Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] RJ 54th Anniversary Sale: CAI-JFK/ORD $1000 Business rt and More

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] RJ 54th Anniversary Sale: CAI-JFK/ORD $1000 Business rt and More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by am350
Reminder to anyone booking, not sure if it's common knowledge: don't forget your original credit card you used with booking when you take your flight! My Chase Sapphire Reserve was used for fraudulent charges 2 days before I left for Amman on RJ over this Thanksgiving, and so they overnighted me a replacement. I didn't bring the original with me. Turns out, RJ agents cannot "open" the ticket to check you in without your original credit card. One supervisor politely told us we'd have to book another ticket, with no sympathy for the dramatic cost increase there would be in booking one last minute (he finally relented by "taking on the risk himself" after almost an hour and my girlfriend feigning tears). Then, when checking in for our flight back to JFK from AMM, it took over 2 hours for them to get someone on the phone who was willing to override and open the ticket, and we almost missed our flight. .
Thanks for the info.

Incase anyone was wondering, this is written in the confirmation email.

"Payment Card holder must be traveling with the passenger and should present the Card used to purchase the ticket(s) (purchased from RJ.COM) at the check-in counter for verification. Royal Jordanian reserves that right to deny boarding any passenger who fails to represent the payment Card used to purchase his ticket(purchased from RJ.COM).If Card holder is not traveling with the passenger then passenger has to present the original Payment Card used to purchase the ticket(s) (purchased from RJ.COM) and a copy of Card Holder passport/ National ID at the check-in counter for verification to be able to travel. Royal Jordanian reserves that right to deny boarding any passenger who fails to comply. In case of an expired / stolen payment card before departure date, a formal letter should be provided from the issuer bank which proves identity, all required information of the card holder and the previous stolen/expired card number, which is mandatory to be sent to the [email protected] prior departure date, as it is not acceptable to be provided at the airport."
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
i think its over .... i had one teed up and time ran out .... right about to pay and ... fare lost
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
got through and fare no good THB 186,000 BKK-JFK so it appears sale pricing over.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec. Plat.)
Got it -- with 12 minutes to go. $1950 r/t ORD-AMM in biz (booked in I). Great deal!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: NZ
Seems to be over now - the clock has ticked to 16 December in Jordan
I very much wanted to book CAI/BKK one way at $409 but I couldn't find the booking class in the limited time I had. With QFF I class does not get anything.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:21 pm

was looking last night but KUL and BKK kept getting errors. wonder if they're purposely blocking the sale for ex-seasia route.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Anyone was able to book TLV-USA?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec. Plat.)
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Yes, I did. Booked ORD-AMM and TLV-ORD.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by photographer2012
I didn't book but had it on the payment page. It was about $1300 round trip. Would have been so much easier to convince myself if could be one way since we have a wedding in TLV this year but one way priced around $3000.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

TLV-ORD was also available when I was searching, $1500 for my dates.

I guess mods can move this now that the sale is over
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:05 am

I got a one-way TLV-LHR for USD370 in business. The fare had been just under USD700 a week earlier. A great deal, booked into C class, with the 787 on the AMM-LHR portion. 180 Tier Points in the BAEC, which will be helpful for retaining me BA Gold.

Started following RJ on Facebook early this year - given their edgy social media advertising - and this popped up on there.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:53 pm

Has anyone's CC been processed for their fare? Mine's still pending, it's been 4 days.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by caburrito
Has anyone's CC been processed for their fare? Mine's still pending, it's been 4 days.
Yes, processed last night
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
The HKG option was quite an attractive option as the low/zero tax redemptions out of there with one world were good.
I decided against the trip because of the BKK technical stop and because I've been spoilt by QR. I also messed up the dates!
I was interested to know whether you get tier/segment points and extra miles for the technical stop as the flight numbers are the same. I couldn't get a definitive answer when I searched on FT.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to provide an update.

Took my CAI-AMM-ORD flight yesterday and, as some mentioned, RJ did in fact ask for the original credit card when checking in. The counter agent said my tickets were "suspended" and I needed to provide the original payment method. Having been prepared I handed over the card I used and tickets were printed in a few min.

Thanks for the heads up guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.