Wiki Posts
Search

KVS Tool

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
KVS Tool

I went ahead and paid for a subscription to KVS availability and it is the best money ever spent.

I found all my availabilities easily and found a few options I would not have dreamt off to be honest.

It is so easy to use and avoids all the frustrating calls to ICC.

Highly recommended from me for one as a great way to help you find flights to burn those miles on.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:39 am

+1 been using it for ages now and I love the iPhone App so you can check it on the go . ^
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: Some, not all.
How does it stack up against the free alternatives: ANA and CO.com? Does it confirm valid routings?

Generally I don't even call the ICC unless I know what flights I'm asking for.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by 21H21J
How does it stack up against the free alternatives: ANA and CO.com?
It is exactly the same as it gets its data from screen scraping those airline websites. If you want a free web-based alternative that also screen scrapes those airline award searches, you can try something like AwardNexus.com
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:19 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by gordies
I went ahead and paid for a subscription to KVS availability and it is the best money ever spent.

I found all my availabilities easily and found a few options I would not have dreamt off to be honest.

It is so easy to use and avoids all the frustrating calls to ICC.

Highly recommended from me for one as a great way to help you find flights to burn those miles on.
Originally Posted by DELLAS
+1 been using it for ages now and I love the iPhone App so you can check it on the go . ^
Glad you're enjoying your KVS Tool memberships!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:24 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

How does it stack up against the free alternatives: ANA and CO.com?
As one member previously put it:

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
Searches are fast, robust, and easy to use. No back button, no re-filling out forms, no interpreting ANA's different shades of yellow - no web browser period.

I could perform search and search after search on ANA or DL.com using KVS in a fraction of the time it would take using the web sites. Above and beyond that, KVS makes it extremely easy to get information into Word, Flyertalk, or notepad ... ever try copying an itinerary onto the clipboard from ANA or DL?
Does it confirm valid routings?
Yes, KVS Tool can validate routings using both Routing Rules & MPM Methods:

Generally I don't even call the ICC unless I know what flights I'm asking for.
That's always a good strategy .
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, HH Diamond & some others
^^ KVS

Used it for quite a few years and it really is money well spent. Simple, straight-forward with the ability to look at the complexities if you so want to get best bang for bucks.

All in one place, good for me as I can manage my BA, bmi and KLM frequent flyer programmes with one application.

Yes there are free alternatives but this has proved its value to me on many occasion.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
This thread has nothing to do with Diamond Club specifically, and barely even generally, so please follow this discussion in the Travel Tech forum.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:56 am

I just loved playing ping-pong, with my Expert Flyer ping-pong paddle

-Forrest

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 4, 2012 at 6:16 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:34 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by JONNYBOY
^^ KVS

Used it for quite a few years and it really is money well spent. Simple, straight-forward with the ability to look at the complexities if you so want to get best bang for bucks.

All in one place, good for me as I can manage my BA, bmi and KLM frequent flyer programmes with one application.

Yes there are free alternatives but this has proved its value to me on many occasion.
Glad you're enjoying your KVS Tool Membership and its capabilities across all 3 global alliances!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:45 pm

well, one thing is for sure. we're all tools for having to listen to your shameless self plugs here.

This is ridiculous.

-David
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Instead of promoting Expert Flyer and personally knocking the developer of KVS, if you have something negative to say about the KVS service, why don't you do something useful and provide actual feedback on the subject?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:09 am

The negative comments were about what some perceive as blatant self-promotion of a commercial for-profit product and it's being discussed elsewhere on FT.

I really didn't think anybody in their right mind would take my sarcastic knock-off a Forrest Gump quote as promotion of Expert Flyer. In the original version of that post, I actually used Flex-o-lite, but decided it didn't work as well as what I ended up with. Sorry if that offended you.

But yeah, if company rep KVS is going to bump threads in actions that appear to me to be self-promotion, I might comment on that from time to time. If you think there should be a dedicated forum for KVS and other commercial tools, you might want to make that comment on the appropriate thread in the Talkboard forum.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 15, 2012 at 5:20 am
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are plenty of KVS threads elsewhere on Flyertalk. I recommend posting there instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.