FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   New player in the mileage game: US Bank Lanpass 20k after first use (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1223858-new-player-mileage-game-us-bank-lanpass-20k-after-first-use.html)

libuser Jun 7, 2011 7:37 pm

New player in the mileage game: US Bank Lanpass 20k after first use

Offer definitely not worth it but a new player on the market nonetheless:

http://www.lanpassvisa.com/credit/we...ceCode&lang=en

Might help somebody needing some extra miles. : )

x712xdamx Jun 7, 2011 11:42 pm

After getting approved for 2 AA cards, Continental, 2 JetBlue, & US Air all in 1 month - I tried to get this card and got denied...
I have a long standing acct with US Bank on good terms, but apparently that didn't over-ride the mass inquiries. I figured this card would be a piece of cake for how small the bonus is!

2RETIREDTRAVELERS Jun 7, 2011 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx (Post 16522811)
After getting approved for 2 AA cards, Continental, 2 JetBlue, & US Air all in 1 month - I tried to get this card and got denied...
I have a long standing acct with US Bank on good terms, but apparently that didn't over-ride the mass inquiries. I figured this card would be a piece of cake for how small the bonus is!

What credit bureau did they pull your credit from?

PaulMSN Jun 8, 2011 11:02 am

Yesterday they sent me two emails asking about my preferences in receiving mail from them as if I had this card already, then they sent two more telling me to disregard the previous email.

So I guess I'm pre-qualified. But since I've never flown LAN and 20K isn't much, I think I'll pass.

Stoughton Jun 8, 2011 11:11 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 16525376)
Yesterday they sent me two emails asking about my preferences in receiving mail from them as if I had this card already, then they sent two more telling me to disregard the previous email.

So I guess I'm pre-qualified. But since I've never flown LAN and 20K isn't much, I think I'll pass.

Same here. Odd.

BearX220 Jun 8, 2011 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 16525426)
Same here. Odd.

I had the same sequence of events. I have a US Bank FlexPerks card but not LANPASS. The second email explained the first one was a mistake -- it was intended for LANPASS cardholders only but US Bank screwed up their list management. (Also email design... the rogue email was a .txt file, no HTML / branding / etc.)

Stoughton Jun 8, 2011 11:16 am

Originally Posted by BearX220 (Post 16525443)
I had the same sequence of events. I have a US Bank FlexPerks card but not LANPASS. The second email explained the first one was a mistake -- it was intended for LANPASS cardholders only but US Bank screwed up their list management. (Also email design... the rogue email was a .txt file, no HTML / branding / etc.)

I don't have any sort of US bank card.

cupps Jun 8, 2011 11:37 am

Strange emails

I am glad to hear that others received this series of strange emails. At first glance it led me to believe that perhaps my identity had been stolen. However, now having heard others on this site received these strange emails it makes me wonder if our email addresses have now been (sold??)

haiderodes Jun 8, 2011 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 16525463)
I don't have any sort of US bank card.

Same for me never had an account (credit or otherwise) through US Bank but I got the email. It was sitting in my Junk folder. The "from" address was something strange like "1800USBankcards".

I deleted it.

mareh Jun 8, 2011 11:49 am

Between my husband and I, we've received three of these emails so far. We don't have any credit cards from this bank.

mrx900 Jun 8, 2011 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by mareh (Post 16525688)
Between my husband and I, we've received three of these emails so far. We don't have any credit cards from this bank.

USBank notified recipients of the emails that it was a mistake on their part. no worries

BearX220 Jun 8, 2011 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by haiderodes (Post 16525639)
I got the email. It was sitting in my Junk folder. The "from" address was something strange like "1800USBankcards".

One reason it was weird was that the click-through URL was strangely constructed, with unrecognizable elements. Half expected to see an ".ru" in there somewhere. I wouldn't have clicked on it even I did have a LANPASS card.

PaulMSN Jun 8, 2011 12:38 pm

I had NW WorldPerks card a while back, but it appears they were using a purchased database.

bj2757 Jun 8, 2011 12:47 pm

Glad to see this info since I've received two of the emails - and I've never even heard of them let alone had an account :-)

Tailgater Jun 8, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeah, I received two emails from US Bank (I don't even have an acct with it). First one was about LAN pass and second one was saying for me to ignore the 1st email. I also received tel messages yesterday (was it more US Bank business/errors?).

Geesh, I was thinking if a bank gets wires crossed like this, what are the chances that it will accidentally send out SS numbers, etc.? I have no idea how US Bank even got my email.