since I have had Sunday Brunch in the Big Apple. However, I believe that there was a Sunday Brunch at Cafe Botanica in the Essex House Hotel in Central Park South; the Halcyon in the Rihga Royal also used to have a fairly lavish Sunday brunch.

It is a shame that the Peacock Alley in the Waldorf=Astoria no longer serves Sunday brunch............
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:59 am

I've heard raves about Norma's on W. 57th St. It's in one of the large hotels, but I don't remember which one. Balthazar is also good but go early... and it's quite a noisy place. There's always Dim Sum in Chinatown... Golden Unicorn etc. etc. If you're on the UES, both the Mark Hotel and Sarbeth's Kitchen at E. 92nd and Madison are fine.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:34 am

My favorite hands down is The River Cafe. It sits on an old barg and is located under the Brooklyn Bridge across from the city. Fantastic view along with great food and service. Also very classy.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm a midtown girl so I'll share with you places I enjoy. As already said by ljp99, Metropolitan Cafe is great. I also like Brasserie (yup, the very same one on 53rd b/w Park & Lex). I was at Brasserie last Sunday and it was just marvelous. I also enjoy Randolph's at the Warwick.

What I like about all three besides the good food is that you are not rushed at all. You can enjoy a nice long leisurely brunch and in all three, the service is quite good.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:51 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I believe Norma's is in the Parker Meridien?

Originally Posted by zuriga
I've heard raves about Norma's on W. 57th St. It's in one of the large hotels, but I don't remember which one. Balthazar is also good but go early... and it's quite a noisy place. There's always Dim Sum in Chinatown... Golden Unicorn etc. etc. If you're on the UES, both the Mark Hotel and Sarbeth's Kitchen at E. 92nd and Madison are fine.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by luxury
I believe Norma's is in the Parker Meridien?
Yes. Guests can book tables in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:36 pm

Programs: CO; UA; Delta; Hilton Gold; SPG
The Best Brunch EVER!

While it's not in Mid-Town, I promise you the best brunch you'll ever have is at Pastis on 9th Ave and the corner of Little West 12th St.

Prices are more than reasonable; the food is great; and sometimes you can even do some star-watching. The last time I was there, I ran into Julianne Moore who was on her way out. Nice woman...
Old Nov 20, 2004, 2:10 pm

Cafe des Artistes - a really great brunch location - dark, soft lit with beautiful William Chandler murals.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:41 pm

Programs: United, Continental, Marriott
My hands down favorite place to eat is Good at 89 Greenwich Avenue. I lived in NYC for a number of years in the Village and this was my mainstay.

http://www.goodrestaurantnyc.com/?
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Flyer26
Cafe des Artistes - a really great brunch location - dark, soft lit with beautiful William Chandler murals.
Cannot vouch for its brunch, but what a delightful place to dine. Had a quiet, romantic dinner there last time I was in NYC. The setting lwas ovely, the food excellect and the service attentive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.