FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Audience Rewards trivia questions answers for Starwood Delta, and U.S. Air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1239119-audience-rewards-trivia-questions-answers-starwood-delta-u-s-air.html)

AAL Sep 29, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks for all the answers! I had the same questions for both SPG and USAir.

fet Sep 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by penner42 (Post 19406472)
Best Buy Reward Zone no longer lets you transfer points out to other programs on points.com :(

Who told you that?

penner42 Sep 30, 2012 1:42 am

Originally Posted by fet (Post 19409194)
Who told you that?

If you go and try to do an exchange and then click on the tab that shows the rules, it says you can only transfer into the program.

fet Sep 30, 2012 9:26 am

Originally Posted by penner42 (Post 19410004)
If you go and try to do an exchange and then click on the tab that shows the rules, it says you can only transfer into the program.

I just made transfers from 3 different accounts yesterday and they all went through fine.

penner42 Sep 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by fet (Post 19409194)
Who told you that?

Originally Posted by penner42 (Post 19410004)

Originally Posted by fet (Post 19411273)
I just made transfers from 3 different accounts yesterday and they all went through fine.

Strange. It was definitely not working for me yesterday, but it is again now. Still, the terms now say "Best Buy Reward Zone only permits exchanges to get more points" and it didn't before.

FullTimeFlyer Oct 1, 2012 9:35 pm

Whoo, that was (well, a little) scary - have been piling these Best Buy points up slowly and patiently for some time to make a transfer at the end of the year. Given the above, just bailed out and transferred out my and Mrs FTF's BBuy accounts for miles.

Always angered when a company lets you play their game and waste your time and maybe money by following the announced rules and then they change them without warning. Doesn't matter if they "reserve the right" - yes, that gives them the legal ability, but it would not make them any less a**h***s for doing it.

Don't know if they realized they were doing that and that's why they reversed any sort of implementation of the transfer control - if so, good for them. Would have been upset if they changed rules without warning, but I can live with the change if it sticks. I'll consider myself warned and will or won't continue to try and earn BBuy points at my own risk.

(But doesn't mean I won't be disappointed.)

FTF

penner42 Oct 1, 2012 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 19420646)
Whoo, that was (well, a little) scary - have been piling these Best Buy points up slowly and patiently for some time to make a transfer at the end of the year. Given the above, just bailed out and transferred out my and Mrs FTF's BBuy accounts for miles.

Always angered when a company lets you play their game and waste your time and maybe money by following the announced rules and then they change them without warning. Doesn't matter if they "reserve the right" - yes, that gives them the legal ability, but it would not make them any less a**h***s for doing it.

Don't know if they realized they were doing that and that's why they reversed any sort of implementation of the transfer control - if so, good for them. Would have been upset if they changed rules without warning, but I can live with the change if it sticks. I'll consider myself warned and will or won't continue to try and earn BBuy points at my own risk.

(But doesn't mean I won't be disappointed.)

FTF

Sorry for the scare! I'm not sure why it didn't work for me correctly, but for a few days it kept saying "an unknown error has occurred" when trying to get my balance, and then it wouldn't transfer. It was strange. But it seems to be back now.

seanman571 Oct 2, 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by BaliParis (Post 19397130)
I also had these questions:
True or False? Disney is producing Newsies.
True

In what year was the book of The Phantom of the Opera published in English?

For what animated film was Ed Asner the voice of a main character?
Up

Thanks!

FullTimeFlyer Oct 8, 2012 8:57 am

Originally Posted by penner42 (Post 19420666)
Sorry for the scare!

No worries. Better safe than sorry when it comes to what looks like a closed reward (but thankfully doesn't seem to be). There does not seem to be any minimum to transfer out of BB, so end of year hopefully I'll just move over whatever is left, since they seem to just cancel small balances at the EOY.

FTF

bksmm Oct 8, 2012 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by penner42 (Post 19412009)
Still, the terms now say "Best Buy Reward Zone only permits exchanges to get more points" and it didn't before.

The terms did state this before even though it did, and still does let you transfer BB rewards out.

beltway Oct 10, 2012 9:23 pm

New questions being loaded at this very moment; seven up so far. I have no idea what the answers are, alas.

CORRECTION: I know one answer cold.

What 90's film brought back a famous song by Dusty Springfield?
Pulp Fiction

phdtomd Oct 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 19474831)
New questions being loaded at this very moment; seven up so far. I have no idea what the answers are, alas.

CORRECTION: I know one answer cold.

What 90's film brought back a famous song by Dusty Springfield?
Pulp Fiction

What is the last song of Act I of Evita?
A new Argentina

A Christmas Story, The Musical is based on a movie that came out in what year?

Who stars as Charlie Chaplin in Chaplin on Broadway?
Robert Mcclure

At what Off Broadway theatre does Sistas, The Musical perform
St Lukes Theater

Which cast of The Lion King made a live recording of the show?
South African

Aside from Rock of Ages, what other Broadway show has Mitchell Jarvis been in?

Fiddler on the roof

In Newsies, what paper does Katherine Plumber work for
The Sun

True or False? Spider-man: Turn off the Dark had out of town try outs before coming to NYC.
False

Looked them all up

FullTimeFlyer Oct 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks, phdtomd. ^

I keep wondering if this is going to drop away, but every 10-14 days or so it is back again and a few more miles are earned. :)

beachmouse Oct 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank you. I guess the number of miles involved are small enough to keep it going for a while.

FullTimeFlyer Oct 17, 2012 6:55 pm

New AR program addition just for SPG

Got an e-mail today from SPG inviting me to register my SPG number with AR for a sweepstakes prize of 100,000 Starpoints plus theater tickets. From the e-mail:

"Here's your chance to win 100,000 bonus Starpoints® and a pair of tickets to a Broadway show in New York City, thanks to our partnership with Audience Rewards® — the official loyalty program of Broadway.

To enter, simply register your SPG® member number with Audience Rewards and cross your fingers. The winner will receive 100,000 Starpoints and two tickets to one of four Broadway shows: Annie, Newsies, Once or Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark."

Leads to this page:

https://www.audiencerewards.com/SPGo...25_17425_BDWY#

Here's what else is new:

"Plus, earn extra entries and test your performing arts smarts with theatre trivia. Each Monday, we’ll post 10 questions about a featured show. Each question you answer (right or wrong) earns you another chance to win." (Note: appears to run 4 weeks.)

I got all excited about the extra trivia questions, but per item 5 in the T&C answering the questions (right or wrong as above) will earn sweeps entries, but correct answers will only earn showpoints, not starpoints. So not as exciting as hoped.

Don't see anything in the T&C that it is targeted. But all that's there is play of luck (unless you like showpoints).

FTF