FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] MH: DEL - JFK $1300 oneway. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1932736-prem-fare-gone-mh-del-jfk-1300-oneway.html)

IAANN Sep 27, 2018 1:57 am

[PREM FARE GONE] MH: DEL - JFK $1300 oneway.

I found a good deal with MH
DEL-NRT-JFK for $1300 in J. Found dates in November.

pandaperth Sep 27, 2018 2:01 am

So, slightly cheaper than the fares in this existing thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...s-1-382-a.html

IAANN Sep 27, 2018 2:07 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth (Post 30251130)
So, slightly cheaper than the fares in this existing thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...s-1-382-a.html

Good catch Pandaperth!
I checked if there was anything recently and couldn't find. Thanks!

Ephlong Sep 27, 2018 2:52 am

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ad3363582a.png

Found for about USD $1270 in december (selected dates)...3 hours 45 mins connection betweeen NRT & HND? Seriously possible?
Let's not forget to factor in MH frequent delays. What if we reach NRT late...the whole plan will be gone!

If you made it, it will be 400 BA TP per way. Good deal!

IAANN Sep 27, 2018 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Ephlong (Post 30251211)

Found for about USD $1270 in december (selected dates)...3 hours 45 mins connection betweeen NRT & HND? Seriously possible?
Let's not forget to factor in MH frequent delays. What if we reach NRT late...the whole plan will be gone!

Yes, works for me.. I have a business meeting in Tokyo so have to stay for the night.. fits very well my plans ! :D

ubiest Sep 27, 2018 3:23 am

you’re shortchanging yourself, you would earn 440 TPs :)

Ephlong Sep 27, 2018 3:44 am

Originally Posted by IAANN (Post 30251235)
Yes, works for me.. I have a business meeting in Tokyo so have to stay for the night.. fits very well my plans ! :D

How are you able to add a day layover without getting fare change?

knit-in Sep 27, 2018 7:35 am

Used to be that they sold a NRT-NRT-JFK connection on JL. The layover was long, but for the price it was great. Now, that DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK fare comes out to be more than three times the DEL-KUL-NRT-HND-JFK price.

flyingislove Sep 27, 2018 7:54 am

Maybe it’s due to the long layover between arrival and MH9104 (the flight from NRT-JFK)?

knit-in Sep 27, 2018 9:34 am

Originally Posted by flyingislove (Post 30252023)
Maybe it’s due to the long layover between arrival and MH9104 (the flight from NRT-JFK)?

I've flown it with the long layover last year. I doubt if I'll ever have the courage to take a chance with the NRT to HND transfer in that short period of time.

thelister Sep 27, 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 30252362)
I've flown it with the long layover last year. I doubt if I'll ever have the courage to take a chance with the NRT to HND transfer in that short period of time.

Does anyone know if I miss the flight (given that it's the same ticket), whether or not they will rebook me on the next flight? Thanks.

Beltway2A Sep 27, 2018 10:55 am

I'm seeing BLR as an additional gateway for most dates in November, MAA is roughly $100 more.

knit-in Sep 27, 2018 10:57 am

Originally Posted by thelister (Post 30252382)
Does anyone know if I miss the flight (given that it's the same ticket), whether or not they will rebook me on the next flight? Thanks.

Can't speak for everyone, but I sure wouldn't take the chance, being that you might have to deal with MH to rebook.

BuildingMyBento Sep 28, 2018 12:15 pm

I'd say 3 hours 45 min is doable, in spite of the increase in traffic at NRT immigration.
(I did this transfer one month ago, at around 7am- it took around two hours.)

ashkale Oct 2, 2018 6:15 pm

MH codeshares on QR with Doh connections are now possible- however price isnt really attractive, NRT-JFK is possible via a TA provided the booking classes are available.

onobond Oct 3, 2018 2:11 am

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 30272142)
MH codeshares on QR with Doh connections are now possible- however price isnt really attractive, NRT-JFK is possible via a TA provided the booking classes are available.

What routing are you suggesting here, and what is the not "really attractive" price?

ashkale Oct 3, 2018 2:46 am

India-kul-doh- usa~ Rs 150k one way.

onobond Oct 3, 2018 12:00 pm

Something familiar with this thread, this fare was posted before, in April this year: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1905171-mh-jl-one-way-del-kul-nrt-jfk-ord-bos-business-1-382-a.html

When that thread was started it was pointed out there was already a thread from 2 years ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1758725-mh-india-jfk-bos-ord-1369-o-w.html

Mod alert - merge?

onobond Oct 3, 2018 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 30273359)

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30273301)

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 30272142)

What routing are you suggesting here, and what is the not "really attractive" price?

India-kul-doh- usa~ Rs 150k one way.

OK, but where do you fit in the NRT-JFK segment in that itinerary?

stephem Oct 3, 2018 1:23 pm

BTW, there is a similar variant India-ORD for this you can get it to take it with AA metal (MH coded) for NRT-ORD. The worst part about all of these fares is finding either a daytime flight for the first segment or an aircraft with a decent seat to sleep for the her Renda‘s Lee short overnight segment between India and KUL.

Agree these all should be merged into the old thread from a couple of years ago.

flying MD Oct 3, 2018 5:03 pm

MH coded flight, but operated by JL between HND and JFK, will I earn EQM/EQD on AA? AA website says that miles can only be earned on MH flights operated/coded between Asia and Asia/Europe/ME and SP.

onobond Oct 4, 2018 12:16 am

Originally Posted by flying MD (Post 30276013)
MH coded flight, but operated by JL between HND and JFK, will I earn EQM/EQD on AA? AA website says that miles can only be earned on MH flights operated/coded between Asia and Asia/Europe/ME and SP.

The language is crisp and clear, nothing earned on AA on the MH coded JL TPAC segment. As I had another matter for the EXP desk I checked with the agent, who at first said an OW Partner Business flight would earn, but after looking more closely into the matter, she was surprised to find this flight not qualified for earning.

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for checking for us all ^ . That will kill the deal for me, this fare would have been a good earning to keep the EXP on AA. The same routing with TYO-JFK on JL prefix is $8K+ :eek:

ashkale Oct 4, 2018 2:33 am

Have definitely heard of miles being posted, the language is outdated. Also back in 2013 my MH operated kul-nrt-Lax flights posted without any problems.

JJeffrey Oct 4, 2018 4:56 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30276989)
The language is crisp and clear, nothing earned on AA on the MH coded JL TPAC segment. As I had another matter for the EXP desk I checked with the agent, who at first said an OW Partner Business flight would earn, but after looking more closely into the matter, she was surprised to find this flight not qualified for earning.

This is 100% incorrect in spite of what the agent told you. Most AA agents have no idea about this kind of stuff and will just look at aa.com like anyone else.

The "Earn and Redeem Miles Between..." language you're referring to is only meant as a rough guide of where each partner carrier operates their own metal, not as a hard and fast list of flights that do or do not earn miles on AA. MH does not operate any of it's own metal to North America, so North America is not listed there.

Any flights that will not earn AA miles are specifically called out under the "Exceptions" area below. For MH, it lists the following:

Flights operated by Firefly and MAS wings are not eligible for Elite Qualifying Credits or award mileage accrual or redemption.
An MH coded JL operated TPAC flight has always earned AA miles according to the MH table.

knit-in Oct 4, 2018 6:43 am

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for checking for us all ^ . That will kill the deal for me, this fare would have been a good earning to keep the EXP on AA. The same routing with TYO-JFK on JL prefix is $8K+ :eek:

The language is not a 100% correct. It simply implies the regions MH flies their own metal to. I got full credit for my MH ticketed JL metal flight NRT-JFK post to AA. It took some time and a couple of calls, but there was never any resistance to getting full credit and whatever bonuses were due.

nov11 Oct 4, 2018 9:13 am

You'll definitely get the EQD, EQM and RDM for your MH coded, JL operated TPAC flights (even on TPE/HKT-NRT flights which MH codeshares on). You'll get MH's Z class points (0.20 EQD, 1 EQS, 150% EQM and 220% RDM for EP).

I don't know of any restrictions on mileage earning for a OW-coded and OW-operated flight on AA. You'll just earn whatever the OW-coded flight earns according to AA's OW charts as long as it's operated by OW carriers.

Gino Troian Oct 4, 2018 10:04 am

Round trip is @ $2,400 which is very attractive! ^

onobond Oct 4, 2018 11:49 am

Ok guys, I'd be happy to have the agent corrected, I was merely quoting the EXP agent, as very clearly stated. So please don't shoot the messenger :p

After reading the first post implicating I might have been provided with incorrect information, I called the EXP desk again. This agent also interpreted the rules as non-earning, as neither being intraasian nor Asia to Europe, Middle East or South Pacific. After quoting statements of other pax actually earning, she talked to her supervisor, who was unsure, but probably would earn, and told her to refer me to Aadvantage CS.

They opened an hour later, and initial response again was no. After consulting with her supervisor, he said it would earn. To be on the safe side, he had it confirmed by his superior.

To have anything in writing to quote and post here, I was referred back to the EXP desk, with an agent again saying NO. She offered to make a mock reservation and came up with DEL-KUL(MH)-NRT(MH)-JFK (AA code-share/JL metal) where, unsurprisingly, all segments earned (!). She took her mock booking and my intended flight numbers and consulted with her supervisor, who was very distinct in that the all-MH-coded journey definitely would earn. Nobody could/would provide me with the writing for this, the agent, who previously read the initial paragraph on AA earning on MH on the AA website together with me, now tried to convince me she didn't have access to the internet (!!!).

So, an unnecessary waste of time, and with nothing written to back it up, the 'consensus' among supervisors today means I'll continue with plans for using this fare early next year.

Oh, and can you guess what the mock reservation priced out at? $10K+ ! :eek:

JJeffrey Oct 4, 2018 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30278885)
Ok guys, I'd be happy to have the agent corrected, I was merely quoting the EXP agent, as very clearly stated. So please don't shoot the messenger :p

After reading the first post implicating I might have been provided with incorrect information, I called the EXP desk again. This agent also interpreted the rules as non-earning, as neither being intraasian nor Asia to Europe, Middle East or South Pacific. After quoting statements of other pax actually earning, she talked to her supervisor, who was unsure, but probably would earn, and told her to refer me to Aadvantage CS.

They opened an hour later, and initial response again was no. After consulting with her supervisor, he said it would earn. To be on the safe side, he had it confirmed by his superior.

To have anything in writing to quote and post here, I was referred back to the EXP desk, with an agent again saying NO. She offered to make a mock reservation and came up with DEL-KUL(MH)-NRT(MH)-JFK (AA code-share/JL metal) where, unsurprisingly, all segments earned (!). She took her mock booking and my intended flight numbers and consulted with her supervisor, who was very distinct in that the all-MH-coded journey definitely would earn. Nobody could/would provide me with the writing for this, the agent, who previously read the initial paragraph on AA earning on MH on the AA website together with me, now tried to convince me she didn't have access to the internet (!!!).

So, an unnecessary waste of time, and with nothing written to back it up, the 'consensus' among supervisors today means I'll continue with plans for using this fare early next year.

Oh, and can you guess what the mock reservation priced out at? $10K+ ! :eek:

No shooting the messenger, but this aa.com language has been this way forever, and it's not surprising at all that most EXP agents also don't have a clue as they receive zero training on this type of question. Many AA agents these days can barely book a paid domestic trip from A to B, so trying to get clarification on a complex partner earning question will be a complete waste of time as you said. They are just reading that aa.com page (probably for the first time) and trying to interpret it on the fly.

Again, that section is only a rough guide of where AA and each partner airline operate their own metal flights. If you look at the AA page, for example, it doesn't list the Middle East, because AA doesn't fly it's own metal to the Middle East. By this line of thinking, then an AA codeshare flight on BA from say LHR-DXB wouldn't earn any miles because AA didn't list the ME in that section. We all know that's not true.

akhibhag Oct 4, 2018 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 30279188)
No shooting the messenger, but this aa.com language has been this way forever, and it's not surprising at all that most EXP agents also don't have a clue as they receive zero training on this type of question. Many AA agents these days can barely book a paid domestic trip from A to B, so trying to get clarification on a complex partner earning question will be a complete waste of time as you said. They are just reading that aa.com page (probably for the first time) and trying to interpret it on the fly.

Again, that section is only a rough guide of where AA and each partner airline operate their own metal flights. If you look at the AA page, for example, it doesn't list the Middle East, because AA doesn't fly it's own metal to the Middle East. By this line of thinking, then an AA codeshare flight on BA from say LHR-DXB wouldn't earn any miles because AA didn't list the ME in that section. We all know that's not true.

for what its worth, I have taken this route
twice now and have earned no miles on AA.

FlyingFrZ Oct 4, 2018 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by akhibhag (Post 30280256)

Curious if you called AA customer service to see if they'll credit you?

knit-in Oct 4, 2018 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ (Post 30280374)
Curious if you called AA customer service to see if they'll credit you?

HUCA if you have called and didn't get the miles. You should.

JJeffrey Oct 5, 2018 5:41 am

Yes, there's a big difference between a flight not posting automatically due to a system glitch (who knows, happens from time to time especially on partner flights) and a flight not posting because it's not eligible for mileage accrual by policy.

To clarify the above, you need to call AAdvantage Customer Service, not the normal reservations number, and they will be able to credit those segments.

stefg1007 Oct 5, 2018 7:05 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 30279188)
Many AA agents these days can barely book a paid domestic trip from A to B, so trying to get clarification on a complex partner earning question will be a complete waste of time as you said.

Can't agree more. I've recently found the normal DL service line was better than the AA EXP line.

I will be flying this route in a month - will see what happens.

akhibhag Oct 6, 2018 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in (Post 30280447)
HUCA if you have called and didn't get the miles. You should.

i did call and submit copies of boarding passes as well but didnt get the credit. Admittedly I didnt follow up again as I have moved all of my flying spend to Star Alliance.

worldtraveler303 Nov 7, 2019 3:09 pm

So I have one of these booked for Dec. Have been trying and trying to get it changed. There is C and D inventory on the flights and expert flyer shows the fare as existing into March. But the call center is useless. I have been emailing customer support and they are claiming it will be $5000 (even on dates where I see the fare buckets). So I guess I just cancel and give up?

erik123 Nov 8, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303 (Post 31712811)
So I have one of these booked for Dec. Have been trying and trying to get it changed. There is C and D inventory on the flights and expert flyer shows the fare as existing into March. But the call center is useless. I have been emailing customer support and they are claiming it will be $5000 (even on dates where I see the fare buckets). So I guess I just cancel and give up?

If you haven't flown the first leg they will reprice the ticket if the fare (not the booking class) is not available. Can you book it at the new date at the same fare? If not, you can't rebook at the same price.

onobond Jan 19, 2020 4:48 am

Just stumbled over this thread again, and thought I'd report on the miles credit.

Having registered my AA FFP #, I actually was surprised to find the DEL-KUL and HND-JFK segments credited within a week and a half. Calling the EXP desk, transfered to CS that could see my registration and said they would "work on it". Immediately recieved an email saying process could take up to 30 working days (!).
Two days later, however, the KUL-NRT segment was also in my account, in good time to have my requalification for EXP 2019 done.

Has anyone any news of this fare has been permanently pulled? For some months now, I'm only getting prices of $10.000+, which doesn't seem like any deal to me :eek:

CruisingAltitude47 Feb 8, 2020 12:11 pm

Flew this a bit ago, and as another data point for anyone still flying it (or if it comes back) had no issues with the miles for all segments posting to AA easily. Glitches were only an international (CMB) to international (KUL) transit in BLR that confused airport staff but worked out in the end, and having a NRT-HND train transfer, which was fine, just took some doing. For a trip report, almost finished putting together the video series if it helps anyone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...34uFUZk2fDVxeq

stephem Feb 8, 2020 5:12 pm

Pretty sure this one wont come back anytime soon. Due to safety downgrading, MH cannot code share to the US. This fare requires that and so i think was pulled as a result.