Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

EHI Terminating National/Alamo Franchise Agreements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EHI Terminating National/Alamo Franchise Agreements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:41 am

Another big pro: Participating in an interchangeable nationwide fleet. This allows more flexibility for one-ways and breakdown exchanges.
AutoSlash, SoroSuub1 and ginmqi like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
so it seems like it is better overall for them to switch to corporate, but, would they also see an increase in customers once corporate?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:03 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Joonydell
so it seems like it is better overall for them to switch to corporate, but, would they also see an increase in customers once corporate?
It's possible, but that probably has more to do with how aggressive EHI wants to be with the rates. Even before they were corporate they had the same distribution channels (Alamo.com, Nationalcar.com, OTAs like Expedia, Priceline, Carrentals.com, Rentalcars.com and a thousand other sites, etc.). They might see a bit of incremental business since they probably now support one-way rentals to/from more locations, but that will probably be only a small increase.
Auto Enthusiast and Joonydell like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Interesting thread. Anyone know if MKE is still a franchise? I rented a couple of times years ago, and decided never to do it again there because the cars and service were terrible. I love MKE airport but the National location there was the pits.
Old May 30, 2021, 9:13 pm
Original Member

We rented at Houghton, MI in October 2019, it was apparently at that time a corporate location (the counter clerk meets the two EAS flights/day ...as soon as we got our car after the e evening flight he shut off the lights and left behind us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.