FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Airline Status Match Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1352728-airline-status-match-master-thread.html)

KATERGOO Mar 31, 2016 1:47 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26413216)
Is China Airlines still matching? And will they match O6*G or AB/SAPPHIRE?

I don't think so. Your best bet is Alitalia if you want to match with a SkyTeam airline.

miamiflyer8 Mar 31, 2016 6:51 am

Originally Posted by KATERGOO (Post 26413469)
I don't think so. Your best bet is Alitalia if you want to match with a SkyTeam airline.

Well my Alitalia status expired today so...

KATERGOO Mar 31, 2016 7:08 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26414240)
Well my Alitalia status expired today so...

You may be able to create a new account.
You need to change your name (if you current account is John Smith, but your ID shows John Edward Smith ...)
You also need to change you date of birth and address. It will work after all this.
Then you can ask for a new status match :)

(That's what I did !);)

Mict Mar 31, 2016 7:23 am

Originally Posted by KATERGOO (Post 26414306)
You may be able to create a new account.
You need to change your name (if you current account is John Smith, but your ID shows John Edward Smith ...)
You also need to change you date of birth and address. It will work after all this.
Then you can ask for a new status match :)

(That's what I did !);)

AFAIK they do not match anymore.

KATERGOO Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Mict (Post 26414375)
AFAIK they do not match anymore.

It seems they still match, however not on an almost automatic basis as they used to.

moops380 Mar 31, 2016 11:57 am

it should be noted that the ALITALIA program ends this year. Then there will be a NEW alitalia program. I suppose if its a new program they will accept matches. They tend to do this every few years. I wouldn't hold any az miles for this reason.

flashware Mar 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Refer to the dedicated thread for any Alitalia related info on status matches: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...tus-match.html

diamondscan Apr 6, 2016 2:17 am

Ah, I managed to get a status match to Alitalia's Ulisse with my Iberia Silver card before the match deadline ended, but a couple months after that I was upgraded to Iberia Gold.

Now I've realized that Iberia Gold is only Sapphire on Oneworld and I cannot get the Turkish match I wanted without Emerald, which I'd have to start all over as it's a new "year" for me with Iberia. I'm kind of desperate for a Star Alliance match because I will fly with Swiss or Singapore Airlines a lot, maybe once a month but economy on my own dime... so my Iberian Gold is going to do nothing for that.

Any bright tips I could finagle a real Gold from somewhere?

miamiflyer8 Apr 6, 2016 10:45 am

Originally Posted by diamondscan (Post 26443811)
Ah, I managed to get a status match to Alitalia's Ulisse with my Iberia Silver card before the match deadline ended, but a couple months after that I was upgraded to Iberia Gold.

Now I've realized that Iberia Gold is only Sapphire on Oneworld and I cannot get the Turkish match I wanted without Emerald, which I'd have to start all over as it's a new "year" for me with Iberia. I'm kind of desperate for a Star Alliance match because I will fly with Swiss or Singapore Airlines a lot, maybe once a month but economy on my own dime... so my Iberian Gold is going to do nothing for that.

Any bright tips I could finagle a real Gold from somewhere?

I don't think there's anything anymore. We're living in tough times in terms of statusmatches right now.

diamondscan Apr 7, 2016 6:05 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26445700)
I don't think there's anything anymore. We're living in tough times in terms of statusmatches right now.

Hm, maybe some hope yet. I started a United account and they matched me for Premier Gold. It's not reflecting on the website yet and it is a challenge, but I will start using them for all my upcoming Star Alliance flights and hope I make the challenge.

miamiflyer8 Apr 7, 2016 6:17 am

Originally Posted by diamondscan (Post 26449909)
Hm, maybe some hope yet. I started a United account and they matched me for Premier Gold. It's not reflecting on the website yet and it is a challenge, but I will start using them for all my upcoming Star Alliance flights and hope I make the challenge.

From which program did you match and what's needed for a challenge

diamondscan Apr 8, 2016 5:57 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26449948)
From which program did you match and what's needed for a challenge

I matched from Iberia and I need to complete 12500 PQM within 90 days to keep the UA Gold. And it looks like I should try and do it between July 1-7 when my status ends so that I will have completed the challenge after July 1 and keep it until Jan 2018.

Sure is going to be challenging! :confused:

miamiflyer8 Apr 8, 2016 6:01 am

Originally Posted by diamondscan (Post 26454957)
I matched from Iberia and I need to complete 12500 PQM within 90 days to keep the UA Gold. And it looks like I should try and do it between July 1-7 when my status ends so that I will have completed the challenge after July 1 and keep it until Jan 2018.

If you fly a lot then you'll make it thru in no time.

kauppias Apr 8, 2016 11:10 am

Originally Posted by diamondscan (Post 26454957)

But thats UA flight right? Not partner flight...

diamondscan Apr 11, 2016 2:03 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 26454973)
If you fly a lot then you'll make it thru in no time.

Yeah, I'm based in Switzerland. If most my flying is to Asia, I am not necessarily making a detour in the USA. :D