Q2 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q2 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
I rented a compact car from Hertz for 1 day using the UK link. This was about 2-3 weeks ago. I am yet to see any VS miles post to my VS account. This offer seems like a real mess.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
I'm getting the same error message. I hadn't heard of the SRRMAY2 CID.
I rented Alamo for 3-days using SRRMAY2 CID. Strangely, the rental agreement showed the RR# correctly entered. but the receipt that I got upon returning the car had no mention of it. And the FF surcharge had also fallen off. Has anyone experienced successfully using SRRMAY2 or does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SCH-I500 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by jeelele
I rented Alamo for 3-days using SRRMAY2 CID. Strangely, the rental agreement showed the RR# correctly entered. but the receipt that I got upon returning the car had no mention of it. And the FF surcharge had also fallen off. Has anyone experienced successfully using SRRMAY2 or does anyone have any suggestions for me?
submit your receipt for retro credit following the directions on southwest.com
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SCH-I500 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Old Jun 3, 2011, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Thanks for the input. Will report back what happens.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
EK/Dollar 500 bonus miles EK5K - EXP EXTENDED.. AGAIN – Exp: Dec 31, 2011 – Min: 3 days

WN/Hertz 2X points (1200 total) PC 154512 & CDP 205418 - EXP EXTENDED- Exp: Jun 30, 2011 - Min: 3 days

WN/Hertz 3X points (1800 total) PC 152725 & CDP 205418 - EXP EXTENDED - Exp: Jun 30, 2011 - Min: 5 days
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
WN/Budget 2X point (1200 total), save 30% MUAZ076 - Exp: June 30, 2011 - Min: 3 days
Append this with the following offers:
WN/Budget 2X point (1200 total), save 30% MUAZ029 - Exp: June 30, 2011 - Min: 3 days
&
WN/Budget 3X point (1800 total), save 30% MUAZ029 - Exp: June 30, 2011 - Min: 5 days
Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:43 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I rented a compact car from Hertz for 1 day using the UK link. This was about 2-3 weeks ago. I am yet to see any VS miles post to my VS account. This offer seems like a real mess.
I just set up in Hertz VS's FFN and if I want , choose it. I always get the 1000 miles. This nonsense of going thru the UK website and trying to get rate w/o the CDW included or min # of rental days has never worked for me. If u get it to show up or anyone else knows how to get extra bonus, plze enlighten me.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
US Air 3K mile bonus with its car rental partners

US Air is giving 3,000 Bonus Dividend Miles when you complete one Qualifying Car Rental by July 31, 11 (between June 1 and July 31, 2011).

US Air has 6 car rental partners with one or more discount offers which can be used in combination with getting the 3K miles bonus:
Alamo
Avis
Budget
Dollar Rent A Car
Hertz
National Car Rental
Sixt rent a car
Thrifty Car Rental
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by rustyr
I just set up in Hertz VS's FFN and if I want , choose it. I always get the 1000 miles. This nonsense of going thru the UK website and trying to get rate w/o the CDW included or min # of rental days has never worked for me. If u get it to show up or anyone else knows how to get extra bonus, plze enlighten me.
I am finally seeing 1000 VS miles have posted and not 3000. So, this promo is indeed not working. I am not going to use Hertz or VS anymore as 1000 miles is not worth the higher Hertz rates. Would shop around for best deal now.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by alxir
US Air is giving 3,000 Bonus Dividend Miles when you complete one Qualifying Car Rental by July 31, 11 (between June 1 and July 31, 2011).

US Air has 6 car rental partners with one or more discount offers which can be used in combination with getting the 3K miles bonus:
Alamo
Avis
Budget
Dollar Rent A Car
Hertz
National Car Rental
Sixt rent a car
Thrifty Car Rental
If I understand this promo correctly, you have to fly, stay at a qualifying hotel partner and rent a car. I would love be wrong here.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
If I understand this promo correctly, you have to fly, stay at a qualifying hotel partner and rent a car. I would love be wrong here.
My bad, I missed that part. In the details it says:
Dividend Miles members will earn 3,000 bonus miles when they complete one Qualifying Flight, one Qualifying Hotel Stay and one Qualifying Car Rental. Only one bonus allowed per member.
Glad I posted this and you caught it so I didn't waste my time with a PC that needs to be combined with a US Air qualifying flight.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:54 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I am finally seeing 1000 VS miles have posted and not 3000. So, this promo is indeed not working. I am not going to use Hertz or VS anymore as 1000 miles is not worth the higher Hertz rates. Would shop around for best deal now.
I use the Virgin FF# to get 1100 miles. (1000 base plus 100 for 5*).

I shop around for the lowest car rental prices. (I prefer to go with 1st/2nd tier agencies--I consider Hertz, National, Avis, Budget 1st tier; Dollar, Thrifty, Enterprise, Alamo 2nd tier). I would only consider a lower tier (3rd like Ace, Fox, etc) if the difference is major. (like $30 vs $100+)

With the decent number of Hertz Local Editions and coupons ($10/day off weekends for example), I end up renting from Hertz between 20-30 times/year.

For my most recent rental @IAH I went with Hertz. I paid $8.50 base (after $10/day coupon) for 2 weekend days. The taxes/fees are a killer. The taxes were $23 for a total of $31.

Bottom line: I like the base Virgin redemption (1100 pts) because I can use coupons and pay no FF fee. As for choosing Hertz or anyone else, it depends on pricing.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by chemist661
I use the Virgin FF# to get 1100 miles. (1000 base plus 100 for 5*).

I shop around for the lowest car rental prices. (I prefer to go with 1st/2nd tier agencies--I consider Hertz, National, Avis, Budget 1st tier; Dollar, Thrifty, Enterprise, Alamo 2nd tier). I would only consider a lower tier (3rd like Ace, Fox, etc) if the difference is major. (like $30 vs $100+)

With the decent number of Hertz Local Editions and coupons ($10/day off weekends for example), I end up renting from Hertz between 20-30 times/year.

For my most recent rental @IAH I went with Hertz. I paid $8.50 base (after $10/day coupon) for 2 weekend days. The taxes/fees are a killer. The taxes were $23 for a total of $31.

Bottom line: I like the base Virgin redemption (1100 pts) because I can use coupons and pay no FF fee. As for choosing Hertz or anyone else, it depends on pricing.
Can you point me to the right place for $10/day off coupon? I frequently rent on weekends and this might work out for me too. Please PM me if you prefer that. TIA.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Can you point me to the right place for $10/day off coupon? I frequently rent on weekends and this might work out for me too. Please PM me if you prefer that. TIA.
Come on!!! Just go to the Hertz page and click on their "Special Offers" tab. Couldn't be easier...

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/q-8455585/save-$10-a-day-up-to-$30-on-a-weekend-rental-special-offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.