Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

First EA rental soon. When do I note any damages?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

I have read through the forums and the emerald club site, but can't really find an answer to this. Maybe I am missing something, or its just too simple...

The instructions say to walk to emerald aisle, pick a car, and drive to the booth where I present my EC card, credit card, and drivers license.

When do I got over any existing damages with them?

Is there a card I mark damages on already in the car?

In my past rental experiences I would walk around the car with a person that works there and go over the prior damages.

Just curious....and I love this site!
Old May 29, 2009, 11:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
At the booth, just have them make note of any damages you see. Don't be like the guy in San Francisco in front of me last Saturday, who decided to go over the car when he got to the booth for five minutes holding up the line, not seeing anything.
Old May 30, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Ideally, you would pick a damage free car. If the selection is slim and you have no choice the booth would be the place to do so. National has not yet adopted the interrogation level of Enterprise so there really should be no trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.