Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Does anyone know if round trips Europe-USA (originating in Europe) qualify for the AA promotion? Also, does the non stop piece of a two-leg flight count (say CDG-LHR-JFK, with return JFK-LHR-CDG), or does it have to be a pure TATL non stop? The T&Cs are not clear enough about these...
The Ts&Cs state that you will earn half-round-trip credit for each TATL nonstop segment you fly.

There's no suggestion that it is limited to one particular direction provided your country of residence for AAdvantage purposes is the USA/Canada/Mexico.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
Careful. The T&C for the BA version of this offer specify that "bookings made prior to the promotional period do not qualify".
Thanks for catching that important detail. AA is the way to go and just to be on the safe side, I took screenshots of existing AA promo T&C and retained the promo registration confirmation e-mails. You never know when and if AA will suddenly add the BA-esque clause into their T&C so if you registered now and kept a copy of the T&C prior to the changes, then AA would have to honor the offer as agreed. The BA bean counters obviously took into account these sub $1150 (£760) RT fares they have been selling on BA.com when they launched this bonus offer and are trying to limit its impact by adding that rather unusual clause into its version of the Oneworld promo.

Originally Posted by nk15
Does anyone know if round trips Europe-USA (originating in Europe) qualify for the AA promotion? Also, does the non stop piece of a two-leg flight count (say CDG-LHR-JFK, with return JFK-LHR-CDG), or does it have to be a pure TATL non stop? The T&Cs are not clear enough about these...
AA promos do not care about your intra-Europe segments, whether you have them or not is irrelevant. They will count the number of Transatlantic flight segments (i.e. >3000 miles) in either direction and will deposit half of the bonus miles per qualifying flight segment. Think of it this way, this promo can be broken down into a maximum of 6 TATL flight segments and for First/Business Class, the payout schedule is as follows, units in AA miles:

Segment 1: 10K
Segment 2: 10K
Segment 3: 20K
Segment 4: 20K
Segment 5: 27.5K
Segment 6: 27.5K

Bonus miles will be credited upon each qualifying flight segment hitting your account. So whether your trip is actually round-trip or not is not important, you can have 6 segments of LHR-JFK all in the same direction and you will still qualify.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guava
Thanks for catching that important detail. AA is the way to go and just to be on the safe side, I took screenshots of existing AA promo T&C and retained the promo registration confirmation e-mails. The BA bean counters obviously took into account these sub $1150 (£760) RT fares they have been selling on BA.com when they launched this bonus offer and are trying to limit its impact by adding that rather unusual clause into its version of the Oneworld promo.
It's pretty normal for BA to restrict their promotions to future purchases. If the purpose is to incite future bookings rather than "reward" (for lack of a better word) already-made commitments, that only makes sense.

It is also quite normal for BA IT to credit you the bonus anyway.

Moreover, I would hazard a guess that the AA/AY/BA/IB/US joint venture revenue management and BA Exec Club don't talk to each other enough to know about a particular set of fares and their impact on a oneworld promotion.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:24 pm

It looks like AA promo is good enough even if you booked the flights before the promo started.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

AA promos do not care about your intra-Europe segments, whether you have them or not is irrelevant. They will count the number of Transatlantic flight segments (i.e. >3000 miles) in either direction and will deposit half of the bonus miles per qualifying flight segment. Think of it this way, this promo can be broken down into a maximum of 6 TATL flight segments and for First/Business Class, the payout schedule is as follows, units in AA miles:

Bonus miles will be credited upon each qualifying flight segment hitting your account. So whether your trip is actually round-trip or not is not important, you can have 6 segments of LHR-JFK all in the same direction and you will still qualify.
Wow, thanks guys, this is awesome...

Last edited by nk15; May 8, 2015 at 5:11 am
Old May 7, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by BigMouthStrikesAgain
Yes! I was booking a biz fare to Paris for $1700. After AARP, it was $1300. My infant lap child in business was about $200rt with taxes. They broke down the fare into base + fees. The base fare was $280 (+ over $1000 in 'taxes and fees') They charge 10% of the base for the infant ($28 + some fees and tax). Long story longer, my infant lap in biz otd was about $200
Did you find any dates today that price this fare at $1700? I see the lowest at $2200
Old May 7, 2015, 1:41 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
It is also quite normal for BA IT to credit you the bonus anyway.
I've seen that in the past but it didn't happen for me or Mrs IMH last time. Could be bad luck, could be better programming at BA, but either way it's safest to assume that flights booked before registering will not attract bonus Avios.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Meanwhile, check out this Oneworld bonus miles promo for people who have booked this fare to Europe this summer and earn up to 115,000 bonus miles in the participating Oneworld FFP of your choice.

AA: Fly to Europe and earn up to 115,000 bonus miles

BA: Earn up to 115,000 bonus Avios

Must have something to do with the 115,000 bonus miles promo they just launched.

Did I mention I am loving this Oneworld vs. Delta/Skyteam fare war?
Thanks for posting this, certainly going to be maxing this one out.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium
Drats! I'm not flying until the end of August. I don't suppose these promotions get extended often, do they?
Old May 7, 2015, 2:09 pm

No the $1700 fare went away. Twice!! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old May 7, 2015, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
I've seen that in the past but it didn't happen for me or Mrs IMH last time. Could be bad luck, could be better programming at BA, but either way it's safest to assume that flights booked before registering will not attract bonus Avios.
I would agree with this.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
They will count the number of Transatlantic flight segments (i.e. >3000 miles) in either direction and will deposit half of the bonus miles per qualifying flight segment. Think of it this way, this promo can be broken down into a maximum of 6 TATL flight segments and for First/Business Class, the payout schedule is as follows, units in AA miles:

Hi Guava - so you're saying that if I have a round-trip only 1 TATL segment of which is before the promo end date, I will still get half the bonus miles? That's good to know as one of my itineraries falls on either side of the promo end date.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tomsam
Hi Guava - so you're saying that if I have a round-trip only 1 TATL segment of which is before the promo end date, I will still get half the bonus miles? That's good to know as one of my itineraries falls on either side of the promo end date.
If you are crediting your segment to AAdvantage, then yes. See their T&C:

Originally Posted by AA
The bonus can only be earned for a maximum of three round-trips. Half the round-trip bonus will be posted after each eligible one way segment.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
I have seen it in the past too... I will tell you!
Old May 7, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If you are crediting your segment to AAdvantage, then yes. See their T&C:
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.