FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Audience Rewards trivia questions answers for Starwood Delta, and U.S. Air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1239119-audience-rewards-trivia-questions-answers-starwood-delta-u-s-air.html)

beachmouse Nov 29, 2012 11:40 am

Thanks!

Has anyone ever figured out a decent use for the actual Audience Rewards points? I see you can allegedly import them (and swap) into points.com, but when I try it's not working.

ExitRowAisle Nov 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 19766952)
Thanks!

Has anyone ever figured out a decent use for the actual Audience Rewards points? I see you can allegedly import them (and swap) into points.com, but when I try it's not working.

I assume you're looking for an answer besides the obvious, which is to use them for what they were designed -- going to see theater events.

beachmouse Nov 29, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm realistically not going to make it to NYC anytime soon to use the points for a show, and the Ethel Merman biography in Merchandise Rewards doesn't really do anything for me either. I guess I was hoping that if I got to 1000 Show Points, there was a slightly obscure route for flipping them to 50 Priority Club points or something.

bob12403 Nov 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks!

This has been addressed before. Per AR Customer Service, AR ShowPoints that are earned via trivia can not be swapped using points.com. Only AR ShowPoints earned by purchasing tickets can be swapped.

newstuff Nov 30, 2012 9:33 am

Originally Posted by bob12403 (Post 19769747)
This has been addressed before. Per AR Customer Service, AR ShowPoints that are earned via trivia can not be swapped using points.com. Only AR ShowPoints earned by purchasing tickets can be swapped.

Thanks. That is good to know!

FullTimeFlyer Nov 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks!

Just passing along what another member helpfully explained to me some while back. If you look at the fine print, which I think you can find on points.com, only the EARNED AR points (meaning the ones from shows, not trivia) can be swapped. So only those will be passed along to the points.com system, where you can them trade or swap them. The trivia points are only good for spening on AR.

And thanks again to mhen for the latest answers.

Eh, sorry. Saw the question earlier and wanted to come back and answer. Didn't realize so many others had done the same in the interim.

frecuente-flyer Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 19774455)
Just passing along what another member helpfully explained to me some while back. If you look at the fine print, which I think you can find on points.com, only the EARNED AR points (meaning the ones from shows, not trivia) can be swapped. So only those will be passed along to the points.com system, where you can them trade or swap them. The trivia points are only good for spening on AR.

And thanks again to mhen for the latest answers.

Eh, sorry. Saw the question earlier and wanted to come back and answer. Didn't realize so many others had done the same in the interim.

Thanks to both of the previous responses...now I know why when I linked my AR account into points.com system, no points showed up.

Saas Nov 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 19769020)
I'm realistically not going to make it to NYC anytime soon ...

Just an FYI, NYC isn't the only place you can use them. Here is a list of participating cities:

Charlotte, NC (NCBPAC)
Chicago, IL (Broadway in Chicago)
Durham, NC (DPAC)
Los Angeles, CA (Broadway LA)
New York, NY
San Diego, CA (Broadway/SD)
San Jose, CA (Broadway in San Jose)
Tucson, AZ (Broadway in Tucson)

I was actually going to use mine in Charlotte last month, but my plans changed so I wasn't able to. Maybe next time.

fet Dec 2, 2012 5:32 pm

I can confirm this. Got 3 tickets for Billy Elliot using my AR.
Nice.

Originally Posted by Saas (Post 19775123)
Just an FYI, NYC isn't the only place you can use them. Here is a list of participating cities:

Charlotte, NC (NCBPAC)
Durham, NC (DPAC)
New York, NY

I was actually going to use mine in Charlotte last month, but my plans changed so I wasn't able to. Maybe next time.

Tiki Dec 3, 2012 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Saas (Post 19775123)

Charlotte, NC (NCBPAC)
Durham, NC (DPAC)
New York, NY

Nothing in Vegas? We have a stopover there overnight next year.

bj2757 Dec 3, 2012 8:25 am

mhen - thanks -as always - we really appreciate you!

FullTimeFlyer Dec 4, 2012 7:14 am

Originally Posted by fet (Post 19784083)
I can confirm this. Got 3 tickets for Billy Elliot using my AR.
Nice.

Now if I could only figure out a way to combine the 8 different accounts Mrs FTF and I have, I'd be getting somewhere on the AR points!

FTF

mhen Dec 9, 2012 12:00 am

New Questions

What year did the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera come out?

What is the last song of Act 1 in Rock of Ages?
Here I Go Again

True or False? Avenue Q made Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 of the decade in 2010.
True

What does Timon and Pumbaa’s motto, “Hakuna Matata” mean?
No Worries

In what month did Once begin previews?
February

What played in the Marquis Theatre last before the Evita revival?
Follies

debwany24 Dec 9, 2012 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by mhen (Post 19822012)

Here I Go Again

True or False? Avenue Q made Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 of the decade in 2010.
True

No Worries

February

Follies

Thanks ^

ProfessAW Dec 9, 2012 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by mhen (Post 19822012)

Here I Go Again

True

No Worries

February

Follies

Got my points, thanks