Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ZRH to JFK - Air Serbia $576USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Investor 11
I was scheduled for PRG-JFK in February. After the email from Air Serbia came out, I ended up finding a roundtrip J fare on QR out of Europe that got me back to LAX and then back for an Oktoberfest trip I had been planning. I contacted Air Serbia and asked about changing my flight and remaining in J. They processed the change and confirmed me on PRG-JFK toward the end of October. All in all, I'm happy with the how it worked out. I wasn't confident about showing up to the airport and talking my way in to remaining in the booked Business class. However, I've got my fingers crossed that those flying in the next couple weeks end up in the seat they booked.

full re-schedule without reprice?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:10 pm

I was on today's BEG-JFK flight. It was operated by Etihad and the business cabin was only about half full.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Would you mind sharing some pictures from the flight? (Menu, meal, amenity kit)..I guess the CC was also from EY. My cabin shows half full too on my flights last JAN weekend.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
I was on today's BEG-JFK flight. It was operated by Etihad and the business cabin was only about half full.
Would love some info on the flights operated by Etihad... Also flying out of ZRH on the 26
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Would love some info on the flights operated by Etihad... Also flying out of ZRH on the 26
How can you tell if your flight is operated by Eithad? I think mine is air serbia based on the plane and the seat layout (1-1-1 in business), but it seems like a lot of people here are on eithad.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by kbooks66
How can you tell if your flight is operated by Eithad? I think mine is air serbia based on the plane and the seat layout (1-1-1 in business), but it seems like a lot of people here are on eithad.
1-2-1 seating is the giveaway! Plus I think on airline routes or a similar site it said JU 500 was operated certain days by Etihad. I think till late March.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:43 pm

Etihad operates this route from 12 JAN to 14 FEB because of JU 332 maintenance. The seating 1-2-1 means EY 332, 1-1-1 (herringbone) is JU. The crew should be also Etihad, so technically it is Etihad flight under JU code Anybody flies 31 JAN BEG-JFK and 2 FEB JFK-BEG?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Would you mind sharing some pictures from the flight? (Menu, meal, amenity kit)..I guess the CC was also from EY. My cabin shows half full too on my flights last JAN weekend.
I'm on a desktop so no pics yet, but meal service was breakfast and dine-on-demand for the second meal. I'd recommend ordering earlier for the second meal, as they ran out of all main courses about four hours prior to landing.

No amenity kits on this flight, but they do offer turn-down service which is a treat in business class. Interesting to note that while the plane is Etihad's, the crew claimed to be from Air Serbia.

Also, wifi was available, but at a cost of around $20 for 120MB. If anyone has iPass credentials via Airlinecheckins.com, they do get unlimited complimentary WiFi.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:48 pm

It sounds kinda disappointing however for the price...what was the champagne? Thanks for sharing info!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Just finished return flight JFK-BEG.

BEG-JFK:
as was already mentioned, no amenity kits provided on day flight. Didn't have breakfast as felt a sleep very quick On demand food was not bad but run out soon. Only fruit was available 2 hours before arrival.

JFK-BEG:
amenity kit provided and even pyjama! Food was not bad, but you can find better with lot of other airlines.

For that "promo" price was great deal, for full price you can get better service with other airlines. With departure from Prague, it also had very bad connection times and turboprop

Sorry, no pics

Edit: confirmed hotel by Air Serbia was cancelled day before my travel. Luckily there is business lounge (not Air Serbia one) which operates 24/7 and is accessible with business class BP.

Last edited by xmurphy; Jan 20, 2019 at 5:19 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Has anyone been able to find out if it's possible to change the date of the booking? If so, is there a fee? Do they charge the fare difference?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Plat Amex, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Etihad operates this route from 12 JAN to 14 FEB because of JU 332 maintenance. The seating 1-2-1 means EY 332, 1-1-1 (herringbone) is JU. The crew should be also Etihad, so technically it is Etihad flight under JU code Anybody flies 31 JAN BEG-JFK and 2 FEB JFK-BEG?
We will be crossing paths at the airport on Feb 2, as I am flying BEG-JFK that day. I really appreciate the intel. My ticket has stuck after some back and forth with customer service.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:23 am

Live from ZRH to BEG on JU 371!
Be careful if you pre-order meals, gentleman on board ordered a meal and was not loaded...
honzeek_cz and jonapet89 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Live from ZRH to BEG on JU 371!
Be careful if you pre-order meals, gentleman on board ordered a meal and was not loaded...
How about the BEG - JFK segment? What lounge were you allowed to use at JFK?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
I got invitation card for Wingtips on Saturday.

from https://www.airserbia.com/en/all-lounges#link2

Etihad Premium Lounge - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
Wingtips Lounge - Friday, Saturday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.