FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1524370-fare-gone-ua-ewr-europe-370-return.html)

DistrictofCathleen Nov 25, 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by 4EverYoung (Post 21850930)
Looks like it is dead. Anyone still able to book.

Still alive for NYC-MXP, def showing Feb, maybe more

yul36 Nov 25, 2013 10:08 am

Originally Posted by pnosker (Post 21851123)
Booked LGA-Milan (arriving at LIN, return from MXP) on AC for ~$280 RT. Thanks!!

Careful with AC only V and higher is 100% Pqm.

onfo Nov 25, 2013 10:08 am

Originally Posted by 4EverYoung (Post 21850930)
Looks like it is dead. Anyone still able to book.

11 posts in the last 8 years?! Everyone's coming out of the woodwork! :D

Pucnit Nov 25, 2013 10:11 am

If you have e-ticket numbers and you transit through Canada your ticket and price is 100% safe.

If you have e-ticket numbers and you start, stop or have a 24 hour plus layover in the US. I would say your ticket and price is 99% safe.

As with other errors you should attempt to maximize the risk/reward. If you can get your hotels stay for $100-$150 total non-refundable that sounds like an okay gamble instade of paying $300/night after all the hotels are booked up.

hobo13 Nov 25, 2013 10:13 am

Originally Posted by skunker (Post 21851113)
People that bought the last round of RGN fares said the same thing and the DOT ruled against them after giving a new interpretation of the rules.

Your damn the torpedos, full speed ahead attitude should be admired though. ;)

I flew my RGN R3 ticket.

I'm 95% confident that those with an ETKT will fly and said so late Saturday night. Wandering Aramean said he was 99.99% confident over the weekend.

NOTHING in the airfare industry (or life!) is ever 100% certain.

hobo13 Nov 25, 2013 10:16 am

To those wanting to book IHG sale rooms...

If you have the option of booking a $300+ hotel room for $50, well, I would probably do it.

Think about it -- you're getting a $700+ airfare ticket for $300 and a $300 room for $50. With a compound liklihood of maybe 90% success. That's a game I want to play every damn day of the week! But if your bankroll can't carry you through some occasional losses and uncertainty, frankly, this entire mistake fare game probably isn't for you.

sis22 Nov 25, 2013 10:17 am

UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

What's the link for the IHG flash sale?

jesslonguf Nov 25, 2013 10:24 am

Question for more seasoned flyers: I'm flying LGA - YUL, YUL - FRA, FRA - MXP. I only have a 40 minute layover in Frankfurt. Does this seem like enough time?

iamife Nov 25, 2013 10:25 am

Originally Posted by jesslonguf (Post 21851252)
Question for more seasoned flyers: I'm flying LGA - YUL, YUL - FRA, FRA - MXP. I only have a 40 minute layover in Frankfurt. Does this seem like enough time?

Yes it is!!!

skunker Nov 25, 2013 10:25 am

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 21851175)
I flew my RGN R3 ticket.

I'm 95% confident that those with an ETKT will fly and said so late Saturday night. Wandering Aramean said he was 99.99% confident over the weekend.

NOTHING in the airfare industry (or life!) is ever 100% certain.

I'm not saying people didn't fly them. I'm saying that some people routed through the US or even added a flight to the US after YUL in the hopes the DOT rules would protect them. It didn't. DOT ruled you had to stopover and not transit for the rules to apply. And, the flights after YUL didn't count since that was another fare.

None of that has anything to do with these, but it does point out that the DOT rules are not set in stone and are open to interpretation.

You couldn't pay me to fly UA so I have no skin in the game. Just trying to interject some reality into the "DOT will make them" argument.

Good luck.

Clincher Nov 25, 2013 10:27 am

Originally Posted by garygleck (Post 21851116)
September for LGA-MXP on AC. Did not try to book, so I do not know if they go through..

Not in the $250 range right?

beltway Nov 25, 2013 10:28 am

Originally Posted by sis22 (Post 21851206)
What's the link for the IHG flash sale?

Link & discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...s-25-25-a.html

Not for everyone:

Book 25th November – 26th November for stays between 16th December – 26th January 2014

jesslonguf Nov 25, 2013 10:30 am

If you're still looking for good prices for LGA - MXP, try clearing your cookies or using a different browser. Flights for ~$250 RT still exist.

miniliq Nov 25, 2013 10:36 am

Originally Posted by DistrictofCathleen (Post 21851137)
Still alive for NYC-MXP, def showing Feb, maybe more

"Showing" is one thing -- but when you get to "purchase" there's an error message "we were unable to confirm the fare you requested" please try again. Same message for all of the attractive combinations I tried in the past hour.

hobo13 Nov 25, 2013 10:46 am

Originally Posted by skunker (Post 21851264)
I'm not saying people didn't fly them. I'm saying that some people routed through the US or even added a flight to the US after YUL in the hopes the DOT rules would protect them. It didn't. DOT ruled you had to stopover and not transit for the rules to apply. And, the flights after YUL didn't count since that was another fare.

None of that has anything to do with these, but it does point out that the DOT rules are not set in stone and are open to interpretation.

You couldn't pay me to fly UA so I have no skin in the game. Just trying to interject some reality into the "DOT will make them" argument.

Good luck.

I don't really disagree. But frankly, I don't think DOT will ever see this case.

And as for 'they would have to pay you to fly UA'...... be careful what you wish for! :D