Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in NYC December 3, 2011

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Hotels in NYC December 3, 2011

Looking to spend a Saturday evening in the city with my family. Many hotels have no availability the night of December 3. Are hotels really booked full this far in advanced? Are these possibly group bookings that will be released?

Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Considering it's only 6 weeks from now, I wouldn't be surprised. December does does get a lot of pre-holiday visitors, making rooms right.

I am not speaking from experience, but know that yours, and similar questions on December hotel rates do frequently come up in this forum.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:16 pm

Get a rate you can cancel and check a week before for a better deal.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Get a rate you can cancel and check a week before for a better deal.
Yup. That's what I did. Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jonu
Looking to spend a Saturday evening in the city with my family. Many hotels have no availability the night of December 3. Are hotels really booked full this far in advanced?
They sure are. The first weekend in December will be the first weekend after the Rockefeller Center Tree is lit. Tourists galore. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we are filled with tourists.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:05 pm

Dec 3 for a one-night stay? My understanding is some hotels don't like to offer one-night reservations on busy weekends. Would rather save that inventory for fri/sat night stay.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikensf74
Dec 3 for a one-night stay? My understanding is some hotels don't like to offer one-night reservations on busy weekends. Would rather save that inventory for fri/sat night stay.
That's it! Going back and checking, many of these Hiltons won't do Saturday night alone - must be connected to a Friday or Sunday. I'll just keep checking with my Westin reservation in reserve. Thanks, all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.