Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] QR J: £1366 MAN - AKL Round Trip - Wide Open...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] QR J: £1366 MAN - AKL Round Trip - Wide Open...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
As mentioned by @Raffles on HFP, it is likely that the DOH-AKL segment would be operated by a 777 on a 2x2x2 configuration... it would be enough to put me off if travelling alone.

Any way to get around it?
if you don’t want someone sitting next to you, you can always ask when you check in. I’m on my OSK-AKL right now and I find the seat comfortable for the 16 hr flight.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:59 pm

Programs: qantas singapore american united
Would it be a problem if you flew MAN DOH AKL, then just AKL DOH and not use the last leg DOH MAN?

Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: British Airways
Not at all
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by R380
Would it be a problem if you flew MAN DOH AKL, then just AKL DOH and not use the last leg DOH MAN?

Thanks
not at all
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by R380

Thanks
Possible, but only if you travel with hang luggage. Otherwise they will check your bagage through towards MAN.
Option would be to plan a stopover in Doha for 1 night, get your luggage and go to the hotel and then mis your MAN connection ;-)

But would you really want to mis a nice 5* service on the excellent 787 in Business for 6 hours (and miles / Tier points etc)
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:45 am

Is a stopover in OZ possible with this fare? Or even an open jaw?

thanks OP for sharing this!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I will probably drive to MAN, so it may take as long as flying to OSL :-)
This is great for those living in the North, but for those in LON this is honestly no easier or cheaper than flying from OSL or ARN to me (BA flights to MAN are basically the same price as OSL)!

Still debating booking LHR-AKL though, as additional £400 probably more than paid for by QR lounge at LHR, plus several hours saved, plus no need to pay to get to MAN / hotel overnight
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is great for those living in the North, but for those in LON this is honestly no easier or cheaper than flying from OSL or ARN to me (BA flights to MAN are basically the same price as OSL)!

Still debating booking LHR-AKL though, as additional £400 probably more than paid for by QR lounge at LHR, plus several hours saved, plus no need to pay to get to MAN / hotel overnight
definitely makes sense to go from LHR if flying solo but if with other parties then considerable saving from other route
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

Now you know how us folks feel up North when we have to travel out of London This is why, travelling on QR out of Scandinavia is easier for us since short flight form MAN to OSL/ CPH/ ARN etc.
Having said that, if you plan ahead, you can get train from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly and then change over to train to Manchester airport. Tickets are cheap if booked in advance and usually about 3 hours.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Hope someone can offer some advice. Having issues booking these flights - yes I know I'm late!

If I use the original google flight link posted at the beginning I can see £590 back from AKL to MAN on Qatar website. If I use google flights for late October/early November seems to be plenty of availability but when I click through to Qatar its all £6K+.

Seem to get different results showing on Qatar website from google (lower) to booking at Qatar direct (higher). Have cleared cache, etc

Didn't have this issue with HND flights last year !?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Seem to get different results showing on Qatar website from google (lower) to booking at Qatar direct (higher). Have cleared cache, etc
QR is one of those carriers where the ITA Matrix often had conflicting results (showing inventory that is gone). FWIW it seems that these problems have gotten worse recently. I had similar issues earlier this year when booking QR flights. The best option is probably to check directly on Qatar. It's not great as you'll have to try multiple times when looking for OJs. It has a "more dates" button to see 15 days.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by WorldLux
QR is one of those carriers where the ITA Matrix often had conflicting results (showing inventory that is gone). FWIW it seems that these problems have gotten worse recently. I had similar issue earlier this year when booking QR flights. The best option is probably to check directly on Qatar. It's not great as you'll have to try multiple times when looking for OJs. It has a "more dates" button to see 15 days.
The Qatar website seems to be inconsistent. Dates that were showing £6K a few minutes ago are now showing some availability at 1.3K. Search again they are again. Change browser and search again and they are back.

Very frustrating but seem to have some date pairs October/November that seem to work - am going to hold! until SWMBO home
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Hope someone can offer some advice. Having issues booking these flights - yes I know I'm late!

If I use the original google flight link posted at the beginning I can see £590 back from AKL to MAN on Qatar website. If I use google flights for late October/early November seems to be plenty of availability but when I click through to Qatar its all £6K+.

Didn't have this issue with HND flights last year !?
Google is not refreshing current prices quick enough. These low prices disappear from the website while you browse. You have to check prices directly and check different dates until you find lower prices. It's also possible that most tickets are gone by now. Had it yesterday when buying second ticket.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
I just booked for September a few minutes ago directly on QR website without any problems. I don't have any oneworld status at all and I'm not familiar with the various programmes. Is it possible to get oneworld sapphire with this, or might the best option be to credit to BAEC and take an additional 4 BA (or equivalent) flights?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew_G
I just booked for September a few minutes ago directly on QR website without any problems. I don't have any oneworld status at all and I'm not familiar with the various programmes. Is it possible to get oneworld sapphire with this, or might the best option be to credit to BAEC and take an additional 4 BA (or equivalent) flights?
yes you can get ba silver with this which is sapphire I would credit this to ba but as you said you would need to take 4 BA flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.