FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1150182-fare-gone-expedia-ca-300-coupon-packages-new-terms.html)

schley Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by djmagnum (Post 15205797)
ORD-LAS one night at MGM is 293, comes out to 0 dollars. How legit is this? I cannot afford to pay the 293 if they make me. Is it possible they can cancel my reservation and make me pay? What do you think is the best way to approach this?

#1 Why are you traveling if you can't afford $293? There has got to be other priorities in your life at this moment, which is fine.

#2 DO NOT call the expedia/airline anyone at all.

#3 this is totally legit and consider yourself lucky you were online to see it when you did. This will not be around long. The period to book ends on the 21st of Nov so either way, whether they pull now or wait until the end of the 21st the window is small.

The credit is $300 so if you go over, that with your package you pay the difference.

learningtime Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 15205842)
As with many of the special deals that come through FT, there is always some element of risk.

You card may be charged for it, and they have said they will refund it later. If this amount is too much for you to risk, then sit on your hands, and let everyone else cash in on it.

On previous deals like this, idiots have called in to verify if they'd get the money back, or asked other dumb questions. Do not do this, as this will ruin the deal.

Again, for those Nervous Nellie's out there, if you won't take a scintilla of risk, then stay away from all of these deals.

+ 1
Not say I am not a bit anxious but it's a risk I am willing to take. Worst case, we will fight it out with expedia (after the promotion dates of course).
So kiddo 2 got his own seat and 4 nights at the hotel for C$2. Cool.

carlitos Nov 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Wow, just jumped in. Had to create profile, as for my brother, it told me he already had an account with expedia.ca. So created two profiles and bough two rooms, two flights for $150 Canadian Dollars each in december 19-21 red eye.

That is the MGM two nights plus AA flights upgraded free thanks to Explat and everything for a great price.

Thaaaaaaaanks OP, you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MatthewLAX Nov 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 15205666)
The arrival city must be LAS, NYC or CUN. Departure city can be any US or Canadian (or perhaps even other) cities.

Exactly.

otherside Nov 19, 2010 2:32 pm

there is also possibility to book crappy hotel for one night and not for the whole trip, may be useful for someone especially for 2pax... ;)

alison11 Nov 19, 2010 2:33 pm

How are successful purchasers getting past thepayment screen? I have the voucher in.

Please enter the card identification number of your credit card.

Is the canadian cid different from the us one?

jquero Nov 19, 2010 2:33 pm

And how could I forget?....Thank you very much for posting this flyinghigh!

alggag Nov 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm in for LAS.

I am already cashing in my vacation days starting next week and was going to end up with like 20 days straight with nothing to do. If it works and the trip ends up costing me about $5 then awesome! If not, $305 is still a very good flight+hotel price as I was hoping to travel just for the sake of it during my time off if I could find a good deal. :cool:

flyinghigh77 Nov 19, 2010 2:35 pm

I remember, like 2 years ago, Expedia US had a promotion where they gave you 200 USD off any package of 3 nights or more. I jumped on that one. The airline first charged the entire fare, and then 1 day later I did indeed receive a refund from expedia.

Sterndogg Nov 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Antipode (Post 15204318)
I think this is normal for these expedia package deals. Whenever the airline ticket price is greater than the package price, they charge the ticket amount then refund the difference.

Yeppers...on the expedia itin it's showing a refund of the package price since the airfare was more expensive...results in the actual price of the "package" (in my case $63C) but obviously the refund hasn't posted/voided on the credit card that I used.

Haven't done something as spontaneous as this in a long time!

eponymous_coward Nov 19, 2010 2:39 pm

So this is what it says when I look at payment details:

19/11/2010 C$243.12 Visa Apr 2013 (my name) Expedia.ca Package Refunded N
19/11/2010 C$243.12 Visa Apr 2013 (my name) Other Airline Fee Submitted N

So it would appear that this is going through. (I'm taking screenshots just in case.)

PaulInTheSky Nov 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg (Post 15205937)
Yeppers...on the expedia itin it's showing a refund of the package price since the airfare was more expensive...results in the actual price of the "package" (in my case $63C) but obviously the refund hasn't posted/voided on the credit card that I used.

Haven't done something as spontaneous as this in a long time!

Hope that's really the deal here. I am about to make the fifth one, but I have to use my gf's CC. I got other CCs but they are not with me!

PaulInTheSky Nov 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 15205965)
So this is what it says when I look at payment details:

19/11/2010 C$243.12 Visa Apr 2013 (my name) Expedia.ca Package Refunded N
19/11/2010 C$243.12 Visa Apr 2013 (my name) Other Airline Fee Submitted N

So it would appear that this is going through. (I'm taking screenshots just in case.)

What CC? Just curious? BOA VISA didn't show anything yet.

missydarlin Nov 19, 2010 2:40 pm

MOTHER EFFER! I kept having to refresh the booking, and it ended up going through without the voucher. Calling to fix now. Will try not to ruin it for the rest of you.

bver100 Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Checked aa - it says my ord-lga flight is ticketed. Now to hope for the voucher to come through!