Reload this Page >

New player in the mileage game: US Bank Lanpass 20k after first use

Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Offer definitely not worth it but a new player on the market nonetheless:

http://www.lanpassvisa.com/credit/we...ceCode&lang=en

Might help somebody needing some extra miles. : )
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: All of em...
After getting approved for 2 AA cards, Continental, 2 JetBlue, & US Air all in 1 month - I tried to get this card and got denied...
I have a long standing acct with US Bank on good terms, but apparently that didn't over-ride the mass inquiries. I figured this card would be a piece of cake for how small the bonus is!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
After getting approved for 2 AA cards, Continental, 2 JetBlue, & US Air all in 1 month - I tried to get this card and got denied...
I have a long standing acct with US Bank on good terms, but apparently that didn't over-ride the mass inquiries. I figured this card would be a piece of cake for how small the bonus is!
What credit bureau did they pull your credit from?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday they sent me two emails asking about my preferences in receiving mail from them as if I had this card already, then they sent two more telling me to disregard the previous email.

So I guess I'm pre-qualified. But since I've never flown LAN and 20K isn't much, I think I'll pass.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Yesterday they sent me two emails asking about my preferences in receiving mail from them as if I had this card already, then they sent two more telling me to disregard the previous email.

So I guess I'm pre-qualified. But since I've never flown LAN and 20K isn't much, I think I'll pass.
Same here. Odd.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Same here. Odd.
I had the same sequence of events. I have a US Bank FlexPerks card but not LANPASS. The second email explained the first one was a mistake -- it was intended for LANPASS cardholders only but US Bank screwed up their list management. (Also email design... the rogue email was a .txt file, no HTML / branding / etc.)
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BearX220
I had the same sequence of events. I have a US Bank FlexPerks card but not LANPASS. The second email explained the first one was a mistake -- it was intended for LANPASS cardholders only but US Bank screwed up their list management. (Also email design... the rogue email was a .txt file, no HTML / branding / etc.)
I don't have any sort of US bank card.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Strange emails

I am glad to hear that others received this series of strange emails. At first glance it led me to believe that perhaps my identity had been stolen. However, now having heard others on this site received these strange emails it makes me wonder if our email addresses have now been (sold??)
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I don't have any sort of US bank card.
Same for me never had an account (credit or otherwise) through US Bank but I got the email. It was sitting in my Junk folder. The "from" address was something strange like "1800USBankcards".

I deleted it.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:49 am

Between my husband and I, we've received three of these emails so far. We don't have any credit cards from this bank.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by mareh
Between my husband and I, we've received three of these emails so far. We don't have any credit cards from this bank.
USBank notified recipients of the emails that it was a mistake on their part. no worries
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by haiderodes
I got the email. It was sitting in my Junk folder. The "from" address was something strange like "1800USBankcards".
One reason it was weird was that the click-through URL was strangely constructed, with unrecognizable elements. Half expected to see an ".ru" in there somewhere. I wouldn't have clicked on it even I did have a LANPASS card.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had NW WorldPerks card a while back, but it appears they were using a purchased database.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Glad to see this info since I've received two of the emails - and I've never even heard of them let alone had an account :-)
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:06 pm

Yeah, I received two emails from US Bank (I don't even have an acct with it). First one was about LAN pass and second one was saying for me to ignore the 1st email. I also received tel messages yesterday (was it more US Bank business/errors?).

Geesh, I was thinking if a bank gets wires crossed like this, what are the chances that it will accidentally send out SS numbers, etc.? I have no idea how US Bank even got my email.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.