Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I guess I had never connected my husband to instagram, 350 total just posted for him.
Huzzah! Well I'm glad somebody got something out of it.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Huzzah! Well I'm glad somebody got something out of it.
Thanks.👍👍
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:48 pm

Just got 600 points automatically from Marriott for the transition to #RewardsPoints from #MRPoints !
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by 604flyer
Just got 600 points automatically from Marriott for the transition to #RewardsPoints from #MRPoints !
They just appeared in your account or did you have to tweet something to receive them?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:50 pm

Nothing here.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
For some reason, it says my instagram account has been linked, yet I do not show that I'm following Marriott at all. ???
Any thoughts on how to save this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:20 pm

What did you do to get the 600? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Zilch for me as well; no 600 points anywhere.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
They just appeared in your account or did you have to tweet something to receive them?
Upon closer inspection it appears I may have only got them as I joined #MRpoints in the past year... see below email.

#REWARDSPOINTS
Hi xxxx,

We recently changed the name of #MRpoints, our program that awards you points for social actions, to #RewardsPoints. While the name has changed to #RewardsPoints, all the amazing opportunities to earn remain the same!

We saw that you had previously connected one or more of your social accounts in the last year. Members can now earn more points for these connections and we wanted to let you know we haven’t forgotten about you! Check your Marriott Rewards account for a gift from us to you.

If you have not connected Facebook, Twitter and Instagram click here for more opportunities to earn.

Thanks for participating!

The Marriott Rewards Team
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:41 am

We saw that you had previously connected one or more of your social accounts in the last year.
Presumably they can see if users disconnect and reconnect their accounts, because otherwise we'd all have got something last week when we tried to get the bonuses again.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Presumably they can see if users disconnect and reconnect their accounts, because otherwise we'd all have got something last week when we tried to get the bonuses again.
I asked them in a private tweet. This was their reply:
The new points for linking accounts is only for new members. You will benefit from the other bonus points as we go from here on out. Sarah
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by panka
I asked them in a private tweet. This was their reply:
The new points for linking accounts is only for new members. You will benefit from the other bonus points as we go from here on out. Sarah
I guess they're just helping me make up for lost time... this posted today.

Posted Type Description Points Earned: Actions
08/10/17 Bonus REPLY REWARDS - MARRIOTT REWAR 1,000 points
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:58 am

50 Points What's Your Culinary Dream

Just saw this but no points or confirmation & tried several tweets by replying or forwarding.

I tried several variations of @marriottRewards #RewardsPoints #MembersGetIt it would be ......

@marriottRewards: Members, what's your culinary dream? Tell us using #RewardsPoints and #MembersGetIt for 50 Rewards points. https://twitter.com/MarriottRewards/status/895993223104970752/photo/1
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by MAXII
Just saw this but no points or confirmation & tried several tweets by replying or forwarding.
No luck - with and without a photo.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
I guess they're just helping me make up for lost time... this posted today.

Posted Type Description Points Earned: Actions
08/10/17 Bonus REPLY REWARDS - MARRIOTT REWAR 1,000 points
Lucky you, I have not received any points since the Canada promo in June

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.