Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:09 pm
aap
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Thumbs up Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Just received an email for 50,000 Avios after spending $2,000 in 90 days.

As our valued customer we are pleased to present to you the British Airways Visa SignatureŽ card.1 Cardmembers receive 50,000 bonus Avios after making just $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.2 That's just the beginning of the many card benefits you will enjoy. Reward yourself by redeeming your Avios towards rewards on British Airways and domestic airline partners, hotel stays and car rentals. Apply by September 30, 2013 to take advantage of this opportunity. All reward flights are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges.

There's a public link on the Chase website for it now as well:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../public/en_us#
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
That's actually the standard offer, you can get it at Chase.com.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP
You beat me to it by about a minute. Public non-targeted landing page http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click and application https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

Not for me but a decent deal with no fee and 1.25 Avios per dollar
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:15 pm
aap
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
I thought all the past offers incurred a $95 first year annual fee. This offer includes the first year annual fee waived.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:17 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
In the past (as recently as one month back, when I did my AOR) the first year fee was not waived.. they have now waived it till 30th September.. and while the emails made me feel that it's targeted, a quick click on chase website confirmed that it's an open offer..
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:21 pm
aap
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simz
In the past (as recently as one month back, when I did my AOR) the first year fee was not waived.. they have now waived it till 30th September.. and while the emails made me feel that it's targeted, a quick click on chase website confirmed that it's an open offer..
It will be interesting to hear from other recent BA Visa applicants if Chase will be willing to refund the 1st year annual fee.

I've been holding off on applying for the BA card, but will likely pull the trigger during my next churn with no 1st year annual fee now.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PainCorp
That's actually the standard offer, you can get it at Chase.com.
It wasn't the standard offer. It had a $95 fee first year.

50K Avios will net you 10 one way tickets on BA partners (I like AS/QX) if the distance is =<650 miles.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by philemer
It wasn't the standard offer. It had a $95 fee first year.

50K Avios will net you 10 one way tickets on BA partners (I like AS/QX) if the distance is =<650 miles.
It is currently. Check the links above.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PainCorp
It is currently. Check the links above.
I know. I said it "wasn't", as in the past.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
The previous standard offer was 50k / 1k spend in 90 days. So for another 1k spend now you get the AF waived.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:39 pm

I think the chance at an extra 50k (if another 100k bonus happens) is worth risking the $95 annual fee waive, so I'm gonna wait =)
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
just applied...not to good credit line..but i guess i gotta move some stuff around...5th active personal card...with chase
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:21 pm

Can you open a Visa Signature with Chase under a $5,000 credit limit?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Got it too in Email. I haven't had a BA card for a couple of years. Thinking if I should try for it.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mnscout
Got it too in Email. I haven't had a BA card for a couple of years. Thinking if I should try for it.
Does it still show up in your Chase account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.