FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1524370-fare-gone-ua-ewr-europe-370-return.html)

macdonaldj2 Nov 23, 2013 1:01 pm

not getting anything to price out of IAH

kauppias Nov 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Will WF ticketed UA flights earn normally on *A? Since its on non star alliance ticket stock or does that not matter?

benwilliams Nov 23, 2013 1:02 pm

IAD - CMB got a kick back saying that wideroe refunded my purchase due to not being partners with one of the airlines. Im assuming flydubai. Rebooked IAD - DXB for $315, will see if it gets ticketed!

mkpolo76 Nov 23, 2013 1:02 pm

nice deal

Too bad I already booked an award flight with UA in february

Lurker1999 Nov 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Looks like their website can't handle anything besides letters in the name fields. This might make for a fun time checking in online.

Also the PNR they emailed me was a CO PNR which converted to a UA PNR when I saved the reservation to my account on UA.com.

danpeake Nov 23, 2013 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 21839674)
Will WF ticketed UA flights earn normally on *A? Since its on non star alliance ticket stock or does that not matter?

The miles earned are based on the carrier flown. So, you're flying United metal, you'll earn miles just as if you were you should for flying United no matter who issues the ticket.

WrLdTrvLnIndian Nov 23, 2013 1:03 pm

anything in may? plugging away but dont seem to find anything.....this sucks....in the middle of moving to another state and job and getting married...from now till april is shot...love for something in may

wcalvert Nov 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 21839674)

Whoever is flying the plane is what matters

FlyIgglesFly Nov 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian (Post 21839688)
anything in may? plugging away but dont seem to find anything.....this sucks....in the middle of moving to another state and job and getting married...from now till april is shot...love for something in may

I saw some flight EWR-WAW for $243 5/8-5/12.

zgringo14 Nov 23, 2013 1:05 pm

purchased with incomplete name

I just purchased but I stupidly didn't include my wife's second last name. It has never been an issue,but normally she flies a different airline.

Her name is Jane Doe Smith, but I just entered Jane Doe. stupid me. I'm wondering what is the best thing to do?

Lurker1999 Nov 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jcollier14 (Post 21839697)
I just purchased but I stupidly didn't include my wife's second last name. It has never been an issue,but normally she flies a different airline.

Her name is Jane Doe Smith, but I just entered Jane Doe. stupid me. I'm wondering what is the best thing to do?

Cancel and rebook. Make sure the name on the ticket matches the passport exactly.

danpeake Nov 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by patriots12 (Post 21839624)
Anyone know how to cancel?

I've found better deals!

Once it tickets you'll get an email from the booking website with another email confirmation. There's a "cancel" link in that email you can click.

dogloverjb Nov 23, 2013 1:13 pm

EWR-MXP for a long weekend in Feb - $309 for 2. Waiting for it to ticket. And continuing to look... Thanks to OP!!!

saranyc Nov 23, 2013 1:14 pm

FYI: NYC to MXP (going on united, returning on Air Canada -- one short layover each way) for Oct 2014: $328

critten Nov 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 (Post 21839673)
not getting anything to price out of IAH

ives gotten AMS(nonstop), DXB, DUB, OSL, MXP out of IAH. all below 500. pretty amazing and my first few have already ticketed confirmed, though into K class - if someone would tell me how to get into the W fare!