FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   The Status Match Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/9558-status-match-master-thread.html)

amenachem Jul 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by dgwright99 (Post 10060040)
But they matched to Plantinum !

It has generally been reported that NW would only match up to 2nd tier.

So, that at least is a consolation for amenachem, and definitely a double reason for me to hold off until much later in the year when I hit UA 1k, and may hope to get the match thru 2/2010.

It just shows that you can't believe everything you read... :) (also the part about July giving to 2/2010 was erroneous...)

So, yes, it is nice to have the extra 25% miles and NW upgrades 5 days out - but there is very little chance that I will be Plat in 2010.

Now I have to figure out who to try and get to Gold with. I can't credit both Delta and Northwest for my ST flights. On the other hand, if the merger goes through - would they combine the EQMs/MQMs? I would tend to doubt that...

I will probably go with DL only because I already have about 5K MQMs with them and there's a good chance that I'll get another 10K with the Skymiles AMEX (which saved me last year and propelled me into Gold).

Problems, problems... ;)

Cheers!

AVIZ Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm

AA/CO to Delta?

Hi All!

I currently have AA Plat (Equiv to DL Gold) and CO Plat (Equiv to DL Plat) status and am looking to get a Delta Status Match.

Can you please tell me..

1) What is the highest status they will give me?

2) How do I go about getting the status matched?

3) How long will the status be good for?

4) If I would match CO to United and then United to Delta would I have a better shot at getting DL Plat?

Thanks!

PTahCha Jul 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Ua -> Co

Have UA Prem Exec status. e-mailed the requested documents over, and they reponded within 2 days and matched to Gold. ^

Unfortunately, just received the card today, and it's good through 2/09. :(

But they did give me 4 drink coupons. ^

moman Jul 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Aa -> Us

Yeah I'm crazy and hoping to get to fly AA for work, but with their cutbacks US has a better schedule. How do I get a status match from AA Plat to US something?

garycal Jul 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by tripledip (Post 10057287)
I know I know, I should do the research and find this info myself, but there are 100 pages to go thru, and I've got an upcoming flight on AA, and it's 95 degrees and humid outside.

I'm Prem Exec on UA, is there a # to call to get them to bump my status from a total Zero on AA to a somebody?

I'm Premier Exec on UA, but when they killed the 500 mile minimum, I switched all my travel to AA. I called and asked about a status match and was told "we don't do that anymore, that has been replaced with the challenge program". Now I'm sure if I flew 250,000 BIS miles last year they would still status match, but it seems for United Premier Executive status, its a no-go.

The good thing, though, is that you get gold status with only 5,000 points (not miles, points), so I was able to do it in P class on a single trip between California and Missouri. Platinum is 10,000 points, so without some very creative routing its going to be multiple trips or something overseas.

nsx1164 Aug 10, 2008 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 10111172)
Have UA Prem Exec status. e-mailed the requested documents over, and they reponded within 2 days and matched to Gold. ^

Am in similar boat, and am about to fax the documents over... can you post the email address for CO OP match (or PM it to me) ??

Thanks and regards.

AndyTLe Aug 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Matched from DL GM to UA 1P. E-mail on Saturday, received reply on Sunday. Challenge is involved.

Your status will be effective for 90 days. To keep the status through January 31, 2010, just earn 15,000 base flight miles or 18 base flight segments on United, Ted or United Express within 90 days of being granted Premier Executive status. Once you meet that threshold, a Premier Executive kit will be generated and mailed to you

nsx1164 Aug 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by nsx1164 (Post 10181203)
Am in similar boat, and am about to fax the documents over... can you post the email address for CO OP match (or PM it to me) ??

Thanks and regards.

Sent message to CSR at CO website. email is eservice at coair dot com.

Got the match from UA 1P to CO Gold ^

Joeinfl Aug 14, 2008 10:45 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 10111172)

You may want to double check the 2/09 date - I did the same status match from UA Prem Exec to CO Gold last week and was told it will expire 2/10

GeneKL Aug 19, 2008 9:59 am

Status Match Advice - how to get from NWA to Delta

I have been lurking for about a month and have read through many of the related posts and am looking for some quick and hopefully easy advice, from some of the more knowledgeable members.

My goal is to obtain mid-tier (Gold) Delta status without a challenge, valid though the end of 2009/early 2010, for my wife and I. Silver status is ok, but really can’t complete a challenge right now.

As we live in MSP, and will not be relocating, we travel mostly on NWA. However, with the merger and rumors the WorldPerks is going away plus the pending expiration of our gold status, I think the timing might be right to status match over to Delta. The idea is to extend our gold status for a year through the merger and we can then work on building/maintaining status on Delta.

We are both NWA Gold expiring in Feb 2009, HHonors Gold and use NWA credit cards (considering Amex Platinum for access to clubs). We’re willing to switch/organize to maximize travel benefits.

My wife travels a bit for work – should be able to maintain high silver to low gold (about 50k miles). I travel a bit less now (very little this year and guessing about 20k next), but have been known to book a mileage run if needed (MSP to LGW to hit gold). Our travel is fairly random – she goes to New York and West Virginia for work once per month, we hit Vegas and Mexico a couple times a year.

Here’s what we like – expedited security screening, upgrades to first class (will buy with miles), bonus miles. We like to travel and expect that leisure travel will pick up a bit. We’re ok with a registered traveler program if it helps expedite screening.

My idea right now is to status match from NWA to United (or another airline not related to NWA/Delta) and then status match back to Delta. This is based upon the “non-poaching” rules between NWA and Delta.

Ideally, I like some overall advice to maximize benefits. However, with the airline’s revenue pressures and cuts in benefits is my idea just a pipe dream?

altjira Aug 19, 2008 2:55 pm

AA Platinum -> CO Gold

Emailed in my request for CO to match my AA Plat (which already goes through 2/10) at 11:53 and received responding email, with match, at 12:47. 54 minutes! I used onepass at coair.com.

The email kept me in suspense, but when I logged in I found they had made me Gold. No expiration date that I can see - I guess I'll have to wait for the mailed packet. I'm hoping it is also through all of 2009.

muc2asia Aug 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by altjira (Post 10227626)
Emailed in my request for CO to match my AA Plat (which already goes through 2/10) at 11:53 and received responding email, with match, at 12:47. 54 minutes! I used onepass at coair.com.

The email kept me in suspense, but when I logged in I found they had made me Gold. No expiration date that I can see - I guess I'll have to wait for the mailed packet. I'm hoping it is also through all of 2009.

what kind of documentation was requested. how did you get the match...did you just ask for it from their website?

altjira Aug 19, 2008 3:58 pm

They requested a copy of my AAdvantage Platinum card (which shows my number and the expiration date) and a current printout of My AAdvantage account. Then I wrote up an email that included my reservation info for an upcoming 7200 mile roundtrip, explained how American made me fly many more miles for the same destination, and listed a few more planned trips. I think I'll earn the 50,000 miles next year and I said so.

I got an email back from a "OnePass Partner Liaison Representative" telling me "it is my pleasure to inform you that your request for Elite status has been granted", and when I logged in to CO my account said Gold.

skywalkerLAX Aug 22, 2008 9:08 am

deleted

pbohannon Aug 26, 2008 9:12 am

Another NW Match to '09 only

Just adding more personal experience to the thread for those looking to match this year. Faxed AA materials to WorldPerks fax number indicated elsewhere in the thread, 7 full days later got an e-mail response that I had been granted Platinum Elite. However, the status was only granted until Feb. 28, 2009. I better start enjoying soon!