Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Austrian: BKK-VIE direct return for $970

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Don't book error fares and you'll be fine.

If you book error fares, this is part of the game and OS are making a point here.
This is clear and easy to understand.

But I still dont get why OS is wasting resources on this. Even adjusting capacity is an extra work (add several seats to J cabin sale to allow overbooking to cover the seats sold under a mistake fare) is an extra effort and in a normal company this would be a waste of company resources. Then taking someone dedicated to a check in desk is just a complete nonsense. Even if it is a an airport trainee pretending to be a legal counsel he/ she can do a better job with something else. Sorry, but I just don't get it. There should be something I do not see. And I would love to see that.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by ericjee
They will start doing this after 27. Feb, My OTA told me
And this is probably done in a good faith that Expedia and Co contacted all customers with their generous offer And we are still far from there...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:14 am

If you request to cancel the booking, they will charge u cancellation fee $250. If you don’t cancel but decide to take the flight, you will be downgraded. Isn’t it a geniuns way for OS to sell their economic class? They got good deals anyway.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:12 am

Just called OS, they said my booking is valid. I asked them to send me an email to confirm that, they refused to do so. Weird isn’t it?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
But I still dont get why OS is wasting resources on this.
Hardly wasting resources considering how much $ they hold

And what they do is brilliant. Teaching this lesson.
honzeek_cz likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Hardly wasting resources considering how much $ they hold

And what they do is brilliant. Teaching this lesson.
OK but why for example they teach OTA ticket holders in a different way?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:30 am

My friend who booked via Alitrip confirmed OS did not change their offer and they plan to cancel all tickets after 28 February. Pity most OTA never contacted passenger yet... Will it be a surprise for OS? We will see.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:41 pm

can i ask those who booked this fare, are you guys flying from BKK-VIE direct ?

My friend who booked via Alitrip confirmed OS did not change their offer and they plan to cancel all tickets after 28 February. Pity most OTA never contacted passenger yet... Will it be a surprise for OS? We will see.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:35 am

FYI, My reservation was canceled
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:23 am

do you mind sharing some details.. booked via OTA ? flight direct from BKK-VIE ?
Originally Posted by ericjee
FYI, My reservation was canceled
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:59 am

I received this email from OS on Feb 9 for my BKK-VIE direct flight:

"Customers are requested to contact their Travel Agency immediately to review options available to them regarding their reservation and this situation."

Contacted my travel agency and they said everything was good to go. Austrian and Saudia sites show the ticket valid as of today.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:03 pm

Did you call OS ? When is your flight if you dont mind me asking..

Originally Posted by KenGreen888
I received this email from OS on Feb 9 for my BKK-VIE direct flight:

"Customers are requested to contact their Travel Agency immediately to review options available to them regarding their reservation and this situation."

Contacted my travel agency and they said everything was good to go. Austrian and Saudia sites show the ticket valid as of today.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Guess I am a little bit too optimistic about the way OS and Trip.com would handle this mess in my earlier post.

Here’s the follow-up.

A Trip.com agent called me this afternoon. He brought up an extremely amusing logic that I feel obliged to share with you guys.

1. The usual bullsh*t of mistake fare, and it was in Y indeed.

2. Today (4 Mar, 2019) was the last day that you could cancel it at no cost, otherwise you would have to pay a USD 300 cancellation fee.

3. Even if you refuse to cancel it now, OS would not carry you, even in Y class.

So, for your own good, should we just help you cancelling the ticket now?

Pretty amusing, huh?

Last edited by moreismore; Mar 4, 2019 at 8:11 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:56 am

To me this has moved from a 'clerical mistake' to 'gross business negligence' quite a long time ago already

Still curious if Thai Law (as amended by the Junta) gives any special rights to a customer on top of what other jurisdictions would normally give.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
To me this has moved from a 'clerical mistake' to 'gross business negligence' quite a long time ago already

Still curious if Thai Law (as amended by the Junta) gives any special rights to a customer on top of what other jurisdictions would normally give.
I have no idea of Thai laws.
I filed complaints to Hong Kong, mainland China, and Korea agencies though. And according to the Trip.com agent, "Yes, we are aware that you contacted HK Travel Industry Council. But, that is it."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.