FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1807794-prem-fare-gone-flr-hkg-icn-nrt-dus-770-j.html)

CosmicGirl Mar 8, 2017 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 28010413)
I was not implying anything at all nor have I thought you were offending anyone (I know we live in funny times but seriously...), it was just a bit random without knowing what you were referring to, but you kindly explained (said by somebody who gets comments concerning his thick northern English accent at all times :p).

G

Exaclty. If anything, the man with the accent could've said the exact same thing about my South of the border G.

jbalmuth Mar 8, 2017 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 28010411)

Was your original onward flight from CDG also an Alitalia codeshare on AF metal? If so, did they also change this to AF code too? I am in a similar boat. I do not mind the FLR-CDG changing from AZ to AF but I am less keen on the onward long-haul changing from AZ D class to AF I class, as it would mean moving from 200% earning to 150% earning in Flying Blue. Normally, they cannot issue a ticket with an AZ code on a long-haul ex-CDG unless the connector is already on an AZ code but I also know that sometimes agents have greater flexibility when rerouting in irrops so I wondered what they would do here. If they are going to recode the long-haul to AF if the FLR-CDG is also changed, then I think that I would prefer to stick to a FLR-FCO-CDG reroute under AZ code instead of the direct FLR-CDG AF flight so as to keep the long haul flight under AZ code too.

There was no change of booking class; only the flight numbers changed. My original tickets were FLR - CDG - XXX operated by AF but ticketed as AZ codeshares in C class. The new tickets are FLR - CDG - XXX operated by AF but now ticketed as AF in C class. [Subsequent to the re-ticketing, I was able to get the exact same seats reassigned on AF's website.] Hope this helps.

pbd456 Mar 9, 2017 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth (Post 28011772)
There was no change of booking class; only the flight numbers changed. My original tickets were FLR - CDG - XXX operated by AF but ticketed as AZ codeshares in C class. The new tickets are FLR - CDG - XXX operated by AF but now ticketed as AF in C class. [Subsequent to the re-ticketing, I was able to get the exact same seats reassigned on AF's website.] Hope this helps.

thanks for head up.

I just check my PNR. It was FLR CDG ICN, and it is now FLR - FCO (in Y) - CDG.
The problem is that it will misconnect at CDG for my next leg to ICN.

It is ticketed by AF via expedia uk. Any advice? Should I leave it as it until I fly or within 2 weeks?

thierry Mar 9, 2017 4:34 pm

I have the same problem :
Just got a message from AF that my flight FLR-AMS operated by KL has been changed by AZ into a FLR-FCO in Y connecting to FCO-AMS in C. However I arrive one hour later after my connecting KL flight to CPT is gone.
My ticket is 074 stock so i guess KL will be happy to put me on their KL FLR-AMS as originally issued, that way i won't have any AZ flight left on that itinerary

Lets see what happen

NickB Mar 9, 2017 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth (Post 28011772)

Thanks for this so it sounds like they will recode the onward flight from CDG under AF code. Not as bad as changing it to I class but AF C class is still fewer miles than under AZ code (175% instead of 200%). Oh well. Worst things happen at sea, I suppose.

ViktorZ Mar 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by thierry (Post 28016013)
My ticket is 074 stock so i guess KL will be happy to put me on their KL FLR-AMS

I have 074 too and in result find that KLM office directly instructed agents in written not to replace AZ flights by KL flights. So KLM not cancelling ticket, point that only agent able to make changes, prohibit agent to make changes. Brilliant logic :)
I wonder if in the end of Q1 AZ should settle the balance with AF-KLM and pay for business cabin seats on codeshares so real reason why KLM not cancelling tickets now is hope to sell them to at high price). Btw, AF allowed agents to fix 055 tickets by replacing AZ flights to AF flights. But not KLM

ViktorZ Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 28015175)
It is ticketed by AF via expedia uk. Any advice? Should I leave it as it until I fly or within 2 weeks?

I know several peoples who ask agent to fix route and already have tickets with all former AZ segments replaced by AF flights, no more AZ in tickets. Wise move adding a lot for Air France image, I say. My own ticket unfortunately from KLM not Air France

bluebubble Mar 14, 2017 6:06 pm

deleted

NickB Mar 15, 2017 7:28 am

Originally Posted by bluebubble (Post 28037916)
when you say you called issuing airline, does that mean the airline you have ticket stock on?

Yes

I wonder what i should do with my case.
Was your ticket issued on AA stock? if so, you should call AA.

AAtticus Mar 15, 2017 7:58 am

Anyone still waiting for refunds to be processed? Still waiting for about 2k to be refunded. Both Expedia and Alitalia point to each other. CC provider (Atos Worldline) is useless in processing chargebacks.

luftair Mar 15, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ViktorZ (Post 28033875)
I have 074 too and in result find that KLM office directly instructed agents in written not to replace AZ flights by KL flights. So KLM not cancelling ticket, point that only agent able to make changes, prohibit agent to make changes. Brilliant logic :)
I wonder if in the end of Q1 AZ should settle the balance with AF-KLM and pay for business cabin seats on codeshares so real reason why KLM not cancelling tickets now is hope to sell them to at high price). Btw, AF allowed agents to fix 055 tickets by replacing AZ flights to AF flights. But not KLM

it is not true, I know people whom klm reissued tickets

bluebubble Mar 15, 2017 7:58 pm

deleted

thierry Mar 16, 2017 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ViktorZ (Post 28033875)

My ticket was reissued by KL spontaneously without me calling them.
The codeshare AZ flight no longer exists so they put their own KL flight number on the booking with no interaction with me.
It suits me perfectly well

ycc777 Mar 16, 2017 10:06 am

Originally Posted by thierry (Post 28044904)
My ticket was reissued by KL spontaneously without me calling them.
The codeshare AZ flight no longer exists so they put their own KL flight number on the booking with no interaction with me.
It suits me perfectly well

Was yours originally issued by KL or a travel agency?

vincewy Mar 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Amid all the drama, I think I really get a kick out of this post, took me a while to find it but here it is

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27613461-post2677.html

mcbg1 Mar 20, 2017 5:40 am

Interesting situation: My refund was processed in early December by Alitalia. 30 days later, it still hadn't posted on my credit card so I did a chargeback. My credit card company immediately credited the amount for the flight and told me I would hear back from them within 30 days if there were any issues. It's now been over two months and I haven't heard back from them so I assumed everything was OK.

I got a 900$ credit on my credit card last week, which means I got refunded twice. Should I do something? Will they wise up and realize their mistake?

cepylka Mar 20, 2017 7:43 am

Finally, after 3 months exactly Alitalia did deign to refund my money (in fact stealing 10 bucks from each ticket in process, literally; it was 679.88, now 669,88)

Originally Posted by mcbg1 (Post 28059990)
Interesting situation: My refund was processed in early December by Alitalia.
I got a 900$ credit on my credit card last week, which means I got refunded twice.

I have the same situation as you as it seems. What I'm going to do is wait and see how Fargo would procede my chargeback, because I still don't have their decision. And then I would call either Fargo or Alitalia, because I'm not going to give'em "stronzo"s my twenty.

dfs24 Mar 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by mcbg1 (Post 28059990)
Interesting situation: My refund was processed in early December by Alitalia. 30 days later, it still hadn't posted on my credit card so I did a chargeback. My credit card company immediately credited the amount for the flight and told me I would hear back from them within 30 days if there were any issues. It's now been over two months and I haven't heard back from them so I assumed everything was OK.

I got a 900$ credit on my credit card last week, which means I got refunded twice. Should I do something? Will they wise up and realize their mistake?

Happened to me too. But the bank adjusted within a couple of days. I won't expect it to stick unless your bank is incompetent.

margarita girl Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am

Same here. Tickets canceled around Dec 15. Amex did a charge back for me. Credits hit my Amex on Mar 2 and 14. Within a day, Amex reversed the charge back.

irishguy28 Mar 23, 2017 2:55 am

Originally Posted by ViktorZ (Post 28033893)
I know several peoples who ask agent to fix route and already have tickets with all former AZ segments replaced by AF flights, no more AZ in tickets. Wise move adding a lot for Air France image, I say. My own ticket unfortunately from KLM not Air France

Absolutely!

Airlines around the world have been eyeing the Alitalia "sale" jealously, only wishing that THEY TOO could attract a glut of hundreds or thousands of fickle, bargain-hunting passengers - and yet, none have run their own similar "sales".

Only AF appears to have hit on the brilliant idea of "stealing" these customers, by surreptitiously cutting Alitalia completely out of these tickets. AF clearly sees that these customers are going to become loyal, high-yielding customers.

:rolleyes:

(AF's actions are solely down to the current breakdown in relations between AFKL and AZ, and have nothing to do with being a "wise move" on the part of Air France, and is certainly NOT about burnishing their image. The fact is simply that virtually all codeshares between the parties, except those necessary to retain the TATL JV, have been scrapped).

March 6, 2017: Air France-KLM / Alitalia revises codeshare routes in S17
March 7, 2017: Alitalia further unwinds its Air France-KLM dealings
March 8, 2017: Alitalia further downsizes Air France-KLM codeshare routes in S17

Keter Mar 25, 2017 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 27610099)
So a ticket is constructed using stopovers and layovers, both clearly separate in the fare construction. ..

Did anyone book more than 2 stopovers on a one way fare? If so, mind sharing the examples? ITA did not allow me to book more than 2, but it does not mean yet it was not possible.

nickab Mar 26, 2017 7:21 pm

I know there's one report up-thread from someone with a 006 eticket where they successfully got it re-instated by DL after AZ took it over.

Has anyone else had luck? Tried twice recently, but got the same answer from DL customer service: we're sorry, we can't do anything here, you need to call AZ and figure it out with them. They were unwilling to call AZ for me, even though I booked with DL.

Has anyone else had luck with DL?

jakubbi Mar 27, 2017 3:49 am

still waiting for my refund.

called alitalia: they told me they not finding the ticket because never get an etix number and the PNR is empty.

edreams tell me: its uncommon that takes so long and ask again alitalia for the refund. but told me the same its strange because they also don't have an etix only an booking number.

CC does not charge back!

lewende Mar 29, 2017 9:32 am

Does anybody have any luck to fly a 055 ticket remnant? That is, after the ticket was altered/truncated by AZ, a lot of us had a remaining portion of ticket still showing "open for use".

EZEDoesIt Mar 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 28102084)
Does anybody have any luck to fly a 055 ticket remnant?

I wanted to try in January, but I had a miles ticket for the same flight the day prior and forgot to attempt OLCI after I had arrived at my destination. Guess I'll never know what could've been... :(

Keter Mar 31, 2017 2:16 am

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt (Post 28108761)
I wanted to try in January, but I had a miles ticket for the same flight the day prior and forgot to attempt OLCI after I had arrived at my destination. Guess I'll never know what could've been... :(

We tried with my friend (on SU and SQ) - checkin starts but fails to complete. I guess this is becaus the eticket coupons status is 'exchanged' and this status cant be changed to 'checked in'.

And I am sure Expedia will get ADMs from SU:D For not cancelling the booking. XP agent claimed 2 times the PNR is out of sync but it was a multicarrier itinerary, something they missed to realise.

irishguy28 Apr 4, 2017 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Keter (Post 28083953)
ITA did not allow me to book more than 2, but it does not mean yet it was not possible.

ITA does not sell tickets; so whether there is 0 stops or 20, they won't allow you to book...

Keter Apr 5, 2017 1:36 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28129734)
ITA does not sell tickets; so whether there is 0 stops or 20, they won't allow you to book...

Well i meant did not allow me to price more than 2 stops of course.

SEA-Flyer Apr 5, 2017 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Keter (Post 28131403)
Well i meant did not allow me to price more than 2 stops of course.

Might have been something about the routing or carriers you chose. I was able to price itineraries with more than 2 stops. I remember a 3 stop itinerary for sure, and I think I even priced a 5 stop.

Keter Apr 6, 2017 4:29 am

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer (Post 28131669)
Might have been something about the routing or carriers you chose. I was able to price itineraries with more than 2 stops. I remember a 3 stop itinerary for sure, and I think I even priced a 5 stop.

Cool, one thing i missed to clarify though - i meant more than 2 stops on a one way fare, or a single fare component (DUS-FLR or FLR-DUS). Same with my friend - only 2 stops. But maybe it was ITA specific issue and OTAs allowed that. This is what i am trying to understand.

im.daniel Apr 6, 2017 5:49 am

Called up AZ for a refund in early March. They said that it would take 3 months to process and couldn't expedite it. Low and behold, my refund actually came through 3 months after initial request ....

Surely this could have been done faster ...

KarlPedal Apr 26, 2017 3:42 am

Probably mentioned in other threads but I think this could be relevant for other people like me, waiting for the refund on this deal

Alitalia to Start Bankruptcy Process

Martu Apr 26, 2017 11:26 am

Still waiting for a refund too. Expedia claim it's been paid and are asking for all my bank statements from December to present as proof (not going to happen)...

Dacrazytravelman Apr 30, 2017 12:17 am

Any advise on how to expedite the refund - edreams is completely useless and getting a bit worried after 5 months and with a bankruptcy for AZ on the way...

TerryK Apr 30, 2017 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Dacrazytravelman (Post 28246961)
Any advise on how to expedite the refund - edreams is completely useless and getting a bit worried after 5 months and with a bankruptcy for AZ on the way...

Call AZ.@:-)

Dacrazytravelman Apr 30, 2017 3:27 am

Originally Posted by TerryK (Post 28247164)
Call AZ.@:-)

Thanks but AZ keeps pointing me at edreams - they tell me they will pay back to travel agency when same is cancelled and they can not pay back to me...

megaloman Apr 30, 2017 3:47 am

Or dispute transaction with your credit card company...

Dacrazytravelman May 1, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks - Will request charge back. Hope that works as edreams now claims AZ have one year to pay it back and that makes me worry..... and seems strange. Did other get it paid back right away?

carbonaddict May 2, 2017 9:41 am

Alitalia in administration - end of/further delays in refunds?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-deal-workers/

margarita girl May 2, 2017 10:05 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 27856677)
AZ interns still at work. They found my 006 ticket (for April travel) and took a hatchet to it. There was no AZ metal, but the first two segments were AZ code share. I called DL who rebooked me on the original flights, but without the code share numbers. ^

Thank goodness for My Flights app, since AZ certainly didn't notify me of the change! DL agent was taken aback as well. Only took 1h15m of my time!

Just completed my trip. Routing was FLR-CDG-JNB on AF and JNB-AMS-DUS on KL. Seriously disappointed in AF biz class on A380 and their international lounge in CDG, but otherwise a good trip. No glitches! Waiting for miles to post. :)