FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] LAX to LET rt , LATAM Sept/Oct $365 credit to Alaska ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1852614-fare-gone-lax-let-rt-latam-sept-oct-365-credit-alaska.html)

Quail Jul 10, 2017 11:46 am

Same. As far as I can tell it's dead.

Mauibaby2008 Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Dead as a door nail, thanks for playing !

$572 RT now out of LAX

ryan754 Jul 10, 2017 8:23 pm

I've been denied miles on LATAM domestic flights and I believe any LATAM Colombia flight. I'm gonna look into it nonetheless!

Mauibaby2008 Jul 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by ryan754 (Post 28544811)
I've been denied miles on LATAM domestic flights and I believe any LATAM Colombia flight. I'm gonna look into it nonetheless!

I have received credit for every LATAM flight even intra Peru ones I'm not sure why it wouldn't credit for you? The only flight from this fare that was LATAM Colombia was the BOG LET BOG legs, which are 680 miles. However I have checked the flight numbers and per Alaska's page LATAM flights 4000-4943 qualify, and these are flight #s 4042 and 4045 so they will credit thankfully.

i know last year I tried crediting BOG MIA legs from LATAM Colombia to Alaska and was pretty disappointed to find out otherwise,

all of this is moot however as the fare is dead

Mauibaby2008 Sep 29, 2017 2:06 am

Did anybody else book and fly this fare?

I spent 1 overnight in Leticia and boy was it an experience. Very hot, muggy, no hotels to speak of and not many air conditioners that is for sure. No AC in the airport, although, across the street they are actually building a (massive) looking airport .. I think it will be beautiful when complete.

I was not aware of this but every arriving passenger must pay 10USD before exiting baggage. We ended up renting an Airbnb for one night, walking distance from the airport. Most of the people we met there were incredibly nice, including our Airbnb hosts. Due to LATAM losing my luggage we did not do much, but I would suggest paying the small fee to the church in the main square to take the staircase to the top of the bell tower. It was a really nice, and you can see the Amazon river from the top of it as well.

Overall a good experience for the price and earned a bunch of Alaska miles in the process.

laptoptravel Sep 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 28545107)
I have received credit for every LATAM flight even intra Peru ones I'm not sure why it wouldn't credit for you? The only flight from this fare that was LATAM Colombia was the BOG LET BOG legs, which are 680 miles. However I have checked the flight numbers and per Alaska's page LATAM flights 4000-4943 qualify, and these are flight #s 4042 and 4045 so they will credit thankfully.

i know last year I tried crediting BOG MIA legs from LATAM Colombia to Alaska and was pretty disappointed to find out otherwise,

all of this is moot however as the fare is dead

Per Alaska:

"Miles may not be earned in Q or G class of service on flights within Ecuador, and M, L, V, Q, or S classes of service on flights within Peru. Miles may not be earned on M, L, V, S, N, Q, or G classes of service on flights within Argentina, and N, Q, or G classes of service on flights within Chile."

Voldoo Oct 3, 2017 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 28872455)
Did anybody else book and fly this fare?

I spent 1 overnight in Leticia and boy was it an experience. Very hot, muggy, no hotels to speak of and not many air conditioners that is for sure. No AC in the airport, although, across the street they are actually building a (massive) looking airport .. I think it will be beautiful when complete.

I was not aware of this but every arriving passenger must pay 10USD before exiting baggage. We ended up renting an Airbnb for one night, walking distance from the airport. Most of the people we met there were incredibly nice, including our Airbnb hosts. Due to LATAM losing my luggage we did not do much, but I would suggest paying the small fee to the church in the main square to take the staircase to the top of the bell tower. It was a really nice, and you can see the Amazon river from the top of it as well.

Overall a good experience for the price and earned a bunch of Alaska miles in the process.

Yes, I booked and flew this fare over Labor Day. Agree on Leticia......very interesting place to see, but not much there are all to do unless you are starting an Amazon cruise.

To address you other post, initially AS only credited me for the return flight from LIM to LAX. I contacted them after 14 days with copies of my reservations/boarding passes and they credited my ALL my remaining segments:

• LAX:LIM
  • LIM:BOG
  • BOG:LET
  • LET:BOG
  • BOG:LIM
In the end I received about 33K RQMs with my Gold Status.