Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by UserMark
I don't really know how to use twitter, but I did this:
From the twitter.com home page I clicked tweet, and then the text is:
#HomeWithIHG #ad #Rewardsoffer @IHGRewardsClub
and I attached the picture.
Is that the right way to do this?
You also have to claim your points after doing this. Click the link in the first post.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
After you post, you have to log in to Twitter or IG from the link posted in the first post. The link takes you to a 3rd party marketing company that IHG is using. It will take a while for the 3rd party marketing company to locate your posts (their bot is probably scrapping your entire profile and history... I'm sure that is in the fine prints somewhere). I did it last week and the website confirmed the bot found my post and it is eligible for the points but I haven't received any points in my IHG account.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by bzcat
It will take a while for the 3rd party marketing company to locate your posts (their bot is probably scrapping your entire profile and history...
A good reason to keep around a few fake Twitter accounts for promos just as these. While traveling in a foreign country, I often purchase a local SIM -> that's a new phone number right there which can be used to create a twitter account.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Im 35 points shy of being able to book a night. Considering doing this but dont have an account. IS there anyother quick way to get 35 points for free?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:10 am

OpenTable booking for a meal should get you at least 150 points quite quickly. You need to book it through the IHG app.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by 1210mk2
Im 35 points shy of being able to book a night. Considering doing this but dont have an account. IS there anyother quick way to get 35 points for free?
Opinion Check-in is their points-earning survey scheme. You can earn 5 points for disqualifying from a survey, upto 25/day. Points post almost immediately. If you sign-up today you could have the 35 points this time tomorrow by saying you're 100 years old 7 times.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Opinion Check-in is their points-earning survey scheme. You can earn 5 points for disqualifying from a survey, upto 25/day. Points post almost immediately. If you sign-up today you could have the 35 points this time tomorrow by saying you're 100 years old 7 times.
Good advise for some quick points but DQ yourself regularly and they close your opportunities down after a few months.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Thanks. Seems my account is blocked on IHG, not sure if this is an outage or an issue with my account.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: QF Gold, Accor Plat, Hyatt plat, HH diam, SPG Gold
The 5000 points just posted on both our accounts. Just what we needed. Oktoberfest here we come!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, bingo! Thanks for the update. My points have posted too. Whoopee ... looking forward to my next Pointbreak!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:30 pm

My 5000 points just posted too!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:42 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Yay! Me too. I love free points.
margarita girl and ankomonkey like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Needed a few points for a planned redemption which I've now been able to make with these points. Genuinely very happy with this promotion. Now to sort out my missing Marriott 29 Days points...
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Notsofreq
OpenTable booking for a meal should get you at least 150 points quite quickly. You need to book it through the IHG app.
I use Open Table all the time, but book through them - didn't know you could book through the IHG app - how does that work? Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I did this a few days ago but the photo was taken by myself looking out the window of the Sydney IC at the Harbour Bridge. No humans are in the photo, just the view.
Is this acceptable? I got a confirmation screen after claiming my points but they have not posted yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.