Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] RTW for <$1K FCO-SIN-USA from $338

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Hyacinthe
DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE

Availability

From: FCO/MXP, BCN/MAD, OTP, MLA, IST (although I couldn't get the OTP origin to ticket)

Via: SIN/PEK

To: SEA/PDX/SLC/LAX/ATL/EWR/JFK/SJU (probably others)

Routing: AUH between Europe and Asia. NRT (and optionally HNL) between Asia and North America.

Interesting options: Some city combinations will book into T fares on AZ for a few dollars more, which will earn 100% on Flying Blue. AS has confirmed booking date will not be taken into consideration for mileage credit. DL V fare will earn 50% for 2015 travel. AS metal may be available on HNL-North America segments (if you choose to route via HNL).

Booking Engines: Orbitz, Priceline and others. Depending on the flights, Google Flights and Hipmunk are not showing these fares.

And remember, DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE

Italy - SIN - United States:
Here are the current flight schedules of people. If anyone has their dates to add or any corrections please do tell!

1/29
LIN-SIN GregoireDumas

2/2
SIN-JFK GregoireDumas

3/9
MXP-SIN soulgems

3/15
SIN-LAX soulgems

3/25
FCO-SIN deltaspartan

3/26
FCO-SIN Globalhobo2

3/29
SIN-LAX deltaspartan

4/1
VCE-SIN Server

4/5
SIN-LAX Server

4/8
VCE-SIN volazz

4/9
SIN-MCI Globalhobo2

4/12
SIN-LAX volazz

5/1
MXP-SIN 24Yukon24

5/3
VCE-SIN Tuvalu

5/4
SIN-SEA 24Yukon24

5/10
SIN-LAX Tuvalu

5/17
MXP-SIN venkol

5/19
FCO-SIN seychellesbound

5/21
MXP-SIN jpauls123

5/22
FCO-SIN krupdogg

5/25
SIN-JFK(-DTW) seychellesbound

5/26
VCE-SIN larapanget

5/27
FCO-SIN stumpletonwang
SIN-JFK jpauls123

5/30
SIN-BWI venkol

5/31
SIN-LAX larapanget

6/2
SIN-JFK krupdogg

6/4
SIN-JFK stumpletonwang

6/8
VCE-SIN yakadayaka

6/11
FCO-SIN constituo

6/16
SIN-JFK constituo

6/17
MXP-SIN abielewi
MXP-SIN Clincher

6/19
MXP-SIN jpauls123

6/22
SIN-JFK Clincher
SIN-JFK yakadayaka

6/23
SIN-JFK jpauls123

6/24
SIN-JFK abielewi

6/30
FCO-SIN PHLightPhanatic
VCE-SIN Epicura
VCE-SIN mtvesuvius

7/10
SIN-EWR PHLightPhanatic

7/25
SIN-LAX mtvesuvius

9/10
FCO-SIN mustardboy

9/14
SIN-LAX mustardboy

9/15
FCO-SIN GuyverII

9/20
SIN-LAX GuyverII
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] RTW for <$1K FCO-SIN-USA from $338

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by hpdasd

Only thing is that i'll have to ditch my return flight from Cairo on AF. Should I call to cancel the remaining portion after flying the first leg(s)? Or should I just not show up?
Assuming Cairo is your very last leg on that particular ticket, the usual suggestion here is to just not show up. If ever questioned, claim sudden sickness. I've never seen reports of anyone questioned, but it is always good to have that Plan B in your pocket.

Romelle
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Another idea we are kicking around is taking an AirAsia flight SIN-DMK (Bangkok) and spend some time there as well. Seeing flights from 40 euros each way SIN-DMK.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wish I could join you! Can't make it this time, the dates I have in mind do not work (July, which is fair enough as the cut off date for departures is 30 June, and September). So I will be with you in spirit, thinking about the last offer I got from this forum, the Alitalia EUR132 deal to Abu Dhabi back in June.

By the way, just a question for those like myself, who are eligible for the visa waiver scheme. I'm a Brit, mostly traveling from continental Europe to the US. I've never done a TPAC, so I was wondering if the visa waiver scheme also applies to European citizens if they arrive on flights that do not originate in Europe. I am thinking of that Tokyo-New York, or Los Angeles, or wherever in the US, sector. I recall a story about a Brit who arrived on a flight originating in Seoul (admittedly back in the 80s) who got into real trouble because his paperwork was not in order simply because of where the flight originated. He was chucked in the clink, as I remember. This is probably well out of date now, but it is a question worth bearing in mind for those Europeans on this particular routing.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Romelle
Assuming Cairo is your very last leg on that particular ticket, the usual suggestion here is to just not show up. If ever questioned, claim sudden sickness. I've never seen reports of anyone questioned, but it is always good to have that Plan B in your pocket.

Romelle
Yes, CAI is (was) my destination and last leg of my outbound journey. Thank you for the advice. ^
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I wish I could join you! Can't make it this time, the dates I have in mind do not work (July, which is fair enough as the cut off date for departures is 30 June, and September). So I will be with you in spirit, thinking about the last offer I got from this forum, the Alitalia EUR132 deal to Abu Dhabi back in June.

By the way, just a question for those like myself, who are eligible for the visa waiver scheme. I'm a Brit, mostly traveling from continental Europe to the US. I've never done a TPAC, so I was wondering if the visa waiver scheme also applies to European citizens if they arrive on flights that do not originate in Europe. I am thinking of that Tokyo-New York, or Los Angeles, or wherever in the US, sector. I recall a story about a Brit who arrived on a flight originating in Seoul (admittedly back in the 80s) who got into real trouble because his paperwork was not in order simply because of where the flight originated. He was chucked in the clink, as I remember. This is probably well out of date now, but it is a question worth bearing in mind for those Europeans on this particular routing.
Don't they ask you when you register what flight you are arriving on?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:37 pm

This is probably well out of date now, but it is a question worth bearing in mind for those Europeans on this particular routing.
You're very kind with us but I can confirm this is totally out of date now !
A few months ago, I arrived in the U.S. from APW - a much more exotic place than SEL - and had absolutely no problem
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
My flights:

MXP-SIN : 14 March
SIN-TYO-LAX: 18 March
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:15 pm

Anyone got this to work from other airports in Europe, or does it only work from italy?

Would it awesome if it worked from Zurich
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:44 pm

Is it gone?
Fare rules states book before or on December 1, but it shows an YR of €241.

Should have booked it asap but I was enjoying my DUB - PER deal
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:09 am

Unable to find anything in the 3/8-3/15 range from east coast airports (EWR, JFK, PHL, etc)
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

... I was wondering if the visa waiver scheme also applies to European citizens if they arrive on flights that do not originate in Europe. ..
If you think about it, a great many people travel routinely from Europe to the Caribbean, Central and South America as well Canada, through the US. Their returns to Europe would be severely hampered if they required special visas for non-European origins.

So expect no problems arriving on a trans-Pacific flight. You'll still get the awful faff of immigration, but no problems specific to your immigration status.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by powerpuffy
Is it gone?
Fare rules states book before or on December 1, but it shows an YR of €241.

Should have booked it asap but I was enjoying my DUB - PER deal
It's not showing up for me either. Is anyone else still seeing it?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, HHonors Gold
Deal is dead
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
When do you think it might be safe to book further flights and hotel?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by optik
Unable to find anything in the 3/8-3/15 range from east coast airports (EWR, JFK, PHL, etc)
Did you mean to the east coast airports? The sale was for departing Italy. You had to buy a separate ticket to get from the US to the departure points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.