Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MIA-GRU under $400 Biz class B787

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] MIA-GRU under $400 Biz class B787

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by solewalker
Anyway, for those who are using this for status purposes, here goes (I am working on Delta). I managed to book it into I fare on Expedia:

Miles Flown: 11,776
MQM: 17664
MQD: $4710
RDM: 23,552 (No status); 28,262 (Silver); 30,617 (Gold); 32,972 (Plat); 37,683 (Diam)

This looks pretty good as usually I keep my status with AA.

If I see this correctly I would be pretty close to hitting the silver status. However for the MQD: would I really receive the full amount?

thanks
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by miami355
This looks pretty good as usually I keep my status with AA.

If I see this correctly I would be pretty close to hitting the silver status. However for the MQD: would I really receive the full amount?

thanks
I'm also mostly an AA flyer, and this is my first year trying out Delta. I have no experience with Aeromexico, but one J flight on China Eastern got me $6000 MQD. Depending on which particular partner, Delta tends to be more generous than AA in awarding partner MQD. I believe that AA's partner J EQD maxes out at 25% miles flown, whereas Delta's partner MQD tops out at 40% miles flown.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:45 am

What website you use to choose the seats? https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/man...ooking/options is failing on me but someone used some other website?

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by abcpp
What website you use to choose the seats? www.aeromexico is failing on me but someone used some other website?

Thanks!

I booked through Expedia.com and was able to via Expedia website. Orbitz should be the same. Not sure on any other sites.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by solewalker
I'm also mostly an AA flyer, and this is my first year trying out Delta. I have no experience with Aeromexico, but one J flight on China Eastern got me $6000 MQD. Depending on which particular partner, Delta tends to be more generous than AA in awarding partner MQD. I believe that AA's partner J EQD maxes out at 25% miles flown, whereas Delta's partner MQD tops out at 40% miles flown.
Actually, AA does allow up to 30cpm flown in some cases to be credited to EQD's
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:13 pm

What website you use to choose the seats aeromexico is failing on me but someone used some other website?

Thanks!
those that booked with Expedia and orbitz were able to choose seats. Not sure about the other sites.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
What website you use to choose the seats? https://www.aeromexico.com/en-us/man...ooking/options is failing on me but someone used some other website?
I booked on Delta.com and was able to select seats.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,

those that booked with Expedia and orbitz were able to choose seats. Not sure about the other sites.
Interesting. I had two flights booked on Orbitz but I cannot choose a seat on neither Orbitz or Aeromexico site. It did automatically assign 1A for all my itinerary though.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: latam
Hello!
I managed to buy 2 tickets. What is the best plan for me to score my miles for status?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:09 pm
AOH

Originally Posted by juliomartinsbra
Hello!
I managed to buy 2 tickets. What is the best plan for me to score my miles for status?
Probably credit to Delta Skymiles if you are starting from scratch and US-based
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:49 pm

I had 1A's pre-selected for me on all 4 legs when I checked my reservation the first few days after making the reservation. I couldn't change them on AM's website. I logged in today and am now able to change seats.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by c5ruzr
I had 1A's pre-selected for me on all 4 legs when I checked my reservation the first few days after making the reservation. I couldn't change them on AM's website. I logged in today and am now able to change seats.
Just checked and still doesn't work for me. I am going to guess it has to do with how far the date is away since my first flight is mid-Nov.

Starting to feel pretty confident this is going to stick.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by xedubx
Just checked and still doesn't work for me. I am going to guess it has to do with how far the date is away since my first flight is mid-Nov.

Starting to feel pretty confident this is going to stick.

which site did you book with?

Last edited by miami355; Jun 25, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:31 pm

which site did you book with?
Orbitz. And no, I never call the airline until everything is good. I'll be perfectly fine in 1A if needs be.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:26 am

Not sure if this works for you, but there seems to be different aero mexico landing sites. I was able to change my seat on the "world" url. https://world.aeromexico.com/en/mana...-trip/?site=us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.