Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
How does Enterprise Plus work? Seems like you get 1 point (2 with the bonus) per dollar spent but how many points per redemption? Is redemption fixed number of points per day or dynamic pricing?

With National, I really like the free class upgrade benefit of being Executive. I always reserve Premium at my local branch and always end up with a luxury sedan or a larger SUV. Enterprise seems to lack this benefit.

Last edited by xienon; Aug 21, 2020 at 11:36 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xienon
How does Enterprise Plus work? Seems like you get 1 point (2 with the bonus) per dollar spent but how many points per redemption? Is redemption fixed number of points per day or dynamic pricing?

With National, I really like the free class upgrade benefit of being Executive. I always reserve Premium at my local branch and always end up with a luxury or a larger SUV. Enterprise seems to lack this benefit.
1 point per dollar spend. Higher status earns points faster.
Redemption is a fix flat rate in my experience - not sure if that has changed now.
Rare upgrades with Enterprise.
xienon likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by xienon

With National, I really like the free class upgrade benefit of being Executive. I always reserve Premium at my local branch and always end up with a luxury sedan or a larger SUV. Enterprise seems to lack this benefit.
Best use of National free days is on either one way rentals or rentals when the rental price is prohibitively high for some reason.

Enterprise Plus program - free rental days "start at 600 points" but vary depending on location or parameters of the reservation you have. So, a flexible priced rewards program. Meaning if you try to redeem for a one way rental or when rental rates are prohibitively high you will have to pay more in points.

Upgrades are metered. If you are "silver 6-11 rentals" you get one free upgrade per "program year" - "gold 12 rentals or 40 days" you get two free upgrades per program year- "platinum 24 rentals or 85 days you get four free upgrades per program year.

National's program seems a lot more generous than this to me. I suppose the Enterprise Plus may work for some people. I am not sure who. Maybe it works better for big spenders (as if they have the time or patience to deal with Enterprise's slow process).
Old Aug 23, 2020, 1:25 pm

A decade ago, I did join Enterprise Plus. I see in my Inbox: 10 days later, I received a 15% code off weekly.

I need an 8-day rental that starts a week from now. Any strategy to get 15% off?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Best use of National free days is on either one way rentals or rentals when the rental price is prohibitively high for some reason.

Enterprise Plus program - free rental days "start at 600 points" but vary depending on location or parameters of the reservation you have. So, a flexible priced rewards program. Meaning if you try to redeem for a one way rental or when rental rates are prohibitively high you will have to pay more in points.

Upgrades are metered. If you are "silver 6-11 rentals" you get one free upgrade per "program year" - "gold 12 rentals or 40 days" you get two free upgrades per program year- "platinum 24 rentals or 85 days you get four free upgrades per program year.

National's program seems a lot more generous than this to me. I suppose the Enterprise Plus may work for some people. I am not sure who. Maybe it works better for big spenders (as if they have the time or patience to deal with Enterprise's slow process).
Ahh, sounds like the Hertz program then, which I've tried like hell to avoid. Corp policy was Hertz as highest recommended, but the price comps have been about the same so I've been able to avoid switching so far.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:54 pm

As stated previously in thread, use of National's free days shines where you've rack them up paying a much lower daily rate for use when things are higher. That or one way rentals....

Normally rack up National rental credits during off peak times of year when rates are far lower, especially from some Enterprise locations. Will use those accrued free days for peak travel rentals such as summer, weekends and major holidays.

Right now National's rates are insane for my area, so only am renting when necessary because there isn't going to be much of a savings even when free days are awarded. This summer you're hard pressed to find anything in NYC metro area for < $100 day, and weekends are even worse. These are same rates National busts out with during peak winter holiday season.

Ideally like to use my free days so a rental will cost me nothing, or if decide to pay for at least one day (to get credit) still am out of pocket very little money.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by duxfan
What makes you say that? Usually it launches at the end of August with little advance notice. Because demand is down, I would think their cost exposure (in free days awarded) is going to be lower. And even a leisure traveler has an incentive to rent again when there's a program like 1-2-Free. A lot of hotels are running "Stay twice, get a free night" promos now. As someone still renting weekly, I'd be very disappointed if 1-2-Free doesn't come out this year.
End of month is next Tuesday (31 August) and by now there usually is some buzz or press release about OTF promotion. So far am hearing nothing but crickets, and that does not bode well.

Considering National extended use of previously awarded OTF coupons until end of year, that gives you an idea where their heads are at.

Demand for car rental (at least from business related end) actually got a bit of boost during pandemic as WFH and others needed vehicles. https://www.accountingtoday.com/news...als-and-travel

But inventory is still very tight at most National locations, and that coupled with high rates might be turning off some renters. It does no good to launch a promotion to increase rentals when places don't have inventory, hours are reduced and or some locations closed all together.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
But inventory is still very tight at most National locations, and that coupled with high rates might be turning off some renters. It does no good to launch a promotion to increase rentals when places don't have inventory, hours are reduced and or some locations closed all together.
inventory wouldn't be tight if high prices really were turning off renters, as you say. EHI is running the usual promotion on the Enterprise side. The fleet is a shared fleet across all three brands now. The little green E is gone as there is no longer a dedicated Enterprise fleet. I assume an insurance rental isn't eligible for their promo. It's apparent that 1-2-Free is dead this year. Disappointing that EHI won't confirm or deny it. For those of you paying higher rates, a promo might make it more palatable. I'm on a corporate contract, I haven't seen a price change yet.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by duxfan
inventory wouldn't be tight if high prices really were turning off renters, as you say. EHI is running the usual promotion on the Enterprise side. The fleet is a shared fleet across all three brands now. The little green E is gone as there is no longer a dedicated Enterprise fleet. I assume an insurance rental isn't eligible for their promo. It's apparent that 1-2-Free is dead this year. Disappointing that EHI won't confirm or deny it. For those of you paying higher rates, a promo might make it more palatable. I'm on a corporate contract, I haven't seen a price change yet.
It's possible they'll do a shortened version once the summer leisure travel dies down. NationalCares , our favorite CS rep, do you have anything to add?
Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm starting to travel a little bit again... No one-two-free yet I guess? I actually have 4 vouchers from the one-two-free 2019 that I still have to use, so not really complaining...
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:53 pm

I haven't seen anything, but wouldn't expect it. I still have 16 OneTwo Free coupons to use before Dec 31st.

I like to use these in single day increments as it can trigger a credit towards a standard free day. My problem is the local Enterprise office that doubled as a National branch has closed. I have some Enterprise branches within 30 minutes of me, but it's an hour to the closest National location now.

This year you can also redeem the free days at Enterprise https://www.nationalcar.com/en/car-r...nterprise.html ... I guess I'll be getting to know the team at the closest Enterprise office
Auto Enthusiast and iluvdoco like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I know when you make a reservation you can't combine 12F days and normal free days. Any luck doing this post rental? What I mean by that is using three 12F coupons and paying for whatever days you want. Then call and apply your free days later to get a refund?

I know with standard paid rentals you can do this, in that after the rental they can apply the free days and credit your CC the difference. Curious about if this can happen with 12F rentals...
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 8:02 am

Are any of these big?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/enter...n-all-rentals/

‘plus your points promotion’. From now until January 31st, 2021 you will earn double points on all rentals. You can also get some free points
  • 20 Free Points for Registering for the promotion
  • 75 Points for taking a short survey
  • 50 Points for clicking a link and visiting a page about Enterprise Car Sales
  • 50 Points for visiting a page about their magazine
  • 2x Points on all rentals will 1/31/2021
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I know when you make a reservation you can't combine 12F days and normal free days. Any luck doing this post rental? What I mean by that is using three 12F coupons and paying for whatever days you want. Then call and apply your free days later to get a refund?

I know with standard paid rentals you can do this, in that after the rental they can apply the free days and credit your CC the difference. Curious about if this can happen with 12F rentals...
Only answer can give you is "it depends...".

If location where rental originates (and maybe terminates if one way) accepts coupons for promotions, then *maybe* you can combine 12F and earned free days later. But in locations that do not accept promotions (such as 12F and or other coupons), then don't believe it is possible. I've tried at least for NYC locations and every year am turned down.

Has something to do with one being a promotion and other earned rewards, don't ask me why or what.... Do know many places do have restrictions on combining promotional offers with other things, so that could be clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.