FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1524370-fare-gone-ua-ewr-europe-370-return.html)

divinebaboon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 am

Originally Posted by fsufan6000 (Post 21850755)
what dates?

LGA-MIL feb5 - feb10 is around 1600NOK

H20lovingchick Nov 25, 2013 9:12 am

Originally Posted by fsufan6000 (Post 21850755)
what dates?

I just found some deals from LGA to MAX March 19th-26 ish

dantorsiello Nov 25, 2013 9:13 am

Just got my parents out of LGA to MXP at $263 a ticket mid-Feb. Amazing. They've never been to Europe and my dad is Italian, should be special.

talljames Nov 25, 2013 9:14 am

Booked LAX-BOM(segs on LX and Jet) in Sept at 12:05 PST Saturday. Showed on UA and Amadeus. No charge showed on Amex Sat or Sun. Received first email from Wid but no ticket email. Updated CC yesterday. At 5 A.M. PST got a text saying ticket was cancelled and check email from Wid. Email says"Kjære kunde,
Vi kunne ikke fullføre bestillingen. Din reservasjon er kansellert. Ditt kredittkort har ikke blitt belastet.
Årsaken er at vi ikke har billettsalg-avtaler med et eller flere flyselskaper på reiseruten din.
Vennligst se bort fra den automatiske bekreftelsen du fikk tilsendt på e-post.
Vi beklager det inntrufne, og anbefaler at du bestiller din reise direkte fra flyselskapethjemmeside eller via et reisebyrå.
Vennlig hilsen
Widerøe Internet Booking
.................................................. .....
Dear Customer
We were unable to complete your order. Your reservation has been canceled. Your credit card has not been charged.
The reason is that we do not have ticketing agreements with one or more airlines on your itinerary.
Please disregard the automatic confirmation we sent you by e-mail.
We apologize for the inconvenience and recommend that you book your travel directly from the airline's website or via a travel agent.
Sincerely,
Widerøe Internet Booking"

And now Amex shows pre-charge for amount of ticket but ticket is gone from UA and Amadeus........

jayenoh Nov 25, 2013 9:15 am

Originally Posted by H20lovingchick (Post 21850775)
I just found some deals from LGA to MAX March 19th-26 ish

you mean MXP?

saranyc Nov 25, 2013 9:17 am

Originally Posted by talljames (Post 21850788)
Dear Customer
We were unable to complete your order. Your reservation has been canceled. Your credit card has not been charged.
The reason is that we do not have ticketing agreements with one or more airlines on your itinerary.
We apologize for the inconvenience and recommend that you book your travel directly from the airline's website or via a travel agent.
Sincerely,

And now Amex shows pre-charge for amount of ticket but ticket is gone from UA and Amadeus........

This has happened often this weekend when trying to fly to BOM.

H20lovingchick Nov 25, 2013 9:17 am

Originally Posted by jayenoh (Post 21850793)
you mean MXP?

Yes, sorry.

zgringo14 Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

Booked LAX-BOM(segs on LX and Jet) in Sept at 12:05 PST Saturday. Showed on UA and Amadeus. No charge showed on Amex Sat or Sun. Received first email from Wid but no ticket email. Updated CC yesterday. At 5 A.M. PST got a text saying ticket was cancelled and check email from Wid. Email says"Kjære kunde,
Vi kunne ikke fullføre bestillingen. Din reservasjon er kansellert. Ditt kredittkort har ikke blitt belastet.
Årsaken er at vi ikke har billettsalg-avtaler med et eller flere flyselskaper på reiseruten din.
Vi beklager det inntrufne, og anbefaler at du bestiller din reise direkte fra flyselskapethjemmeside eller via et reisebyrå.
Vennlig hilsen
Widerøe Internet Booking
Dear Customer
Sincerely,

Apparently all the bookings with Jet Airways segments got that message. I got one of those and then rebooked with LH segments through Frankfurt to get my IAD - BOM trip ticketed.

PV_Premier Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

Originally Posted by durberville (Post 21850628)
Flight leaves from the US, of course it's covered by DOT. Say Wideroe wants to cancel, I suspect the DOT would coerce UA to reinstate tickets, who would then go after Wideroe via a debit memo.

Once ticketed, you're going to fly.

WF has no desire to cancel. they're basking in the glory of the booking fees and the publicity. they won't cancel unilaterally, so long as noone (eg, UA or Amadeus) sues them.

seebri Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

Originally Posted by durberville (Post 21850725)
I suspect it won't matter - all flights departing the US are covered by the rules. UA will have some sort of contract that allows recovery for damages from Wideroe.

The rules don't care about who the ticket is plated on, nor do they care about who issued it. What it cares about is that the flight leaves the US. Wideroe might say "hey, we're not within the DOT's jurisdiction, so, cancelled!." If that happened, the DOT will say "United! This guy/gal had a ticket for your flight leaving from the US. I don't care who issued the ticket, nor who cancelled it... they have the right to be on that flight! Give them a ticket now or face a hugggeeeee fine!" United: "OK DOT, tickets reissued. Hey, Wideroe, we just lost a shitload of money because of your mistake. You see this contract that we have with you that says you have to give us money for your mistake? Yeah, we're invoking that. Give us that YQ now." At this point Wideroe will: a. pay UA, issue is done with; b. refuse to pay, and then UA takes them to court for breach of contract, and will get their money there; or c. Wideroe will lose in court, not have enough money to pay back Wideroe, and will declare bankruptcy... UA is out of luck and will have to suck it up.

Widerøe has a revenue of about US$ 500 million, I doubt that they will go bankrupt because of this.

esoterik Nov 25, 2013 9:20 am

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium (Post 21850601)
No, you need to do it on the wideroe.no site. See my post here for specific instructions.

that worked perfectly, thank you.

cbkcc1 Nov 25, 2013 9:24 am

Vennlig hilsen
Widerøe Internet Booking
Dear Customer
Sincerely,

i had the same issue on the back from Jordan going on UA/Lufthansa/flyDubai. had to rebook on UA/Lufthansa only and it went through. although the first try flight DID NOT authorize anything on my credit card.

flyhka Nov 25, 2013 9:29 am

cancellation problems

Anyone else having an impossible time canceling extra wideroe bookings made in the rush that they no longer can use? I booked two LGA-MXP for different dates to find out when I could get off work, and just spent 2 hours trying to cancel via email and get someone on chat to confirm. Finally got someone to say it will happen overnight....so will I get the money back or not?

kshahk Nov 25, 2013 9:33 am

Meal Options in AC

Anyone have any idea how to set meal options for AC flights? I was able to change seats from wideroe, but don't see an option for meal options.

montezume Nov 25, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks! Booked and ticketed (got PDFs) LGA - MXP in March, two tickets for $540 cad! Booked our return flights through YUL (home airport). Planning on skipping out on the last segment and not checking luggage.