Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

BA MAN>LHR>DUB - A few questions for 160 TP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold

Hello All,

I have a few questions on the below that I'll keep brief for the ease of you busy people.

1. I am right in thinking this would earn 160TP?
  2. From the Northwest would there be a cheaper way of doing this?
  3. Would this itinerary allow enough time for the relevant turnarounds? If i missed the start of the home leg would BA have to help?
Many thanks all in advance
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tb10

I am right in thinking this would earn 160TP?
Yes - but why not just use the BA flight calculator if you are unsure?

From the Northwest would there be a cheaper way of doing this?
Yes; select Economy class, or fly direct on either EI or FR.

Would this itinerary allow enough time for the relevant turnarounds? If i missed the start of the home leg would BA have to help?
Airlines are not in the habit of selling connections that are not feasible. If you do buy all travel on a single ticket, and you cannot make one of the connections, the airline will be required to rebook you.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold
Thanks for that.

I was confident on the TP value but just wasn't sure if I'd get each segment as I was booking MAN > DUB officially.

Thanks again for this. I meant though is there a cheaper way to earn the 160 TP.

Much appreciated.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks again for this. I meant though is there a cheaper way to earn the 160 TP.
If it has to be 160TP, and has to be that day, then it looks like you have the cheapest flight available.

(If, rather than doing all travel on one day, you can take the return on a later date - i.e. requiring a separate ticket from/to DUB - you can bring the price down to £272, though this involves the direct nonstop BA DUB-MAN service so would cut your earnings to 120 TP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.