Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Report- 2009 Mazda 6i Sport

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Ride Report- 2009 Mazda 6i Sport

I spotted this lone Mazda on the ES; good thing I started walking towards it first, because I noticed someone else making a beeline straight to my Mazda. FYI, the Aux Input is in the armrest compartment; the spare key is in there too. Surprisingly, this car came equipped with the car manual (in the glove compartment).

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...rameter=mazda6
MSRP of the model I drove ~ $22K

General Observations: Cloth interior, I believe it's the iSport model, because it has the AUX input, steering wheel mounted audio + cruise controls, keyless entry. Has the 5 speed automatic with manual shift mode. However, manual seat adjust.

Engine: Unfortunately, it's equipped with only the 170 hp 2.5L, 16-valve with VVT- 4 cylinder engine, however, since it was just myself with one other passenger and very little luggage, it was peppy enough. The engine is rated for 21/30, and I average 29 mpg with AC on in a mix of city and highway driving.

Interior: Excellent driving position, I liked the easy-to-read display gauge and clusters; the colors in the gauges were selected well. Cloth seats were comfortable, could use more thigh support though; trunk had a low opening though. Some of the "chrome" vents looked a little cheap, since they are just painted plastic. There was quite a bit of headroom- I'm 6'1", and that was a nice surprise.

Overall: Mazda's motto is "Zoom zoom" and it's a fun full-sized car to drive. Handles well, delivers decent fuel economy. Could use a little more oomph though.

Last edited by drzoidberg; May 30, 2009 at 7:14 pm
Old May 30, 2009, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I like the new look of the Mazda 6; the front wheels have the flared wells of the RX-8, and it looks aggressive and sporty.

Driver's seat view:

Passenger seat view:

Front View:
Old May 31, 2009, 4:13 pm

thanks, OP.

I also picked up a 2009 Mazda 6 (don't' know the trim) on my PDX-SFO on my one way rental, it was a very nice car; surprisingly big in almost every way, interior, trunk (appears bigger than any Japanese sedan including Avalon, perfect for tax free shopping in OR ), tank (18.5G, one fillup at Rosenberg, then through Crater Lake NP all the way to SFO), but you don't feel the size when driving. Good job, Mazda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.