Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MEM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Cars at MEM

I'm surprised that I can't find a page for Memphis car selection, so I'll throw in the first observation.

Tuesday morning (27-Oct-2009) I observed in ES:
  • several Toyota Siennas
  • Lincoln Town Car
  • Chevy Malibu

It was POURING rain, so if there was anything else I may have missed it, but the ES and EA aisles were mostly empty. I took the Malibu and was plenty pleased with it.

Over in EA I observed a Chevy HHR and a Saturn Aura. Again, the torrential downpour prevented further investigation.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I'm surprised that I can't find a page for Memphis car selection, so I'll throw in the first observation.

Tuesday morning (27-Oct-2009) I observed in ES:
  • several Toyota Siennas
  • Lincoln Town Car
  • Chevy Malibu

It was POURING rain, so if there was anything else I may have missed it, but the ES and EA aisles were mostly empty. I took the Malibu and was plenty pleased with it.

Over in EA I observed a Chevy HHR and a Saturn Aura. Again, the torrential downpour prevented further investigation.
There is an existing thread on MEM: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...em-lately.html

thank you for sharing the list. I also visited MEM recently and the EA/ES was totally empty. I had to wait till they brought in cars and I found an Impala as my only selection
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by noirpepper
There is an existing thread on MEM: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...em-lately.html
I took a look at the referenced thread and found it to be quite old and rather unspecific information - so I decided to lock that thread. Therefore, please continue posting experiences (and questions) about the MEM location here in this thread.

Thanks!!

peteropny - moderator - National
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:40 pm

MEM Cars lately

Emerald Aisle - HHRs, One Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Impalas, Malibus, Chevy Colorado

Executive Selection - Ford Edge, Grand Marquis, Chrysler 300, Jeep Commander, Town Car, Impala, Malibu, Kia SUVs
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, National EC, Choice Hotels, Priority Club
7/25

Wash line was full of returns from the weekend this afternoon. Anyone walking out into the lot had their choice between an Impala, an Impala, or an Impala. I was returning and the check-in clerk said "Oh, yay, another Impala!" very tongue-in-cheek.

I saw, believe it or not, a bunch of Aveos and Cobalts sitting out front! There were people waiting for cars as a result. A 2011 Grand Caravan came out of the wash line and was quickly claimed up, as was a new Charger and a Crown Vic. My ride came to pick me up in a Fusion and someone asked if they could have it. <LOL>

Of additional note in the wash line was a new Grand Cherokee, an F-150 crew cab, a Mitsubishi Endeavor, a Cadillac DTS, and what looked like a Subaru Tribeca but was probably a Hyundai SUV.

We like our big cars in Memphis...
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
ES last night had a new 2012 VW Jetta. 8 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Mostly Impalibu's, mini-vans and a few trucks in the lot Monday morning. This all didn't matter as I immediately noticed a 2012 LOADED (and I mean loaded) Buick Lucerne. It had Cali plates, nav, power/heated/electronic everything, 11k miles, looked brand new. I'm going to be doing this lot a disservice by returning it to a very small station at PAH (Paducah) Thursday morning. Maybe it'll still be there when I come back to it in a few weeks
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:17 pm

A week ago Tuesday, apparently it was Elvis week, so everything was a bit nuts. Got to the lot, there were five cars total. I didn't like any of them, so I went to see what was getting cleaned. Nothing in the return aisles, so I turned around. Four of the five cars gone. Only car left on the entire lot was a Dodge Caravan with 25k miles, I jumped in it before I found myself walking.

Other cars that were taken as I got there:

1 HHR
1 Expedition
1 Elantra
2 more Caravans
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:28 pm

An HHR???? Wasn't 2010 the last model year for those?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
An HHR???? Wasn't 2010 the last model year for those?
2011 was. I've seen a few still around, but with the last one assembled in May 2011, it won't be long till they are gone.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:16 pm

I've actually seen a number of HHR's still in the EAN storage/service lot by MSP when I've driven by recently. I assumed those were reserved for those luxurious Enterprise neighborhood station rentals.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
This afternoon (10/15/12)
-A dozen or more vans
-Dodge Challenger
-Plenty of Impalas
-Altima Coupe
-Some mid-sized Jeeps
-Buick Enclave
-A few Dodge Chargers

Up by the office they had a Lincoln MKS, a couple Camaros, and a couple Mustangs.

I had a premium res, and of course there "weren't any available," so I was told to take something off ES/EA. I despise this location a little more every time I'm here.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:45 pm

I was at the MEM location back in June. The Exec Aisle had 2 Tahoes, 2 Suburbans, 2 Expeditions, a few Grand Caravans and several Altimas and Chargers.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:29 pm

Mem 12/27/12

Picked up a car from the EA shortly before noon on Thrusday 12/27 - extremely limited selection, exactly 6 cars:

Chevy Silverado
Chevy Impala
Toyota Camry
Jeep Wrangler
Hyundai Santa Fe
Ford Fusion Hybrid

I took the Fusion Hybrid with temporary tags -- had an issue with the windows at checkout as they had frozen shut since the car was not dried after it was washed; aside from that, I feel I easily got the best car in the very limited lot, when I returned on Sunday evening, there were at least 3x the cars as there were on Thursday but I didn't note the models except that there were at least 4 or 5 small SUVs.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
1/29
ES:
-1X Town Car (GA) (2011 with 40K)
-1X Avalon (IL)
-1X Sonata (TN)
-1X Passat (TN)
-2X Equinox
-1X Captiva (GA)
-3X Impala

EA:
-1X 2013 Malibu (TN)
-1X 2013 Mustang GT Coupe (TN) (yeah kinda a hard one to pass up)
-1X Accord (TN)
-1X Impala (TN)
-3X 2012 Malibu
-1X Fusion SEL (NM) (2012)

So after walking up and down the aisles, contemplating an Avalon with 22K, I stumble across the big black beauty! I thought it was rather odd for it to be on the standard emerald aisle but it's about as stripped as one could possibly get with cloth, no sunroof, basic necessities and around 4300 miles. After doing some thinking and how the client probably won't see it, I jumped at the chance to pick the car up and see exactly what it can do! (Cool thing though too is how the first key I tried came up with the MyKey limit crap, the second key attached to the ring was apparently the master since no message popped up!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.