FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   National website broken? Not deducting coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/1847456-national-website-broken-not-deducting-coupons.html)

jackal Jun 11, 2017 1:18 am

National website broken? Not deducting coupons

Had a bit of a scare today when reviewing an upcoming reservation and the price had jumped about $35. I called National to see what changed and the automated system and agent both confirmed that they were seeing the lower price.

I then went to check out another reservation and same thing. And another--they all were the same.

I then made a test booking to see what happened and everything confirmed correctly, and I received a confirmation email with the correct price. When I re-opened the reservation on the website to cancel it, sure enough, the price had jumped up, but the phone system confirmed the lower price.

I did some more testing and it seems that the issue is that the website is not reflecting the discount applied by coupons. If I book a reservation with a contract ID only, there's no discrepancy. If I book with a coupon, though, when retrieving the reservation, the coupon doesn't get deducted, and the price shows higher.

It seems to only be an issue with the website, though, not the actual reservation system, because the phone system and phone agents both confirm the lower rate.

For grins and giggles, I went to check on one of my Alamo reservations and same thing. So it seems to be a systemwide issue between both Alamo and National. (Not Enterprise, though, as they don't use coupons and their back-end system might be different anyway.)

Anyone else seeing this? Quite annoying. It'd be nice if they could fix it.

AutoSlash Jun 11, 2017 5:43 am

This is something that seems to have broken in the last few days as I happened to check a reservation early in the week and it looked fine, and now the same reservation is showing the rate without the coupon amount deducted.

Since you also reported the problem with Alamo, I did a test reservation there with a coupon, and sure enough, when I viewed the reservation online, it was higher than the amount in my email confirmation. I then called Alamo's reservation line and the rep confirmed to me that the amount shown on my email confirmation was correct. He was at a loss as to why Alamo.com showed a higher rate.

Clearly, they broke something with their most recent release. Hopefully they will get it resolved soon, otherwise, their call center is going to be swamped with customers wondering why their rate is significantly higher than quoted.

Twixboy Jun 12, 2017 12:42 pm

This happens to me all the time. I called up National the first time I saw this and they said their system doesn't always show the correct invoice amount on previously booked reservations if I applied a coupon, but as long as I have the original email confirmation I will be fine.

GreeNYC Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Customer Service is not the right place to complain about this issue, as long as everything looks proper at their end they don't care much on how it appears on the customers window, you need to talk to someone in their tech. department about this.

ANC RED-EYE Jun 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Interesting. I had just noticed the same for the first time over the weekend - I definitely had never seen that before, and was pretty annoyed - to the point of looking at other options for the rental given the pretty significant difference in price without the coupon.

Glad I came to FT for the answer before I acted! Thanks to the information in this thread, I called and confirmed the rate I had reserved at - both via the automated system as well as with the agent.

Hopefully they get this fixed - seems many others will likely act as I did and consider switching their reservations...clearly that's bad for business.

AutoSlash Jun 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Yeah I know Twixboy said this has happened before, but we haven't seen anything like it in at least the last few years or so. They definitely broke something recently.

NCLSEA123 Jun 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Yeah, my 3 day one way full-size SUV rental from CID-ATW shows north of $1250.00. ($450 a day/Max Daily Rate). Of course I'm an EE and used free days. I'm sure they'll fix it eventually. Checked on the app, and that shows the correct price.

UCSBCHRIS2002 Jun 13, 2017 10:17 am

Unable to use any coupon on National Website

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this but I am unable to apply any coupon code when making a reservation online. I have tried for the past couple days and it doesn't work. I tried a variety of different locations and dates and they all come back with an error when I try to use them. For the reservation I am trying to make, I know I can use this particular code so something is wrong with the website.

AutoSlash Jun 13, 2017 10:26 am

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002 (Post 28437197)
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this but I am unable to apply any coupon code when making a reservation online. I have tried for the past couple days and it doesn't work. I tried a variety of different locations and dates and they all come back with an error when I try to use them. For the reservation I am trying to make, I know I can use this particular code so something is wrong with the website.

What coupon are you trying to apply? Note that sometimes coupons are blacked out for holiday periods. In some locations, the entire summer season could be blacked out.

UCSBCHRIS2002 Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash (Post 28437233)
What coupon are you trying to apply? Note that sometimes coupons are blacked out for holiday periods. In some locations, the entire summer season could be blacked out.

Its the $20 off a weekend per the specials page on National Site. ND9364SZA

Looks like Denver Airport location is not accepting it for July Rentals and SFO is not accepting. Get these errors:
1. Capacity Check - Coupon is not available

2. We're sorry, but this coupon isn't currently accepted at the location you selected. Please choose a different location, or adjust your date and/or time selections to continue.

I used these for bookings in June with this same code and no issues. All of a sudden this starting to show up.

AutoSlash Jun 13, 2017 11:32 am

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002 (Post 28437366)
Its the $20 off a weekend per the specials page on National Site. ND9364SZA

Looks like Denver Airport location is not accepting it for July Rentals and SFO is not accepting. Get these errors:
1. Capacity Check - Coupon is not available

2. We're sorry, but this coupon isn't currently accepted at the location you selected. Please choose a different location, or adjust your date and/or time selections to continue.

I used these for bookings in June with this same code and no issues. All of a sudden this starting to show up.

Yeah try it in PHL for example and you'll see it still works.

GreeNYC Jun 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Looks like the issue has been resolved.

drwbridge Jul 7, 2017 12:42 pm

New website?

I've seen this issue a couple of times with coupons and "capacity" issues. They seem to go away after awhile or if I look up the reservation on the National app.

It looks like there may be a new National site in Ireland (found this: www.nationalcar.ie). Hopefully they'll be making improvements to the nationalcar.com soon!

newfbc Jul 8, 2017 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by drwbridge (Post 28531963)
I've seen this issue a couple of times with coupons and "capacity" issues. They seem to go away after awhile or if I look up the reservation on the National app.

It looks like there may be a new National site in Ireland (found this: www.nationalcar.ie). Hopefully they'll be making improvements to the nationalcar.com soon!

Hope not! :)

Tried a dummy booking on the Ireland site.. got this message:
"Error We're sorry, but we're temporarily unable to provide reservation prices online. Please try again soon or call us for further assistance."

Ron.

bedeve Jul 9, 2017 5:37 am

New website format

It looks like there may be a new National site in Ireland www.nationalcar.ie).

From this morning that website is active
Like its sister in France www.nationalcar.fr

To bring it on topic ; these new websites do not accept coupon codes.
The Contract-ID got a new name : Acoount number

When booking on Nationalcar.com use this coupon code NDA2324BR