Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] CM IAD to CUZ $399 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] CM IAD to CUZ $399 ai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thank you.

Tried to book on Copa website but CUZ was not a recognized airport code. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes. Copa's Web site won't let you book to cities that Copa itself does not serve, so you have to call the reservation line. There may be a fee for booking depending on your Premier status.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by vandrei
Yes. Copa's Web site won't let you book to cities that Copa itself does not serve, so you have to call the reservation line. There may be a fee for booking depending on your Premier status.
but, I try to call the reservation center, it is still impossible to book that flight.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I was unable to book with Copa too, so just ended up booking on Orbitz. How do I go about requesting an ugrade using my UA RPUs?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
JW Marriott Cusco is offering a Cyber Summer Promotion
Classic Inca Room is $200 includes breakfast for 2 and oxygen
Take note of the cancellation policy as it seems to be 30 days.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Heads up on something I found out after booking this fare. My wife has a green card, but Peru bases Visa requirements on country of passport (not country of residents), so she is required to get a visa for the trip. The bad part of this story is that you must travel to a Peruvian consulate and apply in person for the Visa- cannot be done by Visa processing company.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Just a friendly bump, this fare is still available to middle of Oct., just wish I didn't just come back from there, and my second time there or I would go back again
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I'm lost... Is it possible for travel this month? Can't find the fare anywhere not even EF..
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by ryan754
I'm lost... Is it possible for travel this month? Can't find the fare anywhere not even EF..
Earliest travel is sept to middle of oct.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:41 am

works at a similar price range ex MEX too.... I´ve been monitoring them for a while... e.g. yesterday the MEX-CUZ trip was at 300$ roughly. Leaving basically tmr and return monday/tuesday

Ah bit more than 300$, forgot about the bad conversion rates hehe.
But under 300 EUR
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:45 am

Books via OTA on Avianca
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:09 am

Another bump. Just booked for Oct 9 - 13. Not really for miles as much as a quick trip since I've never been and to take my in-laws. Since the in-laws are green card holders not US citizens, it's a bit of a pain having to get visas in person at the Peruvian Embassy. Also, I have read horror stories about Copa baggage issues in Panama City. Short layovers are advised to avoid theft. Also, I booked 4 tickets - $397 each and used a cash back portal and got $20 back.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can anyone comment on the likelihood of getting a complimentary upgrade as a 1K on my IAD-PTY-LIM-PTY-ORD flights as opposed to using my RPUs? I had 2 RPUs (exp 1/2015) which I used to upgrade my non-status friend. I can now use 2 RPUs (exp 1/2016) to upgrade myself, but I'd prefer to save those for next year. Flights seem wide open as Z space ranges from 6 to 9.

Advice would be appreciated.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can anyone comment on the likelihood of getting a complimentary upgrade as a 1K on my IAD-PTY-LIM-PTY-ORD flights as opposed to using my RPUs? I had 2 RPUs (exp 1/2015) which I used to upgrade my non-status friend. I can now use 2 RPUs (exp 1/2016) to upgrade myself, but I'd prefer to save those for next year. Flights seem wide open as Z space ranges from 6 to 9.

Advice would be appreciated.
Hey margarita girl.. I flew on CM a lot from SCL-PTY-xUS (EWR or LAX usually).. As a UA Gold I got upgraded every segment on CM.. at 48 hrs too and I got an email alert if you can believe it!! These flights were 50-70% full in J, and showed the same kind of availability that you see on your flights above.

There seems to be a lot of MR traffic on these flights per this thread, but as a 1k I think your chances are quite good for CPU's on these routes from a historical viewpoint.

Best of luck...
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:48 pm

Is this fare still available? All I can find is $691.00 RT.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by cdavis5711
Is this fare still available? All I can find is $691.00 RT.
Expired Jul 20th I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.