FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1716862-prem-fare-gone-ba-oneworld-us-europe-1-4k-biz.html)

GeminisTwin Oct 20, 2015 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Moindardt (Post 25588820)
Out of interest, did anyone get the SFO-JFK or LAX-JFK to book into F like we were able to on the last one?

I did on Delta. SFO-JFK-MAD-JFK-SFO all in Delta One, 767 for each leg.

udaykiran82 Oct 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Anyone downloaded T&C for cancellation of tickets as my wife said she might have a work thing and might be difficult to travel and I forgot to save the T&C pdf.Also would buying travel insurance with clause"cancel with any reason" help to get the non-refundable amount(75% will be given)

whimike Oct 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by GeminisTwin (Post 25591345)
I did on Delta. SFO-JFK-MAD-JFK-SFO all in Delta One, 767 for each leg.

:confused:

Not at all relevant to the OP's question. This is the BA/AA thread and the question was about being able to book F on the 3-class AA transcon.

To the OP's question, I never came across any F on the transcon.

whimike Oct 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by nov11 (Post 25591081)
Off-peak is 22.5k miles and peak is 25k miles per person each way. However, having that said, it's pretty rare for BA to release Z on LHR-California routes. I was looking at that option but decided to just fly AA 77W to LAX.

Z is pretty common on LHR-DEN/ORD/YYZ/JFK/EWR/BOS/IAD though (but you have to add another 2-5 hours in domestic F to SFO, which negates the value in BA F, but YMMV).

Are you sure on the Avios? I priced out upgrading LHR-SJC and it came to 50k Avios. Unless I did something wrong?

nov11 Oct 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by whimike (Post 25592665)
Are you sure on the Avios? I priced out upgrading LHR-SJC and it came to 50k Avios. Unless I did something wrong?

25k one way = 50k roundtrip (I assume you are trying to do it RT?).

jix Oct 21, 2015 12:53 pm

For the 25k AA bonus miles offer, are BA flights operated by AA eligible? Has anyone flown the flight and credited to AA and got the EQM/EQP and bonus?

From the AA website it's not clear if their definition of codeshare partners include the BA/IB operate flights

AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only on American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies or US Airways marketed nonstop flights for round-trip travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe, September 22, 2015, through January 31, 2016. Flights operated and/or marketed by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion.

MAH4546 Oct 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by jix (Post 25596883)
For the 25k AA bonus miles offer, are BA flights operated by AA eligible? Has anyone flown the flight and credited to AA and got the EQM/EQP and bonus?

From the AA website it's not clear if their definition of codeshare partners include the BA/IB operate flights

What you bolded is referring to airlines that are not AA, US, IB, AY, EC or BA.

Any combination of those (BA-coded AA flight; AY-coded BA flight, etc.) gets the bonus.

jix Oct 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546 (Post 25596912)
What you bolded is referring to airlines that are not AA, US, IB, AY, EC or BA.

Any combination of those (BA-coded AA flight; AY-coded BA flight, etc.) gets the bonus.

OK thanks, just want to confirm.

JetAway Oct 22, 2015 9:00 am

I'm seeing +/- $2,800 IAD/LHR on a variety of carriers (including BA & AA) late Nov, Dec, etc. Is that the "normal" sale price for that route as opposed to the recent flash sale pricing? Or is just the regular price?

chancer Oct 22, 2015 10:18 am

Originally Posted by udaykiran82 (Post 25592131)
Anyone downloaded T&C for cancellation of tickets as my wife said she might have a work thing and might be difficult to travel and I forgot to save the T&C pdf.Also would buying travel insurance with clause"cancel with any reason" help to get the non-refundable amount(75% will be given)

Fee for cancelling is $500 USD. Day/time changes will be $500 plus difference in fare.

Jose666 Nov 3, 2015 5:44 pm

Has anybody had problems with the amount billed? Specifically, getting charged more than what was on the screen at time of booking?

I have my eticket receipt that shows total payment of $1192 plus 120k avios for my four tickets, but BA billed me $2600!

It took me almost two weeks to notice, due to the card's billing cycle. Called BA and first person said that it's a mistake on CC end. Called CC (Chase) and they, of course, said that BA charged $2600 to the card. Called BA back and they are now saying that $2600 is the correct amount, despite my eticket receipt. Were they hoping I wouldn't notice? Will need to contact BA billing tomorrow.

Did anybody else who paid about $300 plus 30k avios per ticket also get charged more in actuality?

whimike Nov 4, 2015 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Jose666 (Post 25659308)
I have my eticket receipt that shows total payment of $1192 plus 120k avios for my four tickets, but BA billed me $2600!

Sounds like they didn't keep your AARP discount?

britishcanuck Nov 4, 2015 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Jose666 (Post 25659308)
Has anybody had problems with the amount billed? Specifically, getting charged more than what was on the screen at time of booking?

It took me almost two weeks to notice, due to the card's billing cycle. Called BA and first person said that it's a mistake on CC end. Called CC (Chase) and they, of course, said that BA charged $2600 to the card. Called BA back and they are now saying that $2600 is the correct amount, despite my eticket receipt. Were they hoping I wouldn't notice? Will need to contact BA billing tomorrow.

Did anybody else who paid about $300 plus 30k avios per ticket also get charged more in actuality?

I'm having an issue too. I had booked DFW-LHR-MAN / LHR-DFW. 2 pax. Total charge was $1,449.82 after using 60k avios.

Immediately realized the fare was $500 cheaper if I dropped the MAN leg, called in to change, which I was told was fine as it was < 24 hours. New fare is $909.60. Told I will get a refund of $540.22.

Two weeks later I get a CHARGE of $540.22. BA is telling me they haven't charged me. I have the eTicket receipt showing the newly corrected amount and will be initiating a dispute with my credit card company if they will not fix it.

Acid Dec 1, 2015 12:05 pm

Has anyone cancelled this ticket - what is the refund you got?
I paid $446 +30K avios. Receipt was for $1172.

I called to cancel and was told a fee of $525 will apply. I will get back ~650 AND 30K avios which is obviously more than what I paid.

How does cancel work for part pay with Avios at this higher amount?

thanks!

aa213bb Jan 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Bump.

Wondering if anyone can help me, as I'm trying to help out a friend.

Any way to look up the fare rules for this? He's canceled his tickets, and BA are saying he's only getting back ~ $300, which seems a bit silly.

Turned into me trying to find the fare rules, even for my tickets, and I cannot find them anywhere (classic.checkmytrip, BA Manage Booking, etc).

Thoughts?