Wiki Posts
Search

One World Alliance--What's Up????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 1999, 8:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

One World Alliance--What's Up????

About four months ago now, American, BA, Cathay, etc. heralded the creation of this oneworld alliance, and promised great things. Has ANYONE heard any additional details since then regarding what their FF program integration is going to look like? I only belong to AA and BA of their members, but I have received no such information. Have been to www.oneworldalliance.com, but that really offers no information of any kind. If these carriers weren't ready to tell us the details, why the heck did they bother announcing this thing? How long are they going to take to sort out the details? The Next millenium? If anyone has heard anything, please post. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Your normally mild-mannered travelling lawyer, DJLAWMAN
Old Jan 13, 1999, 8:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Sorry, folks, really didn't intend to post this twice. You know the excuse--moved to another page, came back, time had expired, hit the wrong button and reposted form data, etc. Sorry again. Don't reply on this thread--use the other thread.

With my humble apologies, Djlawman
Old Jan 13, 1999, 8:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
Djlawman -- I'm right there waiting for the announcement with you... I've got some miles on AA and BA that I'd like to combine for an upgrade to Brazil... Just a little speculation for you, it has been announced in recent days that JAL will start codeshareing with both AA and BA, but no mention of them joining oneworld yet, but I'm sure it's to come, I would however, like some details on oneworld to come first!! (Maybe an inquiry should be made to Randy for info...)
Old Jan 14, 1999, 2:56 am
Original Member

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
My understanding of this hasn't significantly changed since you asked the same question in mid-December.

The last letter I received (dated January 6th) said that discussions were taking place with JAL about them joining OneWorld (see BA thread) and other operators were in discussion (Air Lingus is amongst the possible).

The initial integration of FF schemes was due to take place in March. There were several reasons for this including some existing realtionships having to be severed (ie. Malaysian and Singapore in the case of BA) and it was hoped some other airlines would be announced by then.

There is still the possibility that the March date may slip if other carriers are "on the verge" of joining OneWorld.

The last letter I have also hints at "service inequalities" being an issue, I know that OneWorld wants it's schemes to be more uniform that StarAlliances (ie. they do not want inequalities in Lounge Access etc).

I hope that helps. I think the message is hang in there!
MF

Old Jan 14, 1999, 4:34 am
Original Member

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
I have just been doing my post and what should be there but a missive about BA (OneWorld) and JAL.

It says that BA announces yesterday that JAL and BA have agreed to "link" their FF programs. That BA is "expecting JAL to join BA's OneWorld Alliance" shortly.

Also confirmation of code-share with JAL & BA and JAL & AA - but we already knew that didn't we.
MF

Old Jan 14, 1999, 4:39 am
Original Member

Sorry I forgot, also look at the JAL thread for details of a 'double miles' offer.
MF

Old Jan 14, 1999, 9:30 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
I talked with a colleague just today...and she said her husband, who's an Executive Platinum with AA, got an oneworld alliance card or something already...anyone received something similar ?? I only know Cathay's Marco Polo Club members haven't received anything so far...
Old Jan 14, 1999, 9:53 am
Original Member

I haven't seen anything.

Maybe some airlines are putting the logo on new cards, but as the 'integration' isn't agreed yet, I can't see there is any benefit.
MF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.