FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   (FARE GONE) AV: LAX-LIM $36+, $116 All-in on FareCompare... mistake?! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/807966-fare-gone-av-lax-lim-36-116-all-farecompare-mistake.html)

roadtripman Apr 7, 2008 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Riot_Nrrrd (Post 9524216)
That's got to be one of the most bizarre temperature norms I've ever seen.

Highs that rarely get above the high 60's or max out below the mid 60's? Lows that rarely get below freezing or max out at mid 40's? :confused:

That's like Los Angeles in February, only make it like that all 12 months of the year. Bizarre!

From my experience visiting there, this is incorrect.

Last time I was there was July 2004, and it was very, very cold at night. Probably just below freezing, in the 20's.

During the day, temperatures were in the 40's at most.

This is winter in the high Andes, after all. I think the weather site needs to get its facts straight.

skywalkerLAX Apr 8, 2008 5:46 am

For anyone who is into this deal, the following offer might be interesting:

http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer?OFFER_ID=1382463

Just thought I post it, even though I know most of you guys have short stay dates?

mat1090 Apr 10, 2008 7:15 am

Is this fare gone? I cannot find anything!

MatthewLAX Apr 10, 2008 9:31 am

I don't think the fare is gone, but availablity in K class is now the issue. No K class = no $225 r/t.

peachfront Apr 10, 2008 10:21 am

that's a bug at weatherunderground

I've encountered it for Latin American forecasts before. As my little joke, I call it the "tourist forecast." It's a fantasy world where it's a breezy 60 degrees every night and a beautiful sunny 80 degrees every day. It never rains, of course, this simply wouldn't be allowed. In other words: You believe the "tourist forecast" at your peril.

Not sure it's actually intentional, as I've only found the bug at weatherunderground for Latin American destinations. But I haven't looked real hard for the bug, just happened across it from time to time.

Originally Posted by Riot_Nrrrd (Post 9524216)
That's got to be one of the most bizarre temperature norms I've ever seen.

Highs that rarely get above the high 60's or max out below the mid 60's? Lows that rarely get below freezing or max out at mid 40's? :confused:

That's like Los Angeles in February, only make it like that all 12 months of the year. Bizarre!

zrudeboyz Apr 10, 2008 10:30 pm

I think this might be gone...at least in theory by my source (ITA). I am doing monthlong booking class searches on AV and it's got no K, it's always giving me $626 RT to LIM.

fti Apr 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by zrudeboyz (Post 9553594)
I think this might be gone...at least in theory by my source (ITA). I am doing monthlong booking class searches on AV and it's got no K, it's always giving me $626 RT to LIM.

There is a difference between "fare gone" and "no availability." Fare is not gone but K availability is non existent right now. However, there were reports on previous pages that K class opened up for some dates in the fall.

So perhaps that will happen again and it will make this deal available again.

All that to say 1) keep looking, 2) don't put a "fare gone" in the title just yet.

John

MatthewLAX Apr 11, 2008 3:16 pm

I just re-checked ITA.

K-Class is still available on select dates from LIM-BOG-LAX. Check for returns on Oct 22-25, Nov 5-6. That makes a r/t to Lima $426 and CUZ $428 all/in.

Be sure to search LAX::BOG, LIM::BOG to get these prices.

This fare is still alive and well--it's all about availability now.

AAPlatRN Apr 13, 2008 9:06 am

Originally Posted by zrudeboyz (Post 9553594)

ITA monthlong search is showing plenty of the $426 fare, but I can't find anything cheaper. It seems to be the lax-bog-lim legs that are the issue for k class fares.

zbenye Apr 22, 2008 12:12 am

Can anyone see their reservation on the Avianca website? I booked on Expedia. My Expedia itinerary (LAX-BOG-LIM-CUZ-LIM-BOG-LAX) shows an Avianca confirmation number and a Taca confirmation number. When I try to pull up the Avianca reservation using their confirmation number on their website, it is not recognized. When I try the other number on the Taca website, it does come up, but strangely shows three legs: BOG-LIM-CUZ-LIM, despite BOG-LIM being on Avianca. I'm not worried about this one, but I really would like to see my record on Avianca's website to know that the flights/fare are good, and of course I won't call to inquire...

ranskis Apr 22, 2008 1:08 am

Originally Posted by zbenye (Post 9612431)
Can anyone see their reservation on the Avianca website? I booked on Expedia. My Expedia itinerary (LAX-BOG-LIM-CUZ-LIM-BOG-LAX) shows an Avianca confirmation number and a Taca confirmation number. When I try to pull up the Avianca reservation using their confirmation number on their website, it is not recognized. When I try the other number on the Taca website, it does come up, but strangely shows three legs: BOG-LIM-CUZ-LIM, despite BOG-LIM being on Avianca. I'm not worried about this one, but I really would like to see my record on Avianca's website to know that the flights/fare are good, and of course I won't call to inquire...

an airline usually has access to the leg that is flown previously to its own legs in order to ensure good connection/services. This way, if a passenger is not present on the first flight they have, they can check where he comes from and find out if his incoming flight is delayed. Same with luggage etc. Just normal behavior

MatthewLAX Apr 22, 2008 1:17 am

Originally Posted by zbenye (Post 9612431)

Uh-Oh. I will check on this too. Hopefully there is nothing to worry about.

**Remember: No Phone Calls**

zbenye Apr 22, 2008 6:33 am

Originally Posted by ranskis (Post 9612563)
an airline usually has access to the leg that is flown previously to its own legs in order to ensure good connection/services. This way, if a passenger is not present on the first flight they have, they can check where he comes from and find out if his incoming flight is delayed. Same with luggage etc. Just normal behavior

Now I understand why usairways.com showed my itinerary as FRA-SFO-PHX a couple of months ago when my trip was SFO-(ua)-FRA-(ua)-SFO-(us)-PHX. Thank you ranskis for this tidbit.

Jaimito Cartero Apr 22, 2008 7:15 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 9612589)
Uh-Oh. I will check on this too. Hopefully there is nothing to worry about.

**Remember: No Phone Calls**

Given that the primary deal is way gone, I wouldn't worry too much about calling the airline if you're really concerned about your ticket.

MatthewLAX Apr 22, 2008 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 9613394)
Given that the primary deal is way gone, I wouldn't worry too much about calling the airline if you're really concerned about your ticket.

You could be right, but the fare has not been pulled. If K-class were to open up again, then it appears the $226 deal would be back.